There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Someone had to ask, so here goes "Will We See Nate Davis In Action This Season?"

Someone had to ask, so here goes "Will We See Nate Davis In Action This Season?"

Maybe if we blowout the Rams or the Lions at the end of the year.

I believe we will only see Alex for all the rest of the games. But this O LINE is going to get him killed. Our RT is already out and Chilo gets worse each game. I don't even know if he last the year now.
I would not mind seeing davis sooner than later.
  • bret
  • Veteran
I remember making a post about 3 years ago describing an ex-girlfriend who kept having traffic accidents because she couldn't ANTICIPATE what the other cars were going to do. She'd wait for an opening to cross a busy intersection, and by the time she recognized the opening was there, it had closed and she was in the middle of the intersection and about to be rammed by oncoming traffic!

This was exactly Alex Smith's problem as a quarterback! He's gotten better, but still not good enough! Three weeks, and he's been good enough to keep us in games. But three weeks in a row, with the game on the line and a chance to put us in a position to win or tie, he's made the key mistake!

Shaun Hill has the head, but not the arm. Smith has the arm (and the legs) but not the head (or maybe that should be "instincts").

I think it's about time we get on the Nate Davis bandwagon! We're not going to win with the other options! And wasn't it Mike Singletary who said "don't tell me, show me!"?
Davis is the NUMBER 3 QB. The only chance he has to get some PT is if BOTH Smith and Hill get injured. I'm sure Nate Davis has learned a lot from being on the bench, but people don't realize that HE IS GETTING NO REPS. Not even as the scout QB. The only throwing he's getting in is probably in individual drills, no game-like scenario drills.

So...... NO!

(don't get me wrong. I like his arm strength and mechanics, but in reality, he's not going to play this year barring any injury)
am crossing my fingers!!!
I think we will see Davis. It won't be long until Smith gets injured with this O-line. And then people will be all over Davis as a savior. So far I've seen good mobility and a good zip on the ball from Davis, but we all know playing qb takes much more than that. So it's wait and see.
we won't see him this year unless Hill and Smith get hurt. I would not be suprised if he moved to #2 next year though...
No but I do predict 10 pro bowls in 6 NFL seasons for Nate Davis
I hope so because we have nothing else to lose throw him out there and let him learn and develop unlike our bone headed QB's we got here that won't even make it in the UFL or mexican league just pathetic!
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
I hope so because we have nothing else to lose throw him out there and let him learn and develop unlike our bone headed QB's we got here that won't even make it in the UFL or mexican league just pathetic!

mexican league????

WTF is with some people? Why would you want to throw off our offensive chemistry (or lack of it) even MORE by putting in a wide eyed rookie???? It makes ZERO SENSE. Smith HAS one bad game after 2 years of sitting and we need to bench him? Wow.

What happens if Nate sucks..then what? Just start the carousel again? Put Hill in?

You ride or die with Smith this season then draft a QB if Smith goes bust. Look, we are either making the playoffs with SMITH or WITHOUT. If Smith plays crappy like today he's done in SF. Let Nate sit and learn.