There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Singletary is not the right coach for this team

Originally posted by mayo63:
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.
imo its time for Scott to go. How many years in a row are we gonna say once the o line is situated & once they get a pass rusher the team will be better? On top of that he made no moves to sure up the oline or add any pass rushers to the team. If da guy who is supposed to fix da problem never fixes it then he needs to go. Ownership is wack & it just trickles down throughout the whole team
Originally posted by King49er:
get out, jesus christ

Agree Singletary is adjusting to the personal he has fine - he has had made the calls when he needed too - Look he made a bad choice of OC with Jimmy Raye and a bad evaluation in the QB spot (Hill should never have been the starter) but he is getting alot out of the current team - a team with an underachieving OL and an all but ignored DL over the last few years.

Offense is showing glimpses even with Raye - Alex made 4 really bad plays today ( the over throw on the screen that was nearly picked, Missing Bruce on the last drive and the INT, Also threw it behind bruce once though it did hit him in the hands) but he was good - The colts are a better team but we played with them and did get some confidence out of it.

Coach has us going in the right direction and he has shown the ability to change and adapt. 9-7 maybe 10-6 with a good chance at the playoffs and a team moving steadily up n- why on earth would we bring in someone else??

Now booting Scotty M from the GM spot - I could listen too...
My patience is wearing thin with Singletary. Sure, he didn't call the plays, but overall he needs to take responsibility for us not playing to our strengths. He's so stubborn with his, "...but we're still gonna run." BS

When he said last week that he was going to have to look at film, what film was he looking at? When he goes back to the film this week, what film is he going to be looking at. We all CLEARLY see what's working for this personnel and he's not forcing his hand with Raye. Ultimately, this falls on him, too.
And, forget this, "well, we were supposed to lose and kept it close." No way! We should have won. We had exactly one drive where we looked unstoppable and went right back to running so we could hold our 2 point lead against the Colts. Unbelievable.

I want winners. I want coaches that want to win.
  • tavo333
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Alex Smith did his job when he got the chance. It's hard when half your passes are from 3rd and 8... after we ran 2 running plays.
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

I agree with you. Singletary and Raye (Raye especially) just aren't intelligent people. They may have been around the game alot, but they just don't understand the game today. They consistently misuse timeouts, take too long to get the play called, and run a conservative/predictable game plan... Singletary was perfect for the role of assistant HC, as a motivator. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to win in this league, and his image/philosophy for the team is grossly outdated... Raye was Singleraty's hiring as he fits the Singletary image. If Raye needs to go, then so does Singletary.

This is simply an ignorant post.
No stop freaking out Singletary is the right coach...the defense played hard today and most of that is because of Singletary. Peyton didnt even have one touchdown today..not one..who would have believed that a week ago

what bothers me with Sing is that he doesnt get more frusturated when the offense isnt working...you cant be clapping when we go 3 & out...you gotta step on Jimmy Raye to get that offense rolling...you have to play like you wanna score every possesion and Raye and Sing are just being WAY too conservative

Put Alex in shotgun...spread the ball around to Crab, Morgan, VD and throw the ball down field...throw it to Gore on screens more cuz hes got great hands and is great in open space

If the offense was more aggresive we would have won that game....lets move on and beat up Tennessee at home
Guys did you really expect us to beat indy? I sure didn't we competed well and proud of our team unlike last week we played great.

I did. Call me a homer, and I know I am, but we held them to 18! "If the niners hold a team down to 17, they should win." Isn't that what everyone says? There was no excuse to lose this, and now everyone is high on moral victories like it's 2005 again.

Yea but we lack QB had a 50% completion percentage not gonna get it done with Indy and we were still in the game proud of the team. We need a QB!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

He had 4 bad throws that he really should have made - missing Bruce on the last drive was really bad - he has to get better this is his 2nd game back in the saddle against a good team - hopefully he continues to get better.

We have to Win this Chicago game and the TEN game for that matter - we do that we are in good shape.
We can still win games with Sing's philosophy we just need to exute the plays that are being called. Good game overall at least we didn't get blown out. Once we get the OL situated and get a rushing OLB we'll be in the playoffs. Alex looked good and should continue to get better. That bodes well for the future as we can concentrate on other things in the draft.

Of course we CAN win some games... but why settle for inferior coaching. Singletary (and his stupid conservative philosophy) belongs with a top 5 defense. It's much easier to change a coach than an entire team.

They passed the ball nearly three time more than they ran the ball!!!!

Uh, Alex was getting it done today. He was last week too. QB play was not the problem today. It was the play calling plain and simple.

Dude a 50% completion rate is getting it done? Against Indy? You got no chance of winning and that is a fact. I blame this on the players I saw alot of drops, overthrows, turnovers, etc.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

The future could have and should have been today. Are we turning into Browns fans or something?

We're a RT and a pass rushing OLB away from being contenders. Considering where we've been, I don't think that's too bad. Just a few tweeks here and there and we'll get there, but this season will be a season to see where we're at and then go full boar ahead after that.

I'm not saying we don't have those problems, but those were not the reasons why we lost today.

But, it is the reason why we lost. If we have the OL situated Alex has time and drives the team down for a winning touchdown. If the defense has an OLB that can put pressure on the ball Manning doesn't convert those 3rd downs and we get the ball ball. That's how I look at it. Still we're a good team that played an undefeated Manning led team at home tight. I'm personally, very excited about this team. As far as the playoffs, that time will come.

[ Edited by mayo63 on Nov 1, 2009 at 13:40:51 ]
Originally posted by Sugatis:

He had 4 bad throws that he really should have made - missing Bruce on the last drive was really bad - he has to get better this is his 2nd game back in the saddle against a good team - hopefully he continues to get better.

We have to Win this Chicago game and the TEN game for that matter - we do that we are in good shape.

4 bad throws didn't determine the game. Bruce missed two easy ones as well. Alex also moved the chains and scored when was given the chance. It's plays like handing the ball off to moran on 2nd and 7 that killed us.
Good coaches scheme and run a style to fit the players they have. With Alex, Crabtree, Davis, Gore, this team should be spreading the field. We do not have smash mouth players. You can't beat the Colts playing not to lose. There will be 5 all star coaches available in 2010 (if Fisher does in fact leave). Lets get a proven winner. Singletary was a nice story but its starting to look like a lot of smoke and mirrors. Bash me if you want but the NFL today is about teams that can throw the football.

If Singletary fails to realize that his team is suited towards the complete opposite of what he wants to impose, then I agree.
Originally posted by ttime1:

I agree with you. Singletary and Raye (Raye especially) just aren't intelligent people. They may have been around the game alot, but they just don't understand the game today. They consistently misuse timeouts, take too long to get the play called, and run a conservative/predictable game plan... Singletary was perfect for the role of assistant HC, as a motivator. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to win in this league, and his image/philosophy for the team is grossly outdated... Raye was Singleraty's hiring as he fits the Singletary image. If Raye needs to go, then so does Singletary.

This is simply an ignorant post.

How in any way is this ignorant?
Give us a break man.

The future could have and should have been today. Are we turning into Browns fans or something?

We're a RT and a pass rushing OLB away from being contenders. Considering where we've been, I don't think that's too bad. Just a few tweeks here and there and we'll get there, but this season will be a season to see where we're at and then go full boar ahead after that.

I'm not saying we don't have those problems, but those were not the reasons why we lost today.

But, it is the reason why we lost. If we have the OL situated Alex has time and drives the team done for a winning touchdown. If the defense has an OLB that can put pressure on the ball Manning doesn't convert those 3rd downs and we get the ball ball. That's how I look at it. Still we're a good team that played an undefeated Manning led team at home tight. I'm personally, very excited about this team. As far as the playoffs, that time will come.

Dude we lost by 4 points and had the lead 3/4 of the game. Singletary and Raye were just so gunho about pounding the ball when we had the lead that we let it slip away. Passing was working when we didn't have to. When they expected us too AFTER we fell behind, was when it all fell apart. This should have been a win today without a doubt.