There are 128 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why all the hate for Coach Sing? It's as if he reads the zone...hmm...

I don't want to go off on a rant here, but,
Here at the zone, there were complaints that he wouldn't bench Hill.(SEE locked threads)

He friggin put in Smith right away. I ,like a moron,would have kept in Hill for the whole game until Hill felt the full force of fail.

Zoners , and even media said that,''It's a bad idea to throw in Crabtree into the wolves like that so soon . Rest him for a year.''
The fact that we have Crabs for SIX YEARS and we get to put him in as a legit WR right away, is ....uncanny and extremely awesome. Sing definitely gets props from me for that , for sticking his neck totally out for Crabs.

Zoners were saying that Rossum fell off, so the niners just flat out gave him the pinks slip.

Complaints about the Singletary defensive timeouts were rampant , so he stopped calling t.o.'s......for now. I think they are effective (Especially if you're Alex Smith , who is so cool, he can attempt fourth downs with 5 extra yards of delay of game goodness )

Ref- ''You want a timeout , Alex? Just say it.''

Smithers-(Looks intensely at the Umpire)'' No...........I don't need it.'' (Techno music plays................flags fly)

My point is this; Singletary is doing a heck of a job, so haters should back off. He's not the problem. The problem is the Oline hell we face every year. It's the underlying problem.With a crappy oline, mainly Sims, we get three and outs, which tire out our defense. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
With a crappy oline, mainly Sims

Sims hasn't even played. Its Rachal/Snyder/Baas who are the problem.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
With a crappy oline, mainly Sims

Sims hasn't even played. Its Rachal/Snyder/Baas who are the problem.

Yeah he did, he practically played most of the 2nd half against the Texans and didn't do that bad.. At least according to MM
I agree 100 percent but you are gonna get people that say well Sing is the coach so if th Oline plays bad its his fault those are his startes, or if a player doesnt know how to run the play that was called and the Niner shave to call a timeout thats sings fault because the kid didnt know the play.
Why the hate on Sing? If he's the HC, he's going to be criticized for decisions he makes. It comes with the territory. The good and the bad.

GOOD
--Smith over Hill. Hill looked like his confidence was shaken and the offense was dead.
--Crabtree starting. That worked out pretty well. Raye's offense must be simpler than most of us thought for a WR to walk in off the street and have a good game.

BAD
--Rossum v. Battle. Battle has muffed 3 punts in as many games. At least Rossum caught the ball, yet he was cut. Since Battle has been worse than Rossum, shouldn't he be cut next?
--Rachal continuing to play. How badly does he have to play before he's benched? Does the Qb have to be injured? How many tackles for loss or busted plays or sacks will it take?
--Wragge, why isn't he playing? Considering how bad our OGs have been, he can't get a single snap.

He's gonna take the heat for the bad decisions and get a lot of the credit for the good decisions b/c he's the HC.
Singletary hired Eddie Munster as coordinator, he hired Forrester, and he neglected to bring in a healthy RT this offseason despite knowing that it was our biggest need.

He's not without blame here.

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM ]
Baas, Rachal, Snyder, and Pashos are not the answer to our Oline problems.

We definitely need an upgrade with free agency and through the draft. I miss the days where we had Ray Brown, Derrick Deese, Jeremy Newberry, and company.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I love Tony Starks posts!
If it makes anyone feel any better, Rossum pulled his hamstring the first time he touched the ball in Dallas. He's out indefinitely.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Singletary hired Eddie Munster as coordinator, he hired Forrester, and he neglected to bring in a healthy RT this offseason despite knowing that it was our biggest need.

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk

There's that..........

Then there's that.

But I'm going on my theory that the niners were just hungover or something because everyone was completely off that day.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
If it makes anyone feel any better, Rossum pulled his hamstring the first time he touched the ball in Dallas. He's out indefinitely.

Yes. Yes it does.
Bring back Jennings.... Hell how worse could he be than what we have out there??
I prefer to think of it as legitimate questioning and not hate. Some decisions or lack thereof are puzzling and in some people's opinions, deserve scrutiny. The adherence to a power running game when we had neither the personnel nor success, for one. You'd think they would know that in advance when evaluating the linemen. And along those same lines, not getting a quality or premier LT when it was an obvious need (esp if you are relying on line play for your team's identity). Let's face it, Pasho was a bandaid.
Stockpiling receivers you don't even use or need, while letting the only legit RB backup go off your PS seemed contradictory to a running philosophy (whether or not you liked Sheets), esp when Frank's ankle was still a question and Coffee wasn't getting it done!
Continuing to play Bruce when he's obviously sliding, yet keeping high-paid and supposedly talented Jones in street clothes. Battle, who's muffed 3 punts so far vs just keeping Rossum, who while not the returner he used to be, is still superior to anyone else we've tried thus far.
Game and time management and playcalling have all been issues at one time or another. It could go one.
We can cut Sing some slack as a rookie head coach, but still question his actions/inaction. Right?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

BTW You thought the TO's were effective? Last time I checked Atlanta scored a TD on the play after the pep talk.

His pep talk worked quite well in the AZ game and it was a "brilliant move". Not so much in the ATL game so it became a "bonehead move". We all conveniently over look Coffee's helmet mishap that also left us short a timeout too so we can strengthen the viewpoint that Sing's pep talk was a bad idea I guess.

To me the jury is still out as to whether or not the pep talks are a bad idea.

Ahhhh the luxury of second guessing with little more than season tix, DIRECTV's Sunday NFL Ticket package and some time invested.
I do not understand the problem some people are having with the "pep" talk TO.
In 6 games he used 2 of 36 available TOs for a pep talk.
With a 50% success rate.

It seems as if people expected that we'll play like the Colts. I'm just waiting for the "Bring back Nolan threads" with the argumentation that he's done wonders with Dever.