There are 189 users in the forums

Smith's fresh start, outside threat Crabtree could awaken Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Good read from Clark Judge. He thinks this might be the turning point for the team, as do many of us around here.

Quote:
"Alex's strength is the potential that he has," [Singletary] said. "For him, one day soon the light is going to go on."

Maybe that day was Sunday. Smith looked like the quarterback San Francisco thought it was getting in 2005. He was accurate. He made smart decisions. And he produced touchdowns. I can only imagine that a year-and-a-half of sitting, watching and listening did nothing but help prepare him for that moment.

And here, smith reiterates the thing Urban Meyer has been saying:

Quote:
"If there's gray out there for me," [Smith] said, "which a lot of times there is for me in a new offense, I play at such a slower pace than I do when I'm comfortable.

"But when I really know everything, and I go out there and react and cut it loose, it goes from really, really average to pretty good. The goal is to eliminate as much gray as possible."

Heres to a career revival!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12430579
I like the confidence he starting to show. Wasn't much of that hs first few years
im excited to see what smith can do this sunday
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Good read from Clark Judge. He thinks this might be the turning point for the team, as do many of us around here.

Quote:
"Alex's strength is the potential that he has," [Singletary] said. "For him, one day soon the light is going to go on."

Maybe that day was Sunday. Smith looked like the quarterback San Francisco thought it was getting in 2005. He was accurate. He made smart decisions. And he produced touchdowns. I can only imagine that a year-and-a-half of sitting, watching and listening did nothing but help prepare him for that moment.

And here, smith reiterates the thing Urban Meyer has been saying:

Quote:
"If there's gray out there for me," [Smith] said, "which a lot of times there is for me in a new offense, I play at such a slower pace than I do when I'm comfortable.

"But when I really know everything, and I go out there and react and cut it loose, it goes from really, really average to pretty good. The goal is to eliminate as much gray as possible."

Heres to a career revival!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12430579

Lets hope his newfound play is permanent then!
That pancake block he put on Ellis against Oakland was a turning point. He showed some toughness, that had been lacking prior. Things are setting up nicely for him to make a come back. Hope he takes advantage Sunday.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I really hope it happens for him and the team. It will be a b***h to have to waste a draft pick on a Qb if we have our franchise Qb right here.
Super excited.. Very excited to see him, Crabs, VD and Gore on the field at the same time, all are young guys around the same age that have some chemistry and can make the offense legit.

But even MORE excited to see the Wins, and numbers he will put up the rest of the season so we can move foward and KNOW that we have our QB, or that we NEED a QB.. heres to hoping Smiths our guy! so we can use those 2 first rd picks for other needs that will make us a definite 10 win team in 2010
Quote:
In fact, when I mentioned something about Smith having a better arm than Hill, one source close to the team said, "You have a better arm than [Hill]."
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Super excited.. Very excited to see him, Crabs, VD and Gore on the field at the same time, all are young guys around the same age that have some chemistry and can make the offense legit.

But even MORE excited to see the Wins, and numbers he will put up the rest of the season so we can move foward and KNOW that we have our QB, or that we NEED a QB.. heres to hoping Smiths our guy! so we can use those 2 first rd picks for other needs that will make us a definite 10 win team in 2010

Agree totally! I can't wait to see what this offense & team can do the rest of the season.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Quote:
In fact, when I mentioned something about Smith having a better arm than Hill, one source close to the team said, "You have a better arm than [Hill]."

Ouch!! that ain't good

Overall, Smith's arm strength means we can finally utilize Brandon Jones and the rest of our receivers that can position themselves into deep routes downfield (What Alex has already done with Crabs and Davis opens up tons of distance from defensive coverage so that Josh Morgan can sneak up the middle like he did against the Texans on slants/screens for easy first downs).

It also helps knowing that almost 80% of the players on our offense played in spread offenses in college, so Jimmy Raye and Sing have absolutely no excuses now to play the way we have been during the previous weeks. It's time unleash these stallions.
It just feels like a whole new season
Don't Tell me , Show Me ! I hope the lights came on up there cuz i can't take a losing season anymore ! We have the picess in #! WR & TE that is coming to his own and hopfully going to make the probowl, Morgan , Bruce lost a step & Gore out of the back field cuz i don't think this OL can block worth a s**t but hopfully we keep 2nd TE and FB to help blocking !
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for NJNiner.
Keep in mind that Alex is going make a few mistakes here and there, we just have to be patient while he gets used to being the starting QB again. Don't get me wrong, I am as hopeful as the rest of you that Alex will do well.
Originally posted by hklar17:
It just feels like a whole new season
Share 49ersWebzone