LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
WOW, that's even more shocking than Spencer winning the RCB job at the start of the year.

The article does say that Clements will play the nickel and we'll probably use that formation most during the game (especially with Spikes possibly out), so I imagine Nate will play most of the game--but he hasn't played well and something like this was probably needed.

I hope this move turns out to be as wise as starting spencer...

I guarantee it is just for this game due to the fact no one on this team can cover TEs except Nate. He will be on Clark ALL DAY. If Sing benches Nate he is an idiot plain and simple

yeah, i could definitely see that, that its a more strategic move than a punishment for Nate. Also, playing the nickel maybe he'll be in better position to help against the run--kind of like another SS or LB?

I'm interested to see how this works and to see how Brown plays. The team has been high on him but I've never really noticed him.

Haha dude Im glad im not alone on that one. Whats the big deal with a 5th rounder

he was a stud at UT.
I don't care what anyone says about Big 12 defenses I watched that fool play his whole longhorn career and he played well. I have hope for him just like sing does.
HAH me and Sing are on the same page!
[ Edited by Dajanksta on Oct 31, 2009 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
WOW, that's even more shocking than Spencer winning the RCB job at the start of the year.

The article does say that Clements will play the nickel and we'll probably use that formation most during the game (especially with Spikes possibly out), so I imagine Nate will play most of the game--but he hasn't played well and something like this was probably needed.

are you kidding imo i think he is playing the best on our D next to smith and willis he shut down andre smith completely (that long pass was of spencer) he also shut down fitzgerald the only thing is he missed 2 plays on white i dont think he is doing a bad job at all they must have seen sometghing on tape which we obviously have not seen which is why the move was made

i'd say he's been inconsistent ever since he got here, but yeah, solid enough that a demotion was a big surprise (I'm not bashing him in anyway, BTW). Like I said, I was shocked by this, but the more we talk about it the more I see it as a strategy than a true demotion and that makes the most sense.

I guarantee it is just for this game due to the fact no one on this team can cover TEs except Nate. He will be on Clark ALL DAY. If Sing benches Nate he is an idiot plain and simple

Good call, I think that is what they will do, put Clements on Clark, Spencer on Wayne and T Brown on Garcione who is a smaller, quick receiver.
If anything this means Dre Bly is being benched and won't see much action?

Well Sing sure does mix s**t up a bit.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I dont like Bly im glad he wont see much time against Peyton
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

I'm sure he'll see a lot of time in this game with that offense.
Originally posted by jreff22:

randowm but w/e i like ur profile pic man
[ Edited by ninersrule4 on Oct 31, 2009 at 9:12 AM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:

lol peytom manning try to find some game tapes for this defensive personel
Originally posted by Esco:

damit ur right

So you think we will be going with 4 cornerbacks a lot? I think maybe some but not a lot.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame

So you think we will be going with 4 cornerbacks a lot? I think maybe some but not a lot.

Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Clark

Yeah I expect to play some Dime
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I have to agree to this. Its not like Nate played bad last Sunday that he deserved this, he held Andre Johnson pretty much in check.

agreed.
It has to be just for this game im sure. Like someone else said if they try to run it now nate is that much closer to make a play on the run. he our our best tackler i think in the secondary. so spikes out against the run and clements is in against the run.

Also, aren't we getting Michael Lewis back?? He also can up come to support the run with Willis and McKillop to help stop Addai. We are going to need all the creativity and help to stop this air attack. I don't care if we had Eric Berry and Ed Reed back there, I'd still be worried.

Depends on how R Smith is, I think if his groin is finally better he may see the field a bit.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
im xcared
Share 49ersWebzone