There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brian Billick comments on Alex and the system.

Originally posted by prometheus:
Starting to read more and more that Singletary is butting up against his ceiling. He may think he is the greatest but many consider him bone instead of head. I think he is on the cusp of stinking it up if he does not use more intelligense on his playcalling etc. He is not as bright as he might want to be but he has to realize he needs top brains around him and to use them. I think if he shows that he is not capable of being a good coach, I think we need to cut him asap. To linger with a loser is to die forever.

He doesn't call plays. I doubt he thinks he is the greatest, he seems like a humble individual. I am not sure what you are basing your assumptions on, but I would suggest you might want to rethink where your headed with them.
Starting to read more and more that Singletary is butting up against his ceiling. He may think he is the greatest but many consider him bone instead of head. I think he is on the cusp of stinking it up if he does not use more intelligense on his playcalling etc. He is not as bright as he might want to be but he has to realize he needs top brains around him and to use them. I think if he shows that he is not capable of being a good coach, I think we need to cut him asap. To linger with a loser is to die forever.

Do you write slogans for commercials or Hallmark greeting cards?

OK, who untied prometheus? Thanks for the fire but is it really time to judge Singletary?
Well, at the beginning of the year, I think they were thinking the OL would be solid and the defense had a chance to be pretty good if they could get some turnovers. So, Sing thought if they could burn some clock and not make mistakes, the team would have a chance to win some ballgames. Hill, while not winning games for you, would not turn the ball over and lose games.

Now, it's apparent that the OL cannot protect the QB and if teams loaded up consistently with 8 men in the box, that even Gore could not carry the offense. So Alex is better able to avoid the rush and try to make some plays downfield. It helps that Davis has really begun to blossom and that Crabtree shows some promise (even though Morgan hasn't stood out).