There are 207 users in the forums

How much longer does Gore have left?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
four years, 32 weeks, 3 days, and 14 hours.
Originally posted by fister30:

Wrong, he has 12 feet, 4 inches left.
A good 3 years if we can become a legit offense & get the o-line taken care of in offseason.
Barlow, uh I mean Gore is on his last legs. I think his injuries will continue to stop him. I hope I'm wrong but he's hurt every year.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
by far one of the better choices of the Nolan era....I wonder how much more dominate he would have been without the college injuries, def. would probably not be a Niner right now. Any good soon to be young free agent backs?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fister30:

He gets hurt during the offseason? Maybe hit by a bus?
Originally posted by mickey49:
I didnt know he was on his deathbed...
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Barlow, uh I mean Gore is on his last legs. I think his injuries will continue to stop him. I hope I'm wrong but he's hurt every year.

How can you compare Gore to that heartless f**k Barlow with a straight face?
  • 49erfourlife
  • Info N/A
Including this year I would have to say 2 more really productive yrs maybe 3 if and that's a big "IF" the 9ers gt lucky !!!
if he continues getting injured like this, 2 years max.

As much as I love the player and warrior Frank is, I see signs already, that he's not the back he was just a couple of years ago. The old Frank would routinely break tackles and make something out of nothing, whether his line was blocking well or not. He's just not doing that anymore and hasn't for a while. Maybe it's his ankles, maybe his knees or maybe the type of hard runner he is. He's definitely as fast, if not faster than ever, just not the same guy. We've all seen premier backs like LT and Sean Alexander decline from one season to the next, so it's not without precedent. Frank's still a young guy and maybe this is a temporary aberration; I hope so.
With better blocking, there's not doubt he can still produce. At what level remains to be seen. I pray I'm wrong about the rest.
Which is why I have been saying for weeks now, that we need to get CJ Spiller in the next draft. This guy would be an immediate upgrade at both kick and punt returner, plus a change of pace back to split carries with Gore, and the best receiver we've had in the backfield since Ricky Watters - all rolled into one player! No more roster spot used up for "just" a return man.

As Gore starts to slide, Spiller takes over more of the workload.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
As a premiere RB in the league? Maybe 3 or 4 if we're lucky. He could really use a solid #2 to split the load with.

Granted all this is based on having an O-line that can actually block for him.

I say 2-3 years, but EXTRA BOLD ON THE LATTER!
He'll definitely be around for next season, but who knows how much longer after that?
2 and thats just being a decent back, i think even now we need a better backup for him, should have picked up cedrick benson for cheap.
Share 49ersWebzone