There are 167 users in the forums

Its time for Ahmad Brooks to start

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lonneybyrd:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

Lawson at least has gotten sack since the first game and does not miss a tackle on Chris Johnson on 4th and Inches that cost us the lead

If your refering to the Chris Johnson play, there is a reason why CJ is considered the best back in the league right now.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

Lawson at least has gotten sack since the first game and does not miss a tackle on Chris Johnson on 4th and Inches that cost us the lead

If your refering to the Chris Johnson play, there is a reason why CJ is considered the best back in the league right now.

yeah there is players can't tackle!
I dont know about Brooks starting, but I would like to see him on 1st and 2nd down more often, he has good size to defend the run and his pass rushing is improving, maybe this way Haralson will be fresh to rush the QB on 3rd downs
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I dont know about Brooks starting, but I would like to see him on 1st and 2nd down more often, he has good size to defend the run and his pass rushing is improving, maybe this way Haralson will be fresh to rush the QB on 3rd downs

so you want Brooks to play on 1st and 2nd downs and Haralson to come in 3rd downs as a rusher? I'd say that's starting Brooks and sitting Haralson I agree with you!
  • Coach
  • Info N/A
Brooks is a guy who has been given more chances in the NFL than anyone I have ever seen. He should never start or play for that matter because he is totally unreliable. I would take a guy who doesn't make plays over Brooks who busts 90% of the plays he gets in for. Those busts include special teams. CUT HIM!
Originally posted by Coach:
Brooks is a guy who has been given more chances in the NFL than anyone I have ever seen. He should never start or play for that matter because he is totally unreliable. I would take a guy who doesn't make plays over Brooks who busts 90% of the plays he gets in for. Those busts include special teams. CUT HIM!

Yeah cut him. Cos we are so rich in pass rushers.

Where is Homer Simpson when you need him?
  • B650
  • Veteran

Nolan, is that you?
Originally posted by B650:

Nolan, is that you?

Well this guy does pretend to be a coach. I'd say it's Nolan
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well we're nearly at the half point of the season.

Haralson: 1 sack
Lawson: 1.5 sacks

Lawson is better against the run: 32 tackles compared to just 13 by Haralson.

So much for hoping that Haralson would get 10 sacks.

-9fA

6 of them are coming this week against the human tops known as the Packers OL.
Originally posted by matt49er:

so you want Brooks to play on 1st and 2nd downs and Haralson to come in 3rd downs as a rusher? I'd say that's starting Brooks and sitting Haralson I agree with you!

Vice versa, I'd like to see Harlason come out on 3rd downs too and allow Brooks to rush the passer, hopefully we will see Briggs rushing the passer soon also

Originally posted by matt49er:

Vice versa, I'd like to see Harlason come out on 3rd downs too and allow Brooks to rush the passer, hopefully we will see Briggs rushing the passer soon also

I think what you said at first is better.
Haralson has proven to be a one trick pony
He struggles in coverage and offenses run only to his side because he never keeps outside contain.

Brooks in his short time on the field has shown that he is really good against the run and he was a MLB in college and cincy so he should look more natural in coverage.

Let Brooks start and bring Haralson in on 2nd or 3rd and long as a pass rusher
  • Coach
  • Info N/A
Ahmad is either dropping into coverage or rushing up the field on run plays. He is a total liability. His sub-par pass rush comes at the expense of the entire D-line because he can't remember the line games. The Cincy defense that he got cut from was terrible. His 1 good play for 9 bad ones has to go.

So, I take it you don't think much of Brooks.
I like brooks he seems to make plays when hes in or get pressure to the line or qb i think there just letting him learn the system right next year he will be starting maybe
  • smileyman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

That missed tackle was all Haralson. He took a bad angle and then used poor form to try and tackle him.
Share 49ersWebzone