There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A key 49er statistic........

Sack differential. It’s the number of sacks a team’s defense gets minus the number of sacks its offense gives up. It’s often said that games are won and lost in the trenches, and today, I’m going to show you why that’s true and why the maxim also applies to the world of fantasy football.

Link
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM ]
Good info!
It would be funny/scary? if the sack differentials for the teams that played in January in the past couple of years were the highest among the other NFL teams.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
Just out luck.

Mannings all time w-l record when throwing interceptions

Manning interceptions
None: 62-11
1 INT: 48-16
2 INT: 13-21
3 or more INT: 0-11

What's the bet that we pick 4 and still lose. uggh.

But I do like this stat.
In starts with 95+ rating, Smith’s teams are 5-0

Go Alex
  • Chico
  • Veteran
There's so many intangibles when looking at stats. This is good information but how much of it is because Hill held on to the ball too long?

I think our O-line will look better with Alex starting because he has a quicker release and can scramble instead of giving up the sack.

Maybe it will make our D-line look better too because they won't be on the field so much and start getting tired by the 2nd Qtr?
Originally posted by Chico:
There's so many intangibles when looking at stats. This is good information but how much of it is because Hill held on to the ball too long?

I think our O-line will look better with Alex starting because he has a quicker release and can scramble instead of giving up the sack.

Maybe it will make our D-line look better too because they won't be on the field so much and start getting tired by the 2nd Qtr?

Agree on both,especially on defense where they should play much better when well rested.
Those 3 and outs were killing them.

It's not 100% but more often than not the higher the differential the better the record. It applies in our case.

I thought this was one of Alex's negatives
Originally posted by Conejo:

I thought this was one of Alex's negatives

why would having a quick release ever be a bad thing?? getting rid of the ball too early maybe, but thats a totally different thing. a quick release is good. tom brady has a very quick release. it gives the opposing D less time to get your arm before you get it out.
A good article.