There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looking back, Crabtree or an Offensive Lineman?

Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm glad we grabbed Crabtree, but Michael Oher is looking like a steal at #23

I think Crabtree will look like a bigger steal in just a few weeks.

Not if the QB is on his butt 80% of the time

It's going to land on our QB, Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers have been sacked more times but their receivers are doing great. If Smith can step his game up we'll be fine, if he sucks well then it's because he sucks not because of our oline.

Aaron Rodgers--I totally agree with you...Big Ben gets sacked because he stands back there with great protection for hours. He is sooo spoiled in terms of having time that he allows sacks. He has a lot more time than our QBs.

Okay well Rodgers..a great QB can still succeed with a s**tty oline..it's not like our QB gets sacked every single play...people just like using our oline as a scapegoat way too much IMO..when it's really our QB situation. GB is ranked 8th in offense even with that horrible oline..I know we don't have Driver or Jennings, but now we have Crabtree, Davis and Morgan who hopefully turns out to play well.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:57 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Hell no! But if you asked me 3 weeks ago I would have said Hell Yes.

This
BPA and that was CLEARLY CRABS!
Originally posted by BHulman:

Crabtree might have been a steal at #10.

True ...but we should have traded down and grabbed Michael Oher

But then again I'm glad we have two number 1 picks next year

There was nobody trying to trade up for our pick. So there is no way we could have traded down, just because we want to trade down doen't mean that we can. It looks lik we made the right pick. It's way easier to find offensive linemen the it is to find a game changing wide reciever. I mean if that is what he can do coming of the street with just 3 weeks of pratice, imagine the possisbilties as he continue's to grow in this league! WE do need help on the line desperately and theuy should have addressed it more this last offseason but if you have a chance to add a player like Crabtree you take it. We should have drafted more O-line help in the later rounds of the draft but we have 2 #1's next year which should beable to net a us a starting taclke.
A playmaking, Number 1 WR, who clearly the best player on the board, and no doubt was a top 5 talent, or a RT?

Is this even an argument?
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:11 PM ]
When he was holding out, it was clear that we should have picked someone else at #10. But now that he's signed and played like a vet, I can't imagine anyone else at #10 for us.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A playmaking, Number 1 WR, who clearly the best player on the board, and no doubt was a top 5 talent, or a RT?

Is this even an argument?

You were calling for this pick very early on weren't you? Didn't you suggest the Niners try to trade up and get him? It's early, but this just might become a very memorable pick.
you never pass on a two-time Belitnikoff Award winner.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
When he was holding out, it was clear that we should have picked someone else at #10. But now that he's signed and played like a vet, I can't imagine anyone else at #10 for us.

I wonder if the Raiders are getting an inkling that maybe they made a mistake.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
We made the right pick. There were 6 other rounds we coulda drafted a RT in and didn't

I think the Raiders are telling themselves that they have to endured the early bad times with DHB, but eventually he will come through, because he has more upside than Crabtree

I was really hoping that McCloughan would trade back into the first round for Oher once he slipped past the 20s.

-9fA

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419938

i pick crabtree dudes a flat out beast and talent like his doesnt come every draft however i know people want berry mays with our pick but i think we need to go RT and RG with our first round pick our o line is just pathetic and smith will do good with at least 1 second more especially with all his weapons
Crabtree hands down. The argument should be O line vs trading for 1st rnd pick. And now that Carolina is gonna beone of the worst teams, it looks great. But, it does suck right now. We must have patience until next year. We had a great draft, but it continues next year with that Carolina pick.