LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Singletary is not the right coach for this team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing needs an OC that has a productive track record. This guy should be able to handle the offense with little input from sing, stay within sing's intent, and deliver a productive offense.

The niners are one of the worst teams in 3 and outs again.
Originally posted by fister30:
Sing needs an OC that has a productive track record. This guy should be able to handle the offense with little input from sing, stay within sing's intent, and deliver a productive offense.

I just worry about the continuity of our offense if we get rid of our OC again.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

Dude a 50% completion rate is getting it done? Against Indy? You got no chance of winning and that is a fact. I blame this on the players I saw alot of drops, overthrows, turnovers, etc.

19/32 is just a hair under 60%.

That still terrible against indy we were lucky to be in the game bro face the fact. Some of those passes should of been picked especially that overthrown to bruce. He's going to get better but did not get the job done that is all I"m saying. If he had a 65% then we had a chance.

Thats terrible against the #6 pass defense with two very great pass rushers on the edge. And since we are talking about passes that "should of been" picked off then talk about Peyton Manning too. He also threw some that could have went the other way but didn't. Its the NFL son a game of inches

Yup, 19/32 is 59.3%.......Looks like somebody fails at math.

59.4% to be exact your math ain't as good as well... Your missing the point you won't beat a peyton manning team with that kind of percentage.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

Dude a 50% completion rate is getting it done? Against Indy? You got no chance of winning and that is a fact. I blame this on the players I saw alot of drops, overthrows, turnovers, etc.

19/32 is just a hair under 60%.

That still terrible against indy we were lucky to be in the game bro face the fact. Some of those passes should of been picked especially that overthrown to bruce. He's going to get better but did not get the job done that is all I"m saying. If he had a 65% then we had a chance.

Thats terrible against the #6 pass defense with two very great pass rushers on the edge. And since we are talking about passes that "should of been" picked off then talk about Peyton Manning too. He also threw some that could have went the other way but didn't. Its the NFL son a game of inches

Our course I understand that but he could of played better which would of helped us win. Ask yourself what did he do to put us in a situation to win? He didn't and Peyton did that was the difference.
Originally posted by mayo63:
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.
imo its time for Scott to go. How many years in a row are we gonna say once the o line is situated & once they get a pass rusher the team will be better? On top of that he made no moves to sure up the oline or add any pass rushers to the team. If da guy who is supposed to fix da problem never fixes it then he needs to go. Ownership is wack & it just trickles down throughout the whole team
Singletary is doing heck of a job. The ownership is very satisfied with what Singletary has done with the team. Our players are clearly the most motivated in the league,

[ Edited by jed_york on Nov 1, 2009 at 18:45:47 ]
Originally posted by sachie23:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

The Niners are playing hard and have had 1 bad game out of 7 games. They should have beaten Minnesota on the road. This is a team that is 7-1 and could very well be undefeated. We lost to Houston by 3 and Indy by 4 on the road. These are elite teams. Why are the Niners in these games? Its because of Singletary. He has them fighting and playing up to their capabilities.

This is still a very flawed roster and that is not Singletarys fault. We need 2 offensive lineman, a passrusher, a safety who can make plays,and another RB to compliment Gore. I doubt there is any coach in FB that has us any better than 4-3 right now.
I f**king agree

this team has talent. Sing can not coach at all he makes stupid ass decesions like Clemets at PR AHGGG Rossom?? RAYE!!!

Im done with him and Raye. They are holding this team back. keep sing around only as a motivational f**king speaker
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Mike Shannahan would look good on the sidelines right now...
or holmgrem would be far better than sing, as much as we all like sing.

I posted this in another thread

Quote:
Raye is obviously not the offensive mind like Martz but this offense is a reflection of Singletary.

Linehan was Singletary's first choice (or maybe McCloughans) but he turned down the job
because Mike wanted to control the offense. It's why Martz was fired because which Singletary knew he couldn't control Martz.

I don't see this offense EVER improving until Singletary stops being stubborn.

There's just no excuse for this "Lets hope the other offense makes more mistakes than ours" offense. You can't expect the defense to play great every week. At some point the offense has got to hold up it's end of the bargain.

I don't think it matters who the OC is, Singletary has a vision of how offensive football should be played and unless he decides to give that up, this is the type of offense that we can expect.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Nov 1, 2009 at 19:06:12 ]
The more I think about it the more I'm not sure we could blame Sing.

We have to take him at face value when he says "We will do whatever it takes to win the game." He even mentioned going to 4 and 5 WR sets. I would bet he and Raye have talked about "opening up the offense".

What if the real problem is Raye is just a crappy play caller? I'm sure he has a ton of knowledge, but his calls just seem to have no rythm and are just drive killers.

A pereft example is that dumb wildcat call in the begining of the game on second down. It has never worked any of the 5 times that he has called it and yet after gaining some positive yards he calls the wildcat whic is the equivelant to burning a down.

Great coordinators have a feel for the game and what the oppenent is doing. Raye on the other hand just seems to be calling random plays. There is no play action, screens or plays to set up big plays.
The examples go on and on of us being able to move the ball in the air only to go right back to a play that is sure to net zero yards. ITs like he can't help himself.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

I just worry about the continuity of our offense if we get rid of our OC again.

Its a no win situation. I don't know if sing would allow a more dynamic OC in SF. I really doubt sing will let raye go. If sing fires a guy that he hired in one year nobody will want to come to SF, nobody decent at least.
Originally posted by King49er:
get out, jesus christ

Amen!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
or holmgrem would be far better than sing, as much as we all like sing.

Yeah cause he brought tons of championships to Seattle. TONS!!! They got so many they need a warehouse to store all the Lombardi trophies that he brought to Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone