There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What may have transpired during halftime..

• Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I bet Old Raye was taking a little nap at halftime, till he heard Singletary scream out "I want winners and Shawn were losing sooo.... Alex I want winners... Who stole my lucky boxers?!?" The Samurai then put an old cassette in the boom box and they all sat there quietly listening to the 85' Bears Super Bowl Suffle. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev6AAgZGaPs

Raye then threw his old high school playbook in the trash , while reaching into a old worn out briefcase. He gently pulled out a thick notebook with red letters on the front spelling out PHOENIX.

Just wanted another reason to post the Super Bowl Shuffle Singletary makes me laugh evertime.
1:18 LMAO
[ Edited by Nabisko on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM ]
Aliens took over Raye's brain and ran the spread offense.
Haha good one
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Pretty funny.

All kidding aside though, talk about half time adjustments. This about as big an adjustment as I've ever seen any team make in that brief intermission. Not only are we going to make a change at QB, we are going to go from a power running formation to a shotgun heavy spread and fling the ball all over the place.
[ Edited by DJD on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by DJD:
Pretty funny.

All kidding aside though, talk about half time adjustments. This about as big an adjustment as I've ever seen any team make in that brief intermission. Not only are we going to make a change at QB, we are going to go from a power running formation to a shotgun heavy spread and fling the ball all over the place.

Well it was no secret that we had to pass to win the game!
"transpired"
Pretty funny.

im just shocked it took them 5 years with smith before they even tried the spread offense. the guy was a heisman finalist in college while running a spread offense...
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"transpired"
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Pretty funny.

im just shocked it took them 5 years with smith before they even tried the spread offense. the guy was a heisman finalist in college while running a spread offense...

In all fairness who were we going to spread out? Lloyd, Battle, Woods? Not really a viable spread offense with those cats.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
"transpired"

I know I know I noticed that.
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Pretty funny.

In all fairness who were we going to spread out? Lloyd, Battle, Woods? Not really a viable spread offense with those cats.

true, the first year ill give u that. but after that we had bryant, battle and VD and some others i cant remember, the format is what matters, i cant even name a single receiver on smiths utah team or anyone else from texas tech besides crabtree, the point i was trying to make is the offense is more comfortable for him and he succeeded with it
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Pretty funny.

true, the first year ill give u that. but after that we had bryant, battle and VD and some others i cant remember, the format is what matters, i cant even name a single receiver on smiths utah team or anyone else from texas tech besides crabtree, the point i was trying to make is the offense is more comfortable for him and he succeeded with it

Bingo!