LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

So..... Are we still making the playoffs?

well , first we are not going to win the division unless Arizona falters , so we have to win lots of games i am talking about 10 to 11 games to make it as a wild card and I don't see that happening cuz we have not one one game outside our division !
Originally posted by baltien:
I think even if we lose Sunday we still have a pretty decent shot. Our division is still weak, and our schedule becomes cake after this Sunday. I can see it happening.
cake?

CHILD PLZ
Originally posted by cNiner:
well , first we are not going to win the division unless Arizona falters , so we have to win lots of games i am talking about 10 to 11 games to make it as a wild card and I don't see that happening cuz we have not one one game outside our division !

Our only shot is to win our division.. Arizona just needs to win the ones the are so pose to win and lose the ones they are so pose to lose, and lose to us...
Originally posted by miked1978:
If our o-line steps up we will make the playoffs. If our o-line continues to play the way it has, we will not make the playoffs.

Agreed
they seemed to get a little better when Alex stepped in,perhaps because he's more mobile and got the pass off quicker compared to Hill.

If both the O-line and Smith can keep up a pace close to their performance last Sunday then they have a
shot.

Go Niners
Originally posted by spraked:
Originally posted by cNiner:

Our only shot is to win our division.. Arizona just needs to win the ones the are so pose to win and lose the ones they are so pose to lose, and lose to us...

Huh??
We have to get to 10 wins at minimum and defeat Arizona at home to secure the tie breaker.

It's going to require us beating Philly or Green Bay on the road. If we can finish 10-6 we still have a chance for a wild card berth as well. We're just going to have to win some tough games on the road.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We have to get to 10 wins at minimum and defeat Arizona at home to secure the tie breaker.

It's going to require us beating Philly or Green Bay on the road. If we can finish 10-6 we still have a chance for a wild card berth as well. We're just going to have to win some tough games on the road.

You know i dont think it's exactly impossible for us to beat all both teams. With philly, i mean i look at what oakland did to them, so i say just watch the oakland game, and see what they did. Green Bay, dont forget leads the league in allowing their QB to be sacked, in which ESPN reported he's a little banged up already from leading the league in sacks.

So as the Indy game may be the hardest as some say. I think these two games, we can win, and the defense plays like they did in the beginning of the season.
If our team plays the way they are capable of playing we can beat any team in the league. I truly believe that. I do believe we will still make the playoffs.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
There's still a good chance. Any given sunday people, any given sunday.
With just six games in, who can say? I think I'll wait to see how the 9ers play against the Colts before even hazarding a guess. If they play well or even win, then yeah, there's a good possibility. On the other hand, if they get scorched like they did against the Falcons and Smith falls back on his butt, then it'll be unlikely.

We need to run the table because that's what the Cardinals look like they can do.
HAHAHA. No chance. We are still a ways away from the playoffs. Hopefully we can add a pass rusher and some better O-Linemen in the off-season. A future QB would be nice too.
Someone is going to step up and beat the cards. We are one game out. I still have faith
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not this year. But, the team looks to finish 8-8, which is a game better than I thought at the start of the season.

The Niners' year is in 2010.

Looking at the schedule I have to agree, but it could still be a special season.
The chances of making the playoffs just got smaller after the loss to the Texans. The only way we make it is if we win the division, and that seems like a tough one too...with AZ playing much better now.

If we don't make the playoffs this year, it's a "bad" season. There are no "moral-victory" seasons...6yrs and counting.
Share 49ersWebzone