LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
like i said

spencer is a better cover corner than nate.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Oh boy this scares me, Manning is lethal with the play-action and those double move routes they run. I hope brown does not take too many chances.

I think this is another reason Clements has been moved for this game, because he gets beat on alot of double moves which Manning is great at.
Tarell is probably puking his nervous guts out right about now
ABOUT TIME ROMAN OUT CLEMENTS IN
lol if Brown gets beat for a TD, this place is going to be calling for Singletary's head.

-9fA
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Tarell is probably puking his nervous guts out right about now

The dude has a National Championship and played at Texas. He has made the most of his playing time. He has 2 INTs with one NFL start. No way he is nervous. He was one of the biggest steals of the 07 draft. 2nd round talent picked in the 4th round. Hookem Horns.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132413&highlight=susweel

Lol, Clements is not on the way out, he's had some very good games, only bad game he had was against ATL, and a bad play or two against the Vikings.

This is more of a strategic move than anything else.

When you have to demoted your 80 million dollar CB as "defensive strategy" then that means there is serious problem.

Why? NFL = match ups.

Some guys just don't match up well against others. I'm glad our coaching staff is actually trying to put us in the best position to win.

Even if this doesn't work, I LIKE the reasoning/explanation. It means the team is thinking about X and Os and not interested in egos.

This is a good move by the coaching staff and Singletary. If they're trying to take Clark away, that's excellent strategy.

As I've said before with any decision the team makes - if it's logical move, even a smart calculated gamble, I'm totally on board with that but it just needs to be rooted in common sense. This obviously is.

Go Niners

Couldn't agree more. Sing continues to make changes. I like it!
This is an interesting change. I'll be real interested in seeing how it plays out. God knows it's going to be tested in a worse-case scenario up against the Colts.
Does this mean that Clements may have more energy for the PR situations?
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Does this mean that Clements may have more energy for the PR situations?

thats a good question and the answer is probably yes, although i would like to see what jones has got.

It's about time I've been saying since last year that Clements is done as a corner move him to safety he lost speed and coverage skills but can still hit.

80 million dollar man has failed as a shut down corner. Fire McClueless is next!

Good job Coach for figuring that out finally!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
like i said

i dont think so spencer allowed that big 50 yd pass to allow the FG at end of game clements held him for like only a couple catches and 20 yds
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
like i said

i dont think so spencer allowed that big 50 yd pass to allow the FG at end of game clements held him for like only a couple catches and 20 yds

Clements allowed Terrel Owens & Roddy White over 200 yards in one game should I say any more for a 80 million dollar man who states and has a website called lockdown22?

Safety is the only position for him it's sad to say but Terrell Brown over Clements? What a slap to the face lol!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
like i said

Clements allowed Terrel Owens & Roddy White over 200 yards in one game should I say any more for a 80 million dollar man who states and has a website called lockdown22?

Safety is the only position for him it's sad to say but Terrell Brown over Clements? What a slap to the face lol!

you in norwalk ca?
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
like i said

you in norwalk ca?

Yes Sir!
Share 49ersWebzone