There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Its time for Ahmad Brooks to start

put him in harelsons spot and keep lawson. lawson is excellent at keeping containment on the play, even if he doesnt get the sacks, he is very good all around. brooks is a better pass rusher than harelson, let him pin his ears back and attack
I think Singletary will rotate him in more...don't believe he's ready to sit Haralson yet. Who knows, maybe Parys will have a good game, he's due for one. But, agree, Brooks needs to see the field a LOT more.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Brooks still has a ways to go, the problem with this team is not the D it is the O. QB play and OL, hopefully Alex plays like he did in the 2nd half Sunday and that takes care of the QB. The OL play has been terrible.
A crap O has put the D in terrible position constantly punting from inside their own 10 yard line, fumbling in their own territory etc. (ST hasn't helped), going 3 and out constantly and giving the D no rest
When the O plays well or at least adaquetly the D will follow suit, tons of talent on that side of the ball and Sing knows LBs he's got the right guys playing.
Brooks has alot of potential, fast, strong etc. he is not good against the run, he does give up on plays sometimes, and he has not developed or played the way he was supposed to coming into the league. He also had been bounced around position wise in his career he was a ILB in Cinci and has played both ILB and OLB here in SF.

Well spoken, i agree completely. Rotate him with Parys and we're good on D!
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Singletary will rotate him in more...don't believe he's ready to sit Haralson yet. Who knows, maybe Parys will have a good game, he's due for one. But, agree, Brooks needs to see the field a LOT more.

I agree we need to rotate him in more ------ he's earning that.
It looks like Brooks is starting to take playing time away from Haralson. Anyone else notice that?
  • TFSP
I really haven't seen A. Brooks tackle a RB more than PH, although Brooks is not in on plays much were he could experience run plays. He's definitely more athletic than PH. I don't know.
Yeah I can't wait to see him cover a TE in or play the run!, Brooks appears to be a one trick pony.... albeit a really cool trick! He seems to be able to get after the QB better than the rest of our OLBs, bur in a 3-4 he has be more than that. He should how ever never miss a long yardage down! He so far has not shown himself to be an every down player.
As of right know it's pretty much a fact that Parys and Manny can't rush the passer. I'm for whatever it takes. But how good will Brooks look on a consistent basis is what I don't know abou though.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by lamontb:
As of right know it's pretty much a fact that Parys and Manny can't rush the passer. I'm for whatever it takes. But how good will Brooks look on a consistent basis is what I don't know abou though.

Why Cincy let him go? I mean, for real?
I think we need to definitely draft a Pass Rushing OLB. But for now I think Brooks is better that Harlyson. Also Lawson is good against the run and on pass covarage so we just need someone to compliment him on the other side, A PURE PASS RUSHER ( A MERRIMAN TYPE)
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

Lawson at least has gotten sack since the first game and does not miss a tackle on Chris Johnson on 4th and Inches that cost us the lead
Would like to see Brooks & Briggs on 3rd downs.
He's been making plays when he's in there, so why not give him more snaps?
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

why Mexico. We don't want him
  • titan
  • Veteran
Might as well, Haralson can't even get off blocks or make an open tackle!