There are 226 users in the forums

Will Frank Gore have 1000 yds.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Frank Gore have 1000 yds.....

With him missing already a couple of games & a weak performance against Houston is this his 1st season in 3 years that he misses the 1000 yard mark?

I think he misses the mark this season. thank the O-line for it
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
With him missing already a couple of games & a weak performance against Houston is this his 1st season in 3 years that he misses the 1000 yard mark?

I think he misses the mark this season. thank the O-line for it

He already has 273 in only 3 games. Assuming he is healthy the rest of the season he only needs to average 81 yards a game for the duration. I'd say that if he doesn't average 80 yards and doesn't hit 1,000 yards this season we're not going to have a very good record when it's all said and done.

I know he's only averaged over 80 ypg once in his career but that was the last time Alex Smith was the full time starter too. In between that year and this year we've had one OC that had no idea what he was doing (Hostler) and no QB in 2007, and an OC that doesn't like to run at all (Martz) in 2008.

He averaged over 100 ypg in 2006. I'd say he can average at least 80 ypg over the next 9 games given the circumstances.
[ Edited by Gavintech on Oct 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM ]
1000 yards don't mean your and elite back anymore why is this relevant?
He will hit it, but just barely. And 1000 yds really is not the measuring stick anymore....its more like 1300
He needs to average just 72.7 a game.

The real question: Will Frank Gore stay healthy enough to average 72.7 a game for the remainder of the season?
not with the way our oline is playing. someone on the line needs to f**king step up s**t.
frank gore doesn't get a lot of tds, i'm staying away from him in fantasy next year
Originally posted by redrathman:

The real question: Will Frank Gore stay healthy enough to average 72.7 a game for the remainder of the season?

I'm pretty sure there's only 9 games left. He has to average 80.77 ypg.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

No there are 10 games left. He sis right he needs to average 72.7 yards a game.
frank gore is overated as a runner but is a great recieving RB, but is injury prone.

Originally posted by Ramp19Stoner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:

No there are 10 games left. He sis right he needs to average 72.7 yards a game.

I was thinking we were 3-4 for some reason.
I hate to be the "messenger", but Gore does not appear to be the back he was in '06, with or without good line play. He used to be able to make something out of nothing, which is what he's getting a lot of nowadays. He would hit small holes or what appeared to be no holes and somehow get positive yards; often dramatic yards! Breaking tackles was commonplace. I'm just not seeing that now, assuming his ankle is 100%. The pessimist in me says this could be a similar scenario to what happened to LT and Sean Alexander, ie, the shocking decline of a once premier running back. The restb fon the season should tell. Believe me, I hope I'm wrong, because one, I love Gore, and two, we have no viable backup.
If you look at Gore's stats over the past few seasons since he had that one great year, you'll see that he has steadily trended downward. Other than two outstanding runs in the Seattle game this season, the trend also appears to be going downward. You can never be absolutely sure about these things, but I would tend to think that he's going to have a difficult time getting to 1000 yards; and if he does, I can't see him getting much more than a 1000.
I dont think he will ever get back to his 06' form ever again with him being injured at least a few times a year he's not a durable back & with age he wont get any fresher either..........another blow to his quest of 1000 yds is the o-line taking a hit
with Pashos done for the year Snyder will move AGAIN back to RT & inconsistant Rachal gets his job by default thus having Gore rush for average of 2.3 carry's a game

by the way i know that nowadays 1000 yds is not a big deal anymore but when u have a crappy line/back that cant stay healthy u can say thats a pretty big accomplishment
Originally posted by fzrdave:
If you look at Gore's stats over the past few seasons since he had that one great year, you'll see that he has steadily trended downward. Other than two outstanding runs in the Seattle game this season, the trend also appears to be going downward. You can never be absolutely sure about these things, but I would tend to think that he's going to have a difficult time getting to 1000 yards; and if he does, I can't see him getting much more than a 1000.

Yeah I'll wait and see what happens the rest of the season, but I think we should look at an RB early in the draft, especially if we want to be a running team. OL and RB in the first round!
Share 49ersWebzone