Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bulls**t.

how do you explain the bad throws? fumbles at the snap?

How do you explain picking him number one over all.

who else were we supposed to pick

Most ridiculous argument I ever hear in the Alex debate. Every single position was a position of need. Does Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards ring a bell? How about Ware, Merriman or Rolle? shoot how about Benson? Hows about Roddy White? Jammal Brown?

who else were we supposed to pick?

Yeah, that's not using hindsight much.

Guess what genius, the people actually doing the drafting, don't have the benefit of hindsight. They don't have a crystal ball, which apparently you do.

nope, no crystal ball....but I am right more often then I am wrong. And I make my predictions in March every year....so sorry Partner....no hindsight here.

What a load of bulls**t. If you were as good as you claim to be, you'd be working in the NFL in some capacity.

how cute. You think it is hard to be an General Manager of a Football team? Yeah, I could see why you would be skeptical.
bulls**t.

Most ridiculous argument I ever hear in the Alex debate. Every single position was a position of need. Does Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards ring a bell? How about Ware, Merriman or Rolle? shoot how about Benson? Hows about Roddy White? Jammal Brown?

Guess what genius, the people actually doing the drafting, don't have the benefit of hindsight. They don't have a crystal ball, which apparently you do.

nope, no crystal ball....but I am right more often then I am wrong. And I make my predictions in March every year....so sorry Partner....no hindsight here.

What a load of bulls**t. If you were as good as you claim to be, you'd be working in the NFL in some capacity.

how cute. You think it is hard to be an General Manager of a Football team? Yeah, I could see why you would be skeptical.

Oh yeah sparky?? So why would I be skeptical??
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by luv49rs:

share.
bulls**t.

well if it's not that hard then why are you not a GM?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

share.

happy to oblige!

• Black59Razor
  • Info N/A
Everyone is wrong, we should have drafted Jason Campbell.

share.

happy to oblige!

share.

happy to oblige!

aurite!!!

Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Everyone is wrong, we should have drafted Jason Campbell.

TRADE DOWN!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Mospeed:
He was a 20 year old academic

He's now a 25 year football player. I don't understand how people could be so mystified about his emergence all of the sudden.

Some people here are knee jerk reactionaries that can't comprehend that a guy can work to improve himself.

Yep.. Isn't that the truth.. Most of them are grumpy because their guy, Hill played his way onto the bench.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

share.

happy to oblige!

bulls**t.

I would like to see these "predictions" you make every year. Please post the links to the threads thank you

yeah right...I am going to post links for you. Its just common sense really....here is what I was mainly concerned about back in March of 2005.

Alex Smith
Small School = RED FLAG
Gimmick Offense = RED FLAG
Took time to even become starter at UTAH = RED FLAG

Aaron Rodgers
I kind of liked him but not really...he had a really bad final bowl game too

49ers + ANY QB at that time
Offensive Line, NOTHING Good = RED FLAG
Weapons, NONE = RED FLAG
Any coach on staff experienced developing QB's, None = RED FLAG

To you it was clear we needed to draft a QB at 1.1....to me it was clear that the last thing we should do is draft a QB at 1.1
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Give us an offensive line that blocks and then we can start judging quarterbacks. When Smith had Turner he picked up his system fine and played well, especially considering he was the youngest player in the league. Line blocks, quarterback throws, receiver catches. Having Crabtree is great but for nothing if Smith ends up running for his life before Crabtree can run his route. Hill may just have gotten shell shocked. I hope Alex can at minimum survive, at best thrive like he did in Houston.
bulls**t.

I would like to see these "predictions" you make every year. Please post the links to the threads thank you

yeah right...I am going to post links for you. Its just common sense really....here is what I was mainly concerned about back in March of 2005.

Alex Smith
Small School = RED FLAG
Gimmick Offense = RED FLAG
Took time to even become starter at UTAH = RED FLAG

Aaron Rodgers
I kind of liked him but not really...he had a really bad final bowl game too

49ers + ANY QB at that time
Offensive Line, NOTHING Good = RED FLAG
Weapons, NONE = RED FLAG
Any coach on staff experienced developing QB's, None = RED FLAG

To you it was clear we needed to draft a QB at 1.1....to me it was clear that the last thing we should do is draft a QB at 1.1

It was clear to me that we could have traded down and gotten either player and another pick. Seemed like Nolan wasn't going to trade down unless he got "Value" which we couldn't get because Matt L. decided to hide out at USC another year rather than risk being a 9er.
Share 49ersWebzone