Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tarell Brown will start against Indy

Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
like i said

spencer is a better cover corner than nate.

i dont think so spencer allowed that big 50 yd pass to allow the FG at end of game clements held him for like only a couple catches and 20 yds

Clements allowed Terrel Owens & Roddy White over 200 yards in one game should I say any more for a 80 million dollar man who states and has a website called lockdown22?

Safety is the only position for him it's sad to say but Terrell Brown over Clements? What a slap to the face lol!

you in norwalk ca?

Yes Sir!
like i said

i dont think so spencer allowed that big 50 yd pass to allow the FG at end of game clements held him for like only a couple catches and 20 yds

Clements allowed Terrel Owens & Roddy White over 200 yards in one game should I say any more for a 80 million dollar man who states and has a website called lockdown22?

Safety is the only position for him it's sad to say but Terrell Brown over Clements? What a slap to the face lol!

you in norwalk ca?

Yes Sir!

I`m right next door in Downey!
This is a good move. Nate will help a lot on run support and blitz packages. The 49ers are attempting to put Peyton Manning on his a$$. Not to mention blanket Dallas Clark.
like i said

you in norwalk ca?

Yes Sir!

Glad to hear another 49ers fan in Southern California.

What do you think of the Clements benching?

6 million is a lot to pay a safety who has never played the position. If the guy who you spent top money on to be a shutdown corner can't do the job, then it becomes a financial issue. The only way the move him to safety is if they re-do his contract.

It's #1 corner or release for clements with his present contract.
Originally posted by Spoonerism:
This is a good move. Nate will help a lot on run support and blitz packages. The 49ers are attempting to put Peyton Manning on his a$$. Not to mention blanket Dallas Clark.

this. Some just have no idea how important that slot area is foe Manning.
Originally posted by Joecool:

You guys are missing the point in this issue. After all, the Broncos, Raiders, and Jets don't bench Champ Bailey, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Darrelle Revis because of matchup issues. The best cornerbacks play on a no-matter-what basis. Clements will still see the field against the Colts' multi-receiver sets, but he's now a very expensive reserve.
like i said

you in norwalk ca?

Yes Sir!

Glad to hear another 49ers fan in Southern California.

6 million is a lot to pay a safety who has never played the position. If the guy who you spent top money on to be a shutdown corner can't do the job, then it becomes a financial issue. The only way the move him to safety is if they re-do his contract.

It's #1 corner or release for clements with his present contract.

6 million is a lot, but compared to the new contracts its really not that bad. If we cut him he can save us 1 mill next year though. I think that you have to say that Nate gives up way to many big plays. For the money he is getting paid he shouldnt get burned as much as he does. But he is a competitor and he plays all out. He is vocal and a leader in the locker room.

I dont mind paying him 6 mill next year. If he can play center field and shut down these deep passes that keep killing us week in and week out. The explosive play has been a problem for us for sometime now. If Nate can stop that, I say put him back there and let him play center field.

You guys are missing the point in this issue. After all, the Broncos, Raiders, and Jets don't bench Champ Bailey, Nnamdi Asomugha, and Darrelle Revis because of matchup issues. The best cornerbacks play on a no-matter-what basis. Clements will still see the field against the Colts' multi-receiver sets, but he's now a very expensive reserve.

Let's see if Brown starts again next week before we call Clements a reserve or whether this is just for strategy. I think it's just strategy
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
I bet it is strategic plan more than a demotion or that would be stupid Nate has played well this year give or take what 3 plays? I think that Nate will cover Dallas Clark (IMO best TE in the NFL) because we have no one competent enough to cover the TEs

He could not cover Owen Daniels, why would he be able to cover Dallas Clark?

Dude, Clements no longer belongs on that list.

Clements is more 5-10 CB rather than top 5. He's getting a little older in age and he's a big CB -- he never was a burner.

People are way overreacting to this one-time move. He's not a reserve. He'll be playing quite a bit. It's not as if he's only going to be coming in on dime packages.

-9fA

Quote:

There's nothing to think about, because he is not being benched.
Originally posted by teeohh:

Let's see if Brown starts again next week before we call Clements a reserve or whether this is just for strategy. I think it's just strategy

He will start next week and strategic move I doubt it's a terrible signing by McClueless. I never thought he was any good and shutdown corner? year right.
Not hardly. In his first year with the 49ers, Clements gave up 7.7 yards per pass play (stats courtesy Football Outsiders), which ranked 36th among NFL cornerbacks. In 2008, that YPP jumped up to 9.6, which ranked 75th.

It hasn't been any better in 2009. Through Week 7, San Francisco ranks 29th in Pass Defense DVOA against #1 receivers, the kind Clements usually covers. These top receivers have gained 7.8 yards per play and 91.4 yards per game (that stat is the highest in the NFL), and putting those potential defensive deficits against a Colts offense that could tear up any opponent in the league is just too risky.

I believe Clements days as a corner are over he's been benched a slap to the face don't you think? How would you like to be treated like that at work? I wouldn't feel all too happy about the situation.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
I bet it is strategic plan more than a demotion or that would be stupid Nate has played well this year give or take what 3 plays? I think that Nate will cover Dallas Clark (IMO best TE in the NFL) because we have no one competent enough to cover the TEs

This!
WOW! I'm shocked but I'm not. I knew the coaching staff really liked T Brown but thats alot of money to come off the bench. If this continues, there's no way Nate can come back at the high salary he's pulling in.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:

This!

Because he gave up a 7 yard pass to Daniels, all of a sudden he couldn't cover him?

-9fA