There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why all the hate for Coach Sing? It's as if he reads the zone...hmm...

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player[/video]

Like an MMA fighter, Sing is the evolved form of a coach.

He's a player who has been there.

You can see the difference at 1:13 between a coach, and a coach who has been there.

Coach Sing isn't the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player
Originally posted by Giant9er:
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player[/video]

Like an MMA fighter, Sing is the evolved form of a coach.

He's a player who has been there.

You can see the difference at 1:13 between a coach, and a coach who has been there.

Coach Sing isn't the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player
[video]http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132469&page=3[/video]
Thanks man
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
I do not understand the problem some people are having with the "pep" talk TO.
In 6 games he used 2 of 36 available TOs for a pep talk.
With a 50% success rate.

It's true, where was all the hate for the "pep talk TO" after the "Zona game?

Oh right, there was none...
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Singletary hired Eddie Munster as coordinator, he hired Forrester, and he neglected to bring in a healthy RT this offseason despite knowing that it was our biggest need.

He's not without blame here.

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk.

Well, you can blame Mooch for inheriting a great team and eventually losing control of it - sowing the seeds for what we have been seeing the last few years.

Erickson sucked - didn't help the team.

Nolan sucked - didn't help the team.

Singletary is guilty of inexperience. One thing about him that I like - he wants to win and he has no problem pulling the trigger to get there, as we have seen.

I'm just waiting for the "Bring back Nolan threads" with the argumentation that he's done wonders with Dever.

Oh God please no......
Anyone catch coach Singletary in the new Motorola commercial. It was pretty cool, there were a bunch of 9ers running down a hill and coach was yelling at them.
Nolan is a great coordinator and I think would have been a better GM. His coaching stint was ineffective but we have all the tools now to be a contender. When Nolan came in this organization was the worst in the league. I remember getting excited if the 49ers even got a first down.

Sing has been a good coach so far in this respect: he has shown the ability to adapt and change. He is learning and rolling with the punches and that is what great coaches do. I think he is going to be a great coach but this team just doesn't have an identity yet.

Ref- ''You want a timeout , Alex? Just say it.''

Smithers-(Looks intensely at the Umpire)'' No...........I don't need it.'' (Techno music plays................flags fly)

Originally posted by DownSouth:
Why the hate on Sing? If he's the HC, he's going to be criticized for decisions he makes. It comes with the territory. The good and the bad.

GOOD
--Smith over Hill. Hill looked like his confidence was shaken and the offense was dead.
--Crabtree starting. That worked out pretty well. Raye's offense must be simpler than most of us thought for a WR to walk in off the street and have a good game.

BAD
--Hill over Smith against the Falcons. We knew what Hill was by the 3rd game of the season. He wasn't getting any better. In fact he was getting worse as time wore on.
--Rossum v. Battle. Battle has muffed 3 punts in as many games. At least Rossum caught the ball, yet he was cut. Since Battle has been worse than Rossum, shouldn't he be cut next?
--Rachal continuing to play. How badly does he have to play before he's benched? Does the Qb have to be injured? How many tackles for loss or busted plays or sacks will it take?
--Wragge, why isn't he playing? Considering how bad our OGs have been, he can't get a single snap.

He's gonna take the heat for the bad decisions and get a lot of the credit for the good decisions b/c he's the HC.

Okay I think the Crabtree move was a fluke. In fact he didn't have ANY impact in the 1st half. He had that ONE catch for a 1st down that by rights would not have been caught by most Receivers so I guess he had SOME impact but Hill lacking chemistry with Crabs kept forcing it to him and just about stopped looking at the other Receivers. We've seen this before. He did it with Bruce. In any case we didn't get points that entire 1st half. If Crabs was that big of an impact Hill should have gotten SOMETHING on the board. Even 3 pts.

I think that Smith is more of the reason that we won that half than Crabtree. Morgan had a good game other than the penalty that negated a Crabtree reception. I think that Smith could have done this even without Crabs on the field. Not nitpicking Crabs, just pointing out that it was a lucky move, and neither good nor bad. Sometimes luck is what the doctor ordered.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 30, 2009 at 4:17 AM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Mex49:
How about having two weeks to f**king prepare for the Texans after an ass beating from Atlanta and your team gives up 21 points before halftime.

Nobody gets a pass for that.

Hill should have been pulled in Atlanta, giving smith an additional two weeks , and crabtree should have also seen some snaps. As we have witnessed, he really is a stud and could have contributed as did Braylon Edwards did in NY after just days of being traded and learning a new system

You think Crabtree shoulda played against Atlanta????

I agree, Crabtree's gonna be a stud and he did a great job against Houston, but really . . . You do remember that Braylon Edwards is a veteran player who long ago adjusted to the speed of the NFL. Comparing Crabtree to him is a bit premature, don't you think?

Just how was Singletary supposed to prepare Battle for catching a punt like the one he dropped, when it was coming out of the sun and moving sideways on him? Tough catch for anyone. "Home field advantage" I believe its called.

I recall when you were as dedicated as anyone in defending the Niners coaches and front office. Now they've got a guy at HC that the players are all willing to listen to and follow, and you want to fire him midseason? Perhaps a bit more patience is in order?

And remember--Nolan threw A. Smith to the wolves. Who can blame Singletary for going a bit more slowly with (re) introducing Smith to the starting lineup? My take is that Singletary was as much interested in handling the resurrected QB carefully as he was in giving Hill a shot to keep the position that he played so well last year. Seems like an intelligent, patient way to handle things; not a kneejerk reaction, but a planned out approach.

Again, I think you need to show a bit more patience with Singletary. I'm not saying ignore his mistakes, but wait to see how he addresses them before you start calling for his head. JMHO.

Crabtree wasn't even eligible to play against Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by Mex49:
How about having two weeks to f**king prepare for the Texans after an ass beating from Atlanta and your team gives up 21 points before halftime.

Nobody gets a pass for that.

Hill should have been pulled in Atlanta, giving smith an additional two weeks , and crabtree should have also seen some snaps. As we have witnessed, he really is a stud and could have contributed as did Braylon Edwards did in NY after just days of being traded and learning a new system

You think Crabtree shoulda played against Atlanta????

I agree, Crabtree's gonna be a stud and he did a great job against Houston, but really . . . You do remember that Braylon Edwards is a veteran player who long ago adjusted to the speed of the NFL. Comparing Crabtree to him is a bit premature, don't you think?

Just how was Singletary supposed to prepare Battle for catching a punt like the one he dropped, when it was coming out of the sun and moving sideways on him? Tough catch for anyone. "Home field advantage" I believe its called.

I recall when you were as dedicated as anyone in defending the Niners coaches and front office. Now they've got a guy at HC that the players are all willing to listen to and follow, and you want to fire him midseason? Perhaps a bit more patience is in order?

And remember--Nolan threw A. Smith to the wolves. Who can blame Singletary for going a bit more slowly with (re) introducing Smith to the starting lineup? My take is that Singletary was as much interested in handling the resurrected QB carefully as he was in giving Hill a shot to keep the position that he played so well last year. Seems like an intelligent, patient way to handle things; not a kneejerk reaction, but a planned out approach.

Again, I think you need to show a bit more patience with Singletary. I'm not saying ignore his mistakes, but wait to see how he addresses them before you start calling for his head. JMHO.

Crabtree wasn't even eligible to play against Atlanta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhh ,I wanted to see how long it would take before he realized that.

~Ceadder
Starks for president!
Originally posted by 49erFan:
I do not understand the problem some people are having with the "pep" talk TO.
In 6 games he used 2 of 36 available TOs for a pep talk.
With a 50% success rate.

It's true, where was all the hate for the "pep talk TO" after the "Zona game?

Oh right, there was none...

Well I'll tell ya. When we lost(or won) my HS coach would have a speech for us at half time. Which is all well and good. But after awhile it was something that could receive tha deaf ear treatment.

The fact is that Sing is at the Pro level of things and I imagine that eventually players will STOP listening to him if they see the same results over and over and over an over an over. Sing is going to have to decide for himself if it's a time for a pep talk(imho that's best saved for the locker room) or time to break his foot off in someone's @$$. Which is the team more likely to respond to. Look at Coughlin. People think that he's too much of a disciplinarian. But the Giants seem to have responded to that.

I don't know if you listened to Steve on Razor and T but he pretty much stated that. But he also stated that our Staff have to set a tone toward their own identity and get away from the losing mentality. I concur 100%.

~Ceadder