LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 145 users in the forums

Smith-How Many to Remain Starter Permanently?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Smith-How Many to Remain Starter Permanently?

Honestly we still have the Hill nay sayers, we still have those that are thinking bring in Davis, or Draft another QB next year. And still the fans that say what we see is just a fluke.

As a result im asking, whether your a smith fan or not:

How many games do you think he'd have to win in order to remain our starter for the remainder of the season, and going into 2010-2011.

I think at least just over .500, so maybe 6 out of the last 10 in my eyes.
I do not think it is about how many games we win as long as he plays well. We could lose games and it have nothing at all to do with how he plays.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I do not think it is about how many games we win as long as he plays well. We could lose games and it have nothing at all to do with how he plays.

good point, we would have won without Battles fumble.
It is about how he plays but something tells me that smith has a much longer leash than hill does/did. However, I also think this is smith's last chance. If smith plays so bad (which I don't think he will) that the coach has to bench him, I think that's it for him.

I don't see smith ever riding the bench again.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Even if we lose the majority of our games, as long as Alex moves the offense and looks like an NFL Qb, I think he can keep the job the rest of the season and into 2010. This is Alex's audition for being the Niners Qb of the present and future. He does well and they'll give him a long term contract. Otherwise, he's the backup next year and will be seen as nothing more than a backup in the league.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM ]
I dont think he has to win a bunch of games to remain the starter. He just needs to show that he can move this offense and that he isnt the reason we are losing. There is no doubt that at this time its Alex`s job to lose.

The Niners have a lot of confidence in Alex and we are now seeing why. We could have cut him and let him walk but the Niners didnt do that because they new he had all the tools required to succeed. He has the smarts, the arm, the mobility and the mindset to do great things.

I suspect that come the end of the season You guys will all be saying how great Scotty M is for sticking with Alex.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

I think he should win the winnable games and it would be nice if he pulled out a win no one expected,that being said he's one guy , so yes some of this is out of his control so I guess what I'm trying to say is he needs to play well and do his part score td's few turnovers show he's gotten better
Originally posted by 49erman5692:

Or P.Willy gettin tackled by the tackle...
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:

Or P.Willy gettin tackled by the tackle...

Don't bad mouth willis, he'll get you in your sleep!

We would have won if the OLine would have given Smith just .5 more seconds to step into that throw in 4th down. (clearly hypothetically speaking)

Share 49ersWebzone