There are 174 users in the forums

New qb same offense...I don't get Jimmy raye

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
So it appears as if the niners are going to keep the same approach on offense...so much for spreading it out!!! How long will it take until they figure out that the smash mouth running game isint working for them!
Originally posted by mando1988:
So it appears as if the niners are going to keep the same approach on offense...so much for spreading it out!!! How long will it take until they figure out that the smash mouth running game isint working for them!

Supposedly, the offense we ran in the 2nd half was no different. Same offense, just different formations that weren't run very often with Hill.
He's BS'ing to not give anything away, IMO...

Hopefully.

[ Edited by Method on Oct 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM ]

well it was the same offense in the second half, but smith just made big throws...
and to top it off, he'll probably be back next year (ending our OC streak).
  • mando1988
  • Info N/A
Here's the link sorry I'm newbat this http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2009/10/crabtree-finall.html?mi_rss=49ers%20Blog%20and%20Q%26A

but I sure do hope he's just bulls&@@ing
All I know is that in the second half of last week's game we threw the ball down the field a lot more. I have a VERY hard time believing that Raye called the same plays with Smith in the game the second half. I wonder if Sing and Raye live in the same world that the rest of us. They spend the first third of the season pounding Gore and Coffee between the tackles earning us what? We rank almost last in rushing in the NFL. Smith gets his chance and puts the ball down the field for an almost come from behind victory and now Raye says nothing is changing? If we run the same offense that we ran with Hill, then Raye needs to coach at a retirement home and Sing needs to be the guy who empties the bed pans

It just looked like a different offense because Smith was able to get the ball to the WR's
Originally posted by backontop:

It just looked like a different offense because Smith was able to get the ball to the WR's
If that's so, why wasn't Hill benched a long time ago?
probably just posturing...and technically it is the same offense. just might open more plays in the offense.

people take things too seriously sometimes....

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stevenking57:

Because we were winning. Now we're not, so it's pointless having the least talented QB we have on our roster playing.
FOOTBALL IS A GAME OF DECEPTION.

OF COURSE WE WILL RUN IT DIFFERENTLY, BUT WE WON'T SAY IT.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Those fans expecting a more wide open attack against Indianapolis, might be disappointed. When Jimmy Raye stepped to the microphone today, I asked him if his offense would change with Smith under center. "None," was Raye's response. Tim Kawakami followed with, "Are you serious? Do you mean that quarterbacks of differing talents don't change the offense at all?" Raye: "No."

LOL. Rachal still starting. We're going to run the same offense.

Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I you don't change anything IF you are a true believer. Pass me the Koolaide Rev. Jones..
[ Edited by stevenking57 on Oct 29, 2009 at 2:06 PM ]
Originally posted by stevenking57:

oh boy....because hill showed he could win games and thats what mattered. now, with the run game stagnant, hill's weaknesses are being exploited and hes no longer winning games.
Raye installed an offense that did not fit Hill's talents. Raye's offense fits what Smith can do. It is ridiculous at the NFL level not to install an offense to fit your talent, but now that Smith is starting, our game plan is a much better fit to our talent.
Share 49ersWebzone