There are 157 users in the forums

Should I wear my #11 on Sunday???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by carl:
Originally posted by valrod33:
if you wear it this week and we lose, its all on you man

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.

What we witnessed last week is the beginning of something new and exciting

WEAR IT

Go Niners!!
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I feel you man, I'll admit, I have a smith jersey that hasn't seen the sunlight in years. NOTE TO SELF and OTHERS: never buy a rookies jersey anymore! they may turn out great, but they may be a bust.

That's how I do it

Big Smith supporter but haven't bought his jersey yet but I did buy Patrick Willis's towards the end of his rookie year because you can tell he was going be something special.
Originally posted by billybonka:
people still have alex smith jerseys

Do you still have JTO and Shaun Hill jerseys???

Originally posted by Super5:

Do you still have JTO and Shaun Hill jerseys???

oh he has the jerseys in little JTO and Hill shrines
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoeO321:
how do u west coast guys wake up in time for the 10 oclock games?... that would suck

This is my Sunday morning and I would have it no other way:

6:00 AM Take dogs out potty.
6:15 AM Starbucks and Dunken Donuts run with my two boys
6:45 AM NFL Network pre-game and set up laptop by TV
8:00 AM ESPN pre-game
10:00 AM Football
1:00 PM Football
5:30 PM Football
9:00 PM Reintroduce myself to wife

Of course, I moved to AZ about 5 years ago where daylight savings isn't used. So starting this weekend, all times are shifted up an hour... well, except for the 6 AM thing. Gotta say, I like the night games starting a little later. I'm not so rushed getting out of the office on Mondays.
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Super5:

I can't handle that kinda pressure. It stays in the closet.

What we witnessed last week is the beginning of something new and exciting

WEAR IT

Go Niners!!

Okay! I wasn't going to wear it until I read your post. I'll scrounge it up and wear it Sunday!!!

I too saw a different Alex out there. Let's hope our #1 finally shows up.
I think too many fans expected too much from a 20 year old fresh from an Urban Meyer spread system. Come to think of it, maybe our illustrious former head coach did as well. Maybe that explains why some are so bitter and cynical about him.
Originally posted by JoeO321:
I'm torn too, I have been rockin my alex smith jersey for the past few years now (I know, I have been needing an upgrade) but my crabtree jersey just came in monday and it will be my first chance to rock it... obviously it has to be the same day as alex's first start in 2 years... i was pretty proud to rock the jersey last week as he did good... what do i do?.... i think i gotta go with the new jersey since its this years style and crabtree looks like hes gonna be real good.... what do i do????

cut the Smith jersey and Crabtree jersey in half and sew them together so you will be wearing both.

Problem solved

crude but effective.
When Smith was drafted by the 49ers, my brother-in-law bought me a #11 jersey as a gift. I'm thinking it was out of revenge for me constantly asking him when he was going to replace his New England Bledsoe jersey. As you may recall, NE got a new QB starting for them around that time.

Well, I've thrown my #11 jersey in the closet with my #81 jersey thinking that I'll just wear my #16 forever instead of buying jerseys of current players that I just can't stomach wearing after one season.

Is it bad luck to wear it? I just don't know if I can show Smith support yet. Sure he looked good against the Texan's last week. But we were down 21 points in the second half, Smith always looks good when we've already lost in the second half. But he also finally looked good getting the ball out quickly, reading progressions and throwing some short nearly accurate passes... I'm just not sure I believe the hype yet.

I think #11 will stay in my closet at least another week.

Thoughts?

Yeah man it will be the 2nd coming of your Alex Smith jersey hopefully when the game ends you will want to wear it all day and be proud of Alex's performance and not want to burn it and cry about our QB situation.

• NickV
  • Veteran
If I had a A.Smith jersey I would wear it on sunday.
Sport it!!!!! i would!
GO NINERS!!!!
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Why Not ?

I have a Silk Screen "Gabe Wilkins Jersey" (a gift from my aunt, she bought it on a trip to SF many moons ago, she knows zero about football and was just trying to be nice)

I only wear it around around the house from time to time, or when my aunt stops over ....it's still in pretty good shape, all I need now is an "Antonio Langham Jersey"

Billy's just scared his years of relentless Smith-bashing are about to come back to haunt him...though this weekend I doubt Smith takes down the Colts.
I know I won't wear mine. I don't want it to be bad luck.
  • Griz
  • Veteran
My Number 16 has been hanging in my closet for years... been a Niner fan for almost 50 years. Everyone always says, they always play as good as I believe. Go Smith!!!
We will see how the first half go's. I have always been a good smith fan. I was at my son running event at the summit. When smith got drafted I was on the phone with my Dad. My dad told me we drafted Smith. I was so glad...... I know there is a lot of smith hater, but give the kid a chance. Or should I say a young man now. I just want the Niners to win. It has been a long time sense the catch. Montana to Clark..........................................
I still have the picture in my shop from the news paper when Clark catches it. Front Page SF Cron. It's in a glass frame. 24 inch X 36 inch. The Greatest game I ever seen. Better than any Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone