LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Ideas on improving the offensive line

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Ideas on improving the offensive line

Discuss.
Hire Jesse Sopolu as our OL coach!
You can only do so much during the season. I expect big changes to happen in the off season though.

But now? I can only think of small not-good-enough solutions:

-Shuffle in some OL players from the bench, practice squad, etc
-Call plays to mask OL woes. (draws, screens, quick passes)
-Leave Gore/VD in to block but that's dumb to keep our playmakers in to to that
[ Edited by FourNine49 on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM ]
Our problem with OL is that we don't have the players to become a power running team. We need more beef and skills in the OL.
Where is the fire Scot for not getting better linemen in the draft, free agency or trade option.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Oct 30, 2009 at 2:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Where is the fire Scot for not getting better linemen in the draft, free agency or trade option.

I did post that thread earlier in the week but I agree that should be an option as well. Only a few players have developed well but the rest are sub par.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Our problem with OL is that we don't have the players to become a power running team. We need more beef and skills in the OL.

Our guys can pass block well one on one but have big issues with scheme, and our run blocking lacks explosiveness, this combined with poor pad level make it had to run the ball, I put all of that on coaching!
Start all over. Players coaches and scheme.
create a time machine and bring bobb mckittrick to the future

Originally posted by backontop:
create a time machine and bring bobb mckittrick to the future

Bringing back Pat Morris would due
  • Nyner

Actually what we need is to get away from that ridiculous notion that you shove the ball down someones throat. Can't be done in the NFL even i know that. Lets put the ball in the air on first down and see what happens. The line will be fine if given the chance to succeed.
Originally posted by Nyner:

Actually what we need is to get away from that ridiculous notion that you shove the ball down someones throat. Can't be done in the NFL even i know that. Lets put the ball in the air on first down and see what happens. The line will be fine if given the chance to succeed.

Your completely wrong

It can be done. The Giants are using that style very effectively.
  • Nyner
Originally posted by JeuSF49:

It can be done. The Giants are using that style very effectively.

Yeah....I've been impressed with them the last couple of games......
Share 49ersWebzone