There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Steve Young

He was a 20 year old academic

He's now a 25 year football player. I don't understand how people could be so mystified about his emergence all of the sudden.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by 5rings:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
bulls**t.

how do you explain the bad throws? fumbles at the snap?

How do you explain picking him number one over all.

who else were we supposed to pick

How about Rogers.I think he is doing pretty good

You kidding me? The guy sat behind Brett Favre for 3 years and barely saw the light of day. He had an eternity to digest an offense from the same coordinator.

Smith was thrown into the game day 1 behind one of the worst OLs in Niner history and got his shoulder destroyed and had a coach who didn't care. Not to mention the ever revolving door at offensive coordinator.

And you want to say Rodgers would succeed under those conditions? Please child.

He might be a Cal fan. I was neither a Cal or Utah fan, but as the college season played out, I knew we would be drafting a QB, so I kept my eye on those two to get an idea of which I liked better. It was really splitting hairs to me, but I gave Smith the edge for his mobility and accuracy...but like I said, it was splitting hairs. I agree however, that either one would have struggled in the situation Smith was put into.
Originally posted by Mospeed:
He was a 20 year old academic

He's now a 25 year football player. I don't understand how people could be so mystified about his emergence all of the sudden.

Some people here are knee jerk reactionaries that can't comprehend that a guy can work to improve himself.
bulls**t.

Most ridiculous argument I ever hear in the Alex debate. Every single position was a position of need. Does Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards ring a bell? How about Ware, Merriman or Rolle? shoot how about Benson? Hows about Roddy White? Jammal Brown?

who else were we supposed to pick?
Originally posted by danimal:
bulls**t.

Most ridiculous argument I ever hear in the Alex debate. Every single position was a position of need. Does Ronnie Brown or Braylon Edwards ring a bell? How about Ware, Merriman or Rolle? shoot how about Benson? Hows about Roddy White? Jammal Brown?

well it was pretty obvious that the first pick was going to be a QB. You just listed a bunch of woulda shoulda couldas. The options for the team at the time was rodgers or Smith. The team chose smith.
bulls**t.

Yeah, that's not using hindsight much.

Guess what genius, the people actually doing the drafting, don't have the benefit of hindsight. They don't have a crystal ball, which apparently you do.
if alex is a late bloomer....

...well i guess it takes one to know one....................
bulls**t.

well it was pretty obvious that the first pick was going to be a QB. You just listed a bunch of woulda shoulda couldas. The options for the team at the time was rodgers or Smith. The team chose smith.

Yeah, that is a retarded way to run a football franchise. Trust me, I was posting all this in March of 2005.....NO HINDSIGHT in my game.

That level of GM ship is getting outdated fast.....its just too bad the fan base is still way behind. NEVER paint yourself into a corner. Parcells gets it......notice how he didn't use his top pick on a FRANCHISE QB.

Thats Lions and Browns kind of thinking.......wait......who was one of the worst teams of the decade? Coincidence...I think not.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
bulls**t.

Guess what genius, the people actually doing the drafting, don't have the benefit of hindsight. They don't have a crystal ball, which apparently you do.

I really think the Patriots have that crystal ball
Originally posted by jreff22:
bulls**t.

Either that or Bill Belichick is in league with the devil.
bulls**t.

nope, no crystal ball....but I am right more often then I am wrong. And I make my predictions in March every year....so sorry Partner....no hindsight here.
bulls**t.

nope, no crystal ball....but I am right more often then I am wrong. And I make my predictions in March every year....so sorry Partner....no hindsight here.

What a load of bulls**t. If you were as good as you claim to be, you'd be working in the NFL in some capacity.

bulls**t.

No they just have a system that they can pretty much plug anyone into and be successful.
bulls**t.

No they just have a system that they can pretty much plug anyone into and be successful.

their system is as simple as plugging a video camera into a wall...............................
bulls**t.

I would like to see these "predictions" you make every year. Please post the links to the threads thank you