LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Why all the hate for Coach Sing? It's as if he reads the zone...hmm...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I don't want to go off on a rant here, but,
Here at the zone, there were complaints that he wouldn't bench Hill.(SEE locked threads)

He friggin put in Smith right away. I ,like a moron,would have kept in Hill for the whole game until Hill felt the full force of fail.

Zoners , and even media said that,''It's a bad idea to throw in Crabtree into the wolves like that so soon . Rest him for a year.''
The fact that we have Crabs for SIX YEARS and we get to put him in as a legit WR right away, is ....uncanny and extremely awesome. Sing definitely gets props from me for that , for sticking his neck totally out for Crabs.

Zoners were saying that Rossum fell off, so the niners just flat out gave him the pinks slip.

Complaints about the Singletary defensive timeouts were rampant , so he stopped calling t.o.'s......for now. I think they are effective (Especially if you're Alex Smith , who is so cool, he can attempt fourth downs with 5 extra yards of delay of game goodness )

Ref- ''You want a timeout , Alex? Just say it.''

Smithers-(Looks intensely at the Umpire)'' No...........I don't need it.'' (Techno music plays................flags fly)

My point is this; Singletary is doing a heck of a job, so haters should back off. He's not the problem. The problem is the Oline hell we face every year. It's the underlying problem.With a crappy oline, mainly Sims, we get three and outs, which tire out our defense. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Here at the zone, there were complaints that he wouldn't bench Hill.(SEE locked threads)

He friggin put in Smith right away. I ,like a moron,would have kept in Hill for the whole game until Hill felt the full force of fail.

Zoners , and even media said that,''It's a bad idea to throw in Crabtree into the wolves like that so soon . Rest him for a year.''
The fact that we have Crabs for SIX YEARS and we get to put him in as a legit WR right away, is ....uncanny and extremely awesome. Sing definitely gets props from me for that , for sticking his neck totally out for Crabs.

Zoners were saying that Rossum fell off, so the niners just flat out gave him the pinks slip.

Complaints about the Singletary defensive timeouts were rampant , so he stopped calling t.o.'s......for now. I think they are effective (Especially if you're Alex Smith , who is so cool, he can attempt fourth downs with 5 extra yards of delay of game goodness )

Smithers-(Looks intensely at the Umpire)'' No...........I don't need it.'' (Techno music plays................flags fly)

My point is this; Singletary is doing a heck of a job, so haters should back off. He's not the problem. The problem is the Oline hell we face every year. It's the underlying problem.With a crappy oline, mainly Sims, we get three and outs, which tire out our defense. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Dude WTF ? are you talking about . I am a Hill suporter and i agree with Sing to bench old noodle arm. I love sing but somtime he doese s**t the make you go Huh like keeping chilo in as starter at RG but other than that he saw Hill can't do s**t and moved on , not waiting to the end of time like NowinNolan !
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Singletary hired Eddie Munster as coordinator, he hired Forrester, and he neglected to bring in a healthy RT this offseason despite knowing that it was our biggest need.

He's not without blame here.

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk.

How did he neglect bringing in a healthy RT? He doesn't make those kind of roster moves McCloughan does.

I won't say he's perfect but overall he's done a pretty good job and I feel the team is heading into the right direction. I know everyone has a get it done now mentality but transforming the team wasn't going to happen overnight.

If we miss out on the playoffs next season than I would say it would be a good time to start the conversation about maybe getting a new head coach but for a guy as a first year first time head coach I've been pretty happy with what he's shown so far.
  • Mex49
How about having two weeks to f**king prepare for the Texans after an ass beating from Atlanta and your team gives up 21 points before halftime.

Nobody gets a pass for that.

Hill should have been pulled in Atlanta, giving smith an additional two weeks , and crabtree should have also seen some snaps. As we have witnessed, he really is a stud and could have contributed as did Braylon Edwards did in NY after just days of being traded and learning a new system
Originally posted by cNiner:

Dude WTF ? are you talking about . I am a Hill suporter and i agree with Sing to bench old noodle arm. I love sing but somtime he doese s**t the make you go Huh like keeping chilo in as starter at RG but other than that he saw Hill can't do s**t and moved on , not waiting to the end of time like NowinNolan !

Well, things don't always go as planned i.e. Marvel Smith

Chilo is a rookie and drafted for need. He is sucking ass but again, is a rookie.

Everyone said Coffee looked good in preseason, and T.C. but....
The problem with Singletary is that he does not know X&Os and goes out and hires an OC that doesn't either.
The way I see it-

Lack of preparation, bad game planning and in game situations are Singletary's fault. Singletary has a limited amount of talent to work with and has to put players in the starting lineups that shouldn't be there. Scot deserves the blame for not having better players available for Singletary to choose from.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Singletary hired Eddie Munster as coordinator, he hired Forrester, and he neglected to bring in a healthy RT this offseason despite knowing that it was our biggest need.

He's not without blame here.

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk.

Not really being fair here...the TO he used in Game 1 clearly worked, the 49ers held the Cards to a FG and that ended up being an important stop in the game.

You are correct that the Falcons scored on the next play BUT the 49ers did battle back after that play over the next 10 minutes of clock time or so to make the 14-0 game to 14-10 with the 49ers having the ball at the Atlanta 30 yard line. Of course, it all went to h*ll with the Hill sack, punt, White catch and run for a TD, kickoff and Walker fumble, Atlanta TD, etc. But, the one period of time the 49ers were competitive in that game was after the time-out so draw your own conclusions.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player[/video]

Like an MMA fighter, Sing is the evolved form of a coach.

He's a player who has been there.

You can see the difference at 1:13 between a coach, and a coach who has been there.

Coach Sing isn't the problem.
Fans are a fickle bunch and you can never please them. If you look at where the 9ers are at now since the great salary cap purge of six years ago, they are light-years better in just about every possible way. I don't know if Sing is going to be a great coach, a good coach, an OK coach, or out of the league in a year or two, but the team is playing better and making progress. As such, I'm OK with Coach Sing this season.

Originally posted by fzrdave:
Fans are a fickle bunch and you can never please them. If you look at where the 9ers are at now since the great salary cap purge of six years ago, they are light-years better in just about every possible way. I don't know if Sing is going to be a great coach, a good coach, an OK coach, or out of the league in a year or two, but the team is playing better and making progress. As such, I'm OK with Coach Sing this season.

True statement. We have the most fickle fans in the NFL. One thing goes wrong or somebody doesn't like it and its "so and so is the worst coach ever." I think alot of people on here aren't happy unless they're complaining about something.
Originally posted by Mex49:
How about having two weeks to f**king prepare for the Texans after an ass beating from Atlanta and your team gives up 21 points before halftime.

Nobody gets a pass for that.

Hill should have been pulled in Atlanta, giving smith an additional two weeks , and crabtree should have also seen some snaps. As we have witnessed, he really is a stud and could have contributed as did Braylon Edwards did in NY after just days of being traded and learning a new system

You think Crabtree shoulda played against Atlanta????

I agree, Crabtree's gonna be a stud and he did a great job against Houston, but really . . . You do remember that Braylon Edwards is a veteran player who long ago adjusted to the speed of the NFL. Comparing Crabtree to him is a bit premature, don't you think?

Just how was Singletary supposed to prepare Battle for catching a punt like the one he dropped, when it was coming out of the sun and moving sideways on him? Tough catch for anyone. "Home field advantage" I believe its called.

I recall when you were as dedicated as anyone in defending the Niners coaches and front office. Now they've got a guy at HC that the players are all willing to listen to and follow, and you want to fire him midseason? Perhaps a bit more patience is in order?

And remember--Nolan threw A. Smith to the wolves. Who can blame Singletary for going a bit more slowly with (re) introducing Smith to the starting lineup? My take is that Singletary was as much interested in handling the resurrected QB carefully as he was in giving Hill a shot to keep the position that he played so well last year. Seems like an intelligent, patient way to handle things; not a kneejerk reaction, but a planned out approach.

Again, I think you need to show a bit more patience with Singletary. I'm not saying ignore his mistakes, but wait to see how he addresses them before you start calling for his head. JMHO.

Really? The Oline, pass rush and overall depth are "light years" better? The talent level is better in some areas but still lacking in others.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Really? The Oline, pass rush and overall depth are "light years" better? The talent level is better in some areas but still lacking in others.

Yeah, it really is. That 2004 team was so bad that it was arguably the least talented team that has ever suited up in the modern era of football. If the 2009 team played the 2004 team ten times, the 2009 team would win ten out of ten times with ease. Even before the season started, I saw the 2009 team as a roughly 500 team with the same glaring wholes which you mentioned, so I’m not surprised, but that doesn't mean that they aren't a much better team. Next year should be the year that they truly become relevant again and that's when Coach Sing is going to have to stand up tall if they don't perform. Until then, I'm not going to be one of the knee-jerk fans who wants to fire whichever player had the most recent bad game.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player[/video]

Like an MMA fighter, Sing is the evolved form of a coach.

He's a player who has been there.

You can see the difference at 1:13 between a coach, and a coach who has been there.

Coach Sing isn't the problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMyEhKO8dg&feature=related#movie_player
Share 49ersWebzone