There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Its time for Ahmad Brooks to start

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
What do we have to lose, it cant get much worse!

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

I was a big fan but right now, yeah Lawson is playing better. He has 1.5 sacks in the last 2 games and he has to drop in coverage a lot more than Haralson. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks in a lot more for Parys. Parys was a beast vs AZ but he has pretty much been invisible the last 5 games.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

Thoughts?

I agree Haralson is a bum, dude gets paid and does not produce his contract should be voided or trade him to the mexican league for a player to be named later and 10 footballs I don't care about him anymore he's a disappointment.

I wouldn't go that far, but he has dissappointed so far this year. I hope his contract is heavily incentive based, therefore giving brooks some PT would lower his cost

You think lawson is doing better, than haralson?

I was a big fan but right now, yeah Lawson is playing better. He has 1.5 sacks in the last 2 games and he has to drop in coverage a lot more than Haralson. I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks in a lot more for Parys. Parys was a beast vs AZ but he has pretty much been invisible the last 5 games.

thats cuz levi brown is garbage
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nope I don't think he should start yet, but I would love to see him in the rotation more.

Well 49ers release Harris move Briggs onto the 53 man roster.
i wouldnt mind he looked good on sunday and parrys is coming up short
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,400 for stevenking57.

Thoughts?

Mexican league? What did the guy do to you or your sister?
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Rotate him

Doesnt look like we have a pass rusher who can be on the field at all times so we just need to keep legs fresh
Well we're nearly at the half point of the season.

Haralson: 1 sack
Lawson: 1.5 sacks

Lawson is better against the run: 32 tackles compared to just 13 by Haralson.

So much for hoping that Haralson would get 10 sacks.

-9fA
It's actually meaningless who "starts", but Brooks needs to be on the field for more snaps.
I wouldn't start him but do agree with most on here. He should be rotated in more often. Maybe a heavy rotation with our OLB's can help keep them fresh
He's making plays while he's in there, so he has definitely earned more plays. As for starting, I think we need to see more of him before anyone can say that he's ready to be a starter.
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Well we're nearly at the half point of the season.

Haralson: 1 sack
Lawson: 1.5 sacks

Lawson is better against the run: 32 tackles compared to just 13 by Haralson.

So much for hoping that Haralson would get 10 sacks.

-9fA

Man, I like both of them but those are some pretty sorry sack totals,particularly Haralson that's kind of all he's supposed to do
Brooks still has a ways to go, the problem with this team is not the D it is the O. QB play and OL, hopefully Alex plays like he did in the 2nd half Sunday and that takes care of the QB. The OL play has been terrible.
A crap O has put the D in terrible position constantly punting from inside their own 10 yard line, fumbling in their own territory etc. (ST hasn't helped), going 3 and out constantly and giving the D no rest
When the O plays well or at least adaquetly the D will follow suit, tons of talent on that side of the ball and Sing knows LBs he's got the right guys playing.
Brooks has alot of potential, fast, strong etc. he is not good against the run, he does give up on plays sometimes, and he has not developed or played the way he was supposed to coming into the league. He also had been bounced around position wise in his career he was a ILB in Cinci and has played both ILB and OLB here in SF.
Brooks looks good in the pass rush sometimes. I kind of like him.
Brooks looks pretty decent in pass rush but what has really impressed me is his speed and ability to chase down a RB
Originally posted by stevenking57:

Thoughts?

Mexican league? What did the guy do to you or your sister?

Exactly what he does on the field which is nothing.