There are 262 users in the forums

One Thing About A. Smiths Game Last Week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
is there gonna be a mass suicide if the niners get smashed?

We all expect the colts to win. If alex shows up we win. There's things manning does that i hope alex can reach.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 31, 2009 at 2:00 PM ]
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
is there gonna be a mass suicide if the niners get smashed?

We all expect the colts to win. If alex shows up we win. There's things manning does that i hope alex can reach.

The game isn't only if Alex has a good game. Niners have to play exceptional defense and special teams to pull out a victory
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Sing and Raye (Singing in the rain?) Said e would be a team that ran the ball even when every knew we were going to run the ball, and our big star Frank Gore, could'd do it. No knock on Gore I love the guy but it really takes a special guy to come through when every one knows what you are doing.

Enter the much maligned A. Smith, we were down 21 every one knew we had to throw the ball. I knew it you knew it Houston's defense defiantly knew it, and yet A. Smith got it done!

I have been critical of Smith, and Hill for that matter, but the more I think about last sunday the more I realize what a truly special moment that second half was. I hope we can see many more such special moments from A. Smith.

So the one thing about A. Smith from last week is this, He did what Frank Gore has not been able to do all season. Smith put the team on his back and threw when everyone knew he would, hats off to him!

Originally posted by mississippi_sam:
We've always read that when he gets comfortable in a system, that he excels, but until then struggles. I believe the more simplistic Raye offense gives him the best opportunity of his career to do just that.

I am optimistic that he will succeed in Jimmy Raye's "simple" system. Not that any pro offense is simple, but this one has to be the least complex of all the ones that have been installed since Smith was drafted.

The weapons are so much better now than Smith's first go-around. Crabtree is going to be something special and I think we are going to see further sign of that tomorrow.
Not to be a downer, but the ONE thing from that game was; after he rang up 21 points he LOST the game with 55 seconds to go on an INT. They were at the 38yrd line and two more plays would have put them in Nedney's range.

With all the hoorahh about the half that Smith played people seem to be forgetting this IMPORTANT fact.

MS is benching Clements, wow one thing I really have to give it to the coach, he surely aint afraid to make changes. Love that..

NINERS!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Not to be a downer, but the ONE thing from that game was; after he rang up 21 points he LOST the game with 55 seconds to go on an INT. They were at the 38yrd line and two more plays would have put them in Nedney's range.

With all the hoorahh about the half that Smith played people seem to be forgetting this IMPORTANT fact.

MS is benching Clements, wow one thing I really have to give it to the coach, he surely aint afraid to make changes. Love that..

NINERS!!!!!!!!

Did you even see the DT falling into his legs when he threw that pick? What everyone is excited about is that for the very first time this year, the wideouts were involved heavily in the game. The important fact is that the offense was moving the ball and that helped the defense play better. The team got better when Smith was brought in. We get it you are not a Smith fan, but he didn't lose that game for us, he came in and came very close to pulling it out for us. Even if you are not a believer you have to admit that this was the best the offense looked all year.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

NINERS!!!!!!!!

Did you even see the DT falling into his legs when he threw that pick? What everyone is excited about is that for the very first time this year, the wideouts were involved heavily in the game. The important fact is that the offense was moving the ball and that helped the defense play better. The team got better when Smith was brought in. We get it you are not a Smith fan, but he didn't lose that game for us, he came in and came very close to pulling it out for us. Even if you are not a believer you have to admit that this was the best the offense looked all year.

I think some here have fallen in love with the notion of "Alex Leaf." Of course, they had to develop a revisionist history to promote it. What can you say to someone who says Smith "lost" that game?
Share 49ersWebzone