There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

I think this is a good coaching move. We get our best coverage guys on the field at one time. I dont see this as a demotion but as a great matchup scheeme. I love the fact that Sing is not afraid to make changes. I would not be surprised to see off. changes as well that may include Bruce catchin some pine. He has already changed punt return and if Jones is back from injury we could see more of him . I would like to see Jason Hill as well.
Originally posted by Winners:
Ok, for everyone out here saying this is some sort of a defensive strategy, then why isn't our defensive strategy to put our best CB on their best WR? Yeah, Clark is good and all, but Wayne is way better, way more dangerous. If Brown is good enough to start why isn't he good enough to cover Clark???

I'm a total homer, but this and the Rossum cut really have me shaking my head. I even think Jimmy Raye is doing a good job and that we'll make the playoffs.

you should change your screen name whiner
Good move IMO. Clements is not good, maybe even bad, against quick, shify WR (see Roddy White). However, he is superb against big physical receivers (Fitz, Johnson, Boldin). Putting him on Clark might be our best bet.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Ok, for everyone out here saying this is some sort of a defensive strategy, then why isn't our defensive strategy to put our best CB on their best WR? Yeah, Clark is good and all, but Wayne is way better, way more dangerous. If Brown is good enough to start why isn't he good enough to cover Clark???

I'm a total homer, but this and the Rossum cut really have me shaking my head. I even think Jimmy Raye is doing a good job and that we'll make the playoffs.

Where did I whine once? I said I still think we're going to make the playoffs, I said I agree with most of what the team does, but that I'm "scratching my head over this". Maybe you should change your screen name to Dadouchebag.

Where did I whine once? I said I still think we're going to make the playoffs, I said I agree with most of what the team does, but that I'm "scratching my head over this". Maybe you should change your screen name to Dadouchebag.

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132413&highlight=susweel

Lol, Clements is not on the way out, he's had some very good games, only bad game he had was against ATL, and a bad play or two against the Vikings.

This is more of a strategic move than anything else.

When you have to demoted your 80 million dollar CB as "defensive strategy" then that means there is serious problem.
Wow, I was kinda surprised to see that! I guess if you think about it, this just might work out. Spencer will be covering Wayne, with Brown lined up over Garcon or Collie. Clark plays out of the slot alot, so we might see alot of Clements vs Clark. That is a good match-up for us IMO, but I guess we'll see.

Kinda strange how the season has unfolded for the DBs. Harris goes out on IR, Bly signs and has played very well considering what he's being paid. Spencer wins the starting job over Brown and Bly, and is quickly becoming our best CB. And now Brown gets to start over a healthy Clements........
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by Esco:
I think it would of been sweeter if we hadn't announced it the day before the game. You know let it be a suprise to Peyton.

I don't think Peyton gets surprised.

He probably suspected this move during halftime for his last game and prepared accordingly.

He can sense all defensive backs in the country. He knows what they think, what they eat for breakfast. He can smell their fear.

I heard that he already audibled a few plays for tomorrows game during the pre-season.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Esco:
I think it would of been sweeter if we hadn't announced it the day before the game. You know let it be a suprise to Peyton.

I don't think Peyton gets surprised.

He probably suspected this move during halftime for his last game and prepared accordingly.

He can sense all defensive backs in the country. He knows what they think, what they eat for breakfast. He can smell their fear.

I heard that he already audibled a few plays for tomorrows game during the pre-season.

Peyton Manning can see the future....
  • Pogity
  • Info N/A
Clements is on the way out. I called this as soon Brown was given the extension.

I called the Rossum release and now this. You people really need to start listening to what I say because it usually comes true. Im like the Nostradamus of the webzone. haha

Lol, Clements is not on the way out, he's had some very good games, only bad game he had was against ATL, and a bad play or two against the Vikings.

When you have to demoted your 80 million dollar CB as "defensive strategy" then that means there is serious problem.

I don't see this as a situational promotion. If both are going to be on the field most of time anyway - why would you eve make an announcement as to who's starting? Better to let the Colts figure out during the game that Nate is covering Dallas Clark than to tell them beforehand.

Other ideas -
Maybe Nate is hurt and Sing is hiding it?
Maybe Nate is going to return punts?
If Nate has flat-out been demoted - He would make a bad@ss safety (Lewis is a knock away from retirement) I don't think we should draft one next year.
This is great news... I was really worried about how we would cover Dallas Clark....this makes perfect sense.... I know some feel Wayne is more dangerous than Clark....but Clark just kills people out there trying to cover him....mainly LB and SS (Lewis and Roman would be getting burnt all day)

so with this strategy we put one of our best cover corners in Spencer to cover their best WR (also their tallest starting WR)...

Terell Brown against their quick small guys with Safety help most of the game...most likely Pierre will be sent on streaks anyway...so Safety help would make sense....and Terell can be more aggressive at the line.

then that leaves Nate vs Dallas Clark.... although Clark is a TE he moves like WR....and actually is not that big, compared to who we face last week in Owen Daniels.....so Nate wouldn't be in that big of a size disadvantage...... also this would allow us to blitz one of our Vets on certain downs...to surprise Payton....and Nate hits hard so maybe if he gets a couple of hard hits on Payton....then u know

this could work....hell, I should have thought of this strategy earlier myself... my brother has been killing me this week using 3WR 1TE sets with the Colts on Madden

Wow! All I can say is wow!

Yes, a serious problem indeed. When you make a guy the highest paid defensive player in the history of the game, you expect him to play every down, every game. If he doesn't match up as well as Brown, then Clements hasn't lived up to expectations as a stud CB.

I love Clements's physical style of play. I think he's had a couple of underachieving performances this year, mainly the Falcons game.

I am shocked by this turn of events. I would have been far less surprised if he started opposite Clements in place of Spencer, but this has me floored. Wow.

Oh well. I'd like to see Clements try some punt and kick returns if he's not gonna start.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I think this is a good coaching move. We get our best coverage guys on the field at one time. I dont see this as a demotion but as a great matchup scheeme. I love the fact that Sing is not afraid to make changes. I would not be surprised to see off. changes as well that may include Bruce catchin some pine. He has already changed punt return and if Jones is back from injury we could see more of him . I would like to see Jason Hill as well.

co-signed. I see no demotion here. Young guys finally get their shot, that it is football.

And I would hope by now nobody actually thinks of Nate as a shut down corner! He was marketed as such and never lived up, we have youth who COULD become a shutdown corner someday.

Nate to the inside. I like it.
Originally posted by Pogity:

I don't see this as a situational promotion. If both are going to be on the field most of time anyway - why would you eve make an announcement as to who's starting? Better to let the Colts figure out during the game that Nate is covering Dallas Clark than to tell them beforehand.

Other ideas -
Maybe Nate is hurt and Sing is hiding it?
Maybe Nate is going to return punts?
If Nate has flat-out been demoted - He would make a bad@ss safety (Lewis is a knock away from retirement) I don't think we should draft one next year.

I don't think he has been demoted permanently. I think Sing just feels that his physical style of play is not going to be as successful because the Colts receivers are smaller and quick. If he is going to be covering the TE then that would make sense since Clark is bigger and Clements can use his physical style against him better. Clements is a good tackler so I'm not worried about his matchup agianst Clark.

Nate does not appear hurt and is not going to be returning punts anytime soon on a regualr basis. We'll see what happens with him and his contract. the article said we would save $5 million against the cap by releasing him. If Brown is all he is cracked up to be and we don't move him to safety he just may walk next year.
I'm just more surprised we announced it.