There are 190 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Urban Meyer's famous quote on Alex

One half of a football game does not a resurrection make... I'd love for Alex to live up to expectations from here on out, but I need to see some consistency.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Dumbass Nolan and FO for the constant revolving door at OC. Sadly if Alex does play well we will be stuck with Raye. His blocking scheme I partly blame for the Oline probs

Raye is a good thing for Alex....I believe one of the reasons he was hired is because he runs a Norv Turner type offense(Correll). That's the system Alex showed the most promise with. So please stop the Raye bashing and give the guy a chance to show what he can do with a real QB.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Dumbass Nolan and FO for the constant revolving door at OC. Sadly if Alex does play well we will be stuck with Raye. His blocking scheme I partly blame for the Oline probs

Raye is a good thing for Alex....I believe one of the reasons he was hired is because he runs a Norv Turner type offense(Correll). That's the system Alex showed the most promise with. So please stop the Raye bashing and give the guy a chance to show what he can do with a real QB.

Lol, didnt bash him. I like his PC I just think his BLOCKING scheme is an issue
in nolan's defense, mike mccarthy left after nolans first year. Norv turner left well into the end of nolan's second year, essentially forcing nolan to hire hostler. By his fourth year nolan was under so much pressure that he had to hire a proven oc, mike martz.
  • wolfpack219
  • Info N/A
So now the question is why was he so fluent in his play on Sunday? Was it because he knows how the NFL is? Because he now knows a new system for 2009? Is Rayes system very similar to his successful season in 07? I personally think it is because he is older and more mature plus he knows the speed on the NFL now. JMO.
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
So now the question is why was he so fluent in his play on Sunday? Was it because he knows how the NFL is? Because he now knows a new system for 2009? Is Rayes system very similar to his successful season in 07? I personally think it is because he is older and more mature plus he knows the speed on the NFL now. JMO.

This.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This.

Lets hope so.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
in nolan's defense, mike mccarthy left after nolans first year. Norv turner left well into the end of nolan's second year, essentially forcing nolan to hire hostler. By his fourth year nolan was under so much pressure that he had to hire a proven oc, mike martz.

All true, but Nolan is also the guy that threw Alex under the bus and back into the meat grinder with a potentially career ending injury. Then teased him cause his 'widdle shoulder hurt'. This was a time when Dilfer, a seasoned vet was on the roster and should have played until Smith was right.

You can really tell that coach sing has learned from all of these mistakes. He is being very careful with his players health.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
We managed him the wrong way. NoWIN did. Urban Meyer told us exactly what to do.

~ Keep the same offensive coordinator.
~ Keep the same system.
~ Let Alex learn on the bench for a while until he knows everything.
~ Don't throw him to the wolves before he is ready.

And what did we do?

I agree we handled it the wrong way but this happens with every rookie QB and every team.

Not true.

Not every team gets a different offensive coordinator every year. And not every team has a new offensive system every year. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have had pretty much the same system since they came in the league.

Not every player gets thrown to the wolves right away. Carson Palmer sat out 1 year from the sideline learning before he went in his 2nd year to start the first time.

We didn't keep the same OC but that wasn't like it was planned that way. That sucked for Alex and most young qb's do have the luxury of playing in the same system for at least 2 years.

But, for every Carson Palmer you name, I can name at least 10 Alex Smiths,Matt Staffords,Joey Harringtons,and Ryan Leafs that get thrown in before they are ready and before they have had the chance to learn.

This.

Yo SD do you like Alex?
one solid half and everyone is back on the wagon

Alex Smith motherb***hes whooooooooooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Originally posted by TheChozen:
We managed him the wrong way. NoWIN did. Urban Meyer told us exactly what to do.

~ Keep the same offensive coordinator.
~ Keep the same system.
~ Let Alex learn on the bench for a while until he knows everything.
~ Don't throw him to the wolves before he is ready.

And what did we do?

I agree we handled it the wrong way but this happens with every rookie QB and every team.

Not true.

Not every team gets a different offensive coordinator every year. And not every team has a new offensive system every year. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have had pretty much the same system since they came in the league.

Not every player gets thrown to the wolves right away. Carson Palmer sat out 1 year from the sideline learning before he went in his 2nd year to start the first time.

Well it wasn't Nolan's fault 2 of them left to be head coaches. Hostler was his fault though, horrible pick, but Turner left us so late

But I agree, he should have been on the bench, and he should have had a better QB coach, Hostler was horrible.
Originally posted by billybonka:
one solid half and everyone is back on the wagon

I never left. Wanted him over Hill day uno