There are 275 users in the forums

Its time for Ahmad Brooks to start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well we're nearly at the half point of the season.

Haralson: 1 sack
Lawson: 1.5 sacks

Lawson is better against the run: 32 tackles compared to just 13 by Haralson.

So much for hoping that Haralson would get 10 sacks.

-9fA

6 of them are coming this week against the human tops known as the Packers OL.

If only. We do need some good outside pass rushers though. Lawson and Haralson are merely adequate.
Rotate him in more with Haralson.. Lawson is making plays period!..
In Singletary's latest notebook (17 Nov) he says the same thing about Brooks he did a month ago..."he's coming on and he's coming fast", in response to the question why he's not starting. In another article, I read where both Brooks and Briggs are still learning how to set the edge...that could be why he's not playing more.
Ok I am confused. Just a few weeks ago everyone in here was all fired up about Haralson because he was making plays. He dropped off a little, and now he should be replaced? With a backup?

My question is how much pot are people smoking?
do a 50/50 rotation with harolson. I think with him starting he gets tired and becomes ineffective compared to last year when he was more of a passrusher not an every down OLB
Originally posted by smileyman:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:

Lawson at least has gotten sack since the first game and does not miss a tackle on Chris Johnson on 4th and Inches that cost us the lead

If your refering to the Chris Johnson play, there is a reason why CJ is considered the best back in the league right now.

That missed tackle was all Haralson. He took a bad angle and then used poor form to try and tackle him.

Or he took a normal angle for most RBs and and underestimated the speed and power CJ brings to the table. Anyone can tackle anyone, but the great was are very deceptive.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Ok I am confused. Just a few weeks ago everyone in here was all fired up about Haralson because he was making plays. He dropped off a little, and now he should be replaced? With a backup?

My question is how much pot are people smoking?

Brooks isn't just a back up. Singletary seems to have slapped some sense into this kid to where he is starting to put together his natural ability with some actual effort.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Rotate him in more with Haralson.. Lawson is making plays period!..

Lawson's been getting beat badly the last few weeks.
I think Singletary doesn't start brooks because he might not confidence in him. It wouldn't surprise me that brooks has a lot of mental mistakes and missed assignments but right now it wouldn't hurt because he has shown good things when he has been given a chance.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

Right now they both suck at getting sacks. I think lawson is better in coverage and setting the edge on his side vs run.

I say put him in at Middle Linebacker for Spikes if he's not ready. Brooks > Wilhelm
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I say put him in at Middle Linebacker for Spikes if he's not ready. Brooks > Wilhelm

i like him better on the outside, and wilhelm looked very impressive to me. he was always around the ball
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

i like him better on the outside, and wilhelm looked very impressive to me. he was always around the ball

Yeah he looked really good. He actually looked better than Spikes. Than again he has fresh legs though since he's 6 years younger and hasn't played this season until Thursday vs Chicago.

Brooks is better on the outside, he can get by people and he's strong. MLB is a more instinctual position where he has to know what to do, and at TED a lot of the time he's the first guy in there blocking for Willis. At OLB he just has to go after the QB most of the time he's in there. He's a good pass rusher, he should be playing over Haralson.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Yeah he looked really good. He actually looked better than Spikes. Than again he has fresh legs though since he's 6 years younger and hasn't played this season until Thursday vs Chicago.

Brooks is better on the outside, he can get by people and he's strong. MLB is a more instinctual position where he has to know what to do, and at TED a lot of the time he's the first guy in there blocking for Willis. At OLB he just has to go after the QB most of the time he's in there. He's a good pass rusher, he should be playing over Haralson.

this
Singletary has stated several times that Brooks is improving, but is not yet ready for a full-time gig. I am content seeing him rotated in more. Obviously there is something that he is not doing well enough, yet.
Share 49ersWebzone