There are 189 users in the forums

Let's say we do beat the Colts...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have a better feeling about this game than I did the Texans. I was damn confident we'd lose to Houston. I don't know, I'm bracing myself for something crazy to happen on Sunday, I can feel it.
f**k it, let's just use grizzly bears as our defensive line. we'll for sure win.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
We won't win or anything, but I do think we'll put up some points.

48-21.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I truly believe the 49ers will beat the Colts. I am sure that makes me a homer, but here are my reasons why.

Defensive: Colts do a great job of protecting their QB. We aren't good at getting to the QB anyway. Where we are strong is in our defensive backs. Therefore our defense will match up stronger against the Colts than a team that depends on their pash rush to protect their corners. Does this mean that we will shut down the Colts offense? Certainly not. They will probably still score at least 20 points. But there is a good chance that they won't score 30 or more.

Offense: This really hinges on Alex Smith (and hopefully a line that plays at least as well as they did the second half of the Texan game). If Alex Smith continues to throw the ball like he did against the Texans, then scoring in the high 20s, low 30s is possible. The run game should be better due to the vertical threat, so we may limit the number of times that the ball gets into Peyton's hands as well.

In the end, I expect the game to be close, and to be decided by turnovers. If I were the 49ers, I would use a nickel defense as their base. Let Addai get lots of extra carries. Force the Colts to have long drives instead of quick strikes. The longer the drive, the greater the chance for a turnover to occur - something that the 49er defense is good at producing.
One key to this game will be absolutely NO turnovers on special teams. Two weeks straight with a TO that cost us 7 points per game.
there is very good teams , there are good teams and there are ok teams and there are bad teams . we are OK team. we are not even a good team yeat , and going to play a very good team that is 6-0 their QB on fire , all i have to say is good luck to us.

oh and i forgot one thing we are playing on the road. I know what you are thinking we might , or we could . I am telling you not going to happen take it out of your mind . OL, Ray , and power Running with Sing !
Originally posted by fryet:
I truly believe the 49ers will beat the Colts. I am sure that makes me a homer, but here are my reasons why.

Defensive: Colts do a great job of protecting their QB. We aren't good at getting to the QB anyway. Where we are strong is in our defensive backs. Therefore our defense will match up stronger against the Colts than a team that depends on their pash rush to protect their corners. Does this mean that we will shut down the Colts offense? Certainly not. They will probably still score at least 20 points. But there is a good chance that they won't score 30 or more.

Offense: This really hinges on Alex Smith (and hopefully a line that plays at least as well as they did the second half of the Texan game). If Alex Smith continues to throw the ball like he did against the Texans, then scoring in the high 20s, low 30s is possible. The run game should be better due to the vertical threat, so we may limit the number of times that the ball gets into Peyton's hands as well.

In the end, I expect the game to be close, and to be decided by turnovers. If I were the 49ers, I would use a nickel defense as their base. Let Addai get lots of extra carries. Force the Colts to have long drives instead of quick strikes. The longer the drive, the greater the chance for a turnover to occur - something that the 49er defense is good at producing.

Thats what im talking about!!

ST's will come through for us!
Originally posted by Method:
One key to this game will be absolutely NO turnovers on special teams. Two weeks straight with a TO that cost us 7 points per game.

We could have beaten houston, willis basically got tackled on slaytons run, and battle muffed a punt...
If we win this game I will be super excited for the rest of the year. Most of the news people will wait a week or two before jumping back on the bandwagon. Go 49ers!
The only way we beat the colts if we knock out Peyton Manning out of the game other than that it's a long shot.

• Antix
  • Veteran
If we come out with the idea that we're gonna outscore them i think it may take them for surprise and we may pull out the W.

Im afraid that Raye is gonna go back to his bland offense tho...we'll see
Originally posted by Reckless:
41-0. We get hammered.

I don't think it'll be that bad lol. Their defense won't hold us to 0 points. We have to get the run game going if we think we have a chance in winning this game.
Originally posted by Mex49:
To spare you all a warrning, Ill call myself an idiot for my game day prediction.

Niners for the Win

You must think that roses grow out of your a**
I had the 49ers ranked around 15 or 16 all along, even when they were 3-1. Until they beat a good team outside of the NFC West, I did not think it was wise to rank them in the top 10. If the 49ers upset the Colts, they are easily top 15.

I for one think we have a chance. The Colts have to lose at some point. Why not us is my rallying cry this week
Originally posted by znk916:
Seriously if we do beat them, that it means that Alex Smith has arrived and we are golden from this point forward.

So anyways, lol.

alex is gonna have a horrible game because no one is going to be able to block mathis or freeney not to mention sanders is in the secondary
Share 49ersWebzone