There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Let's say we do beat the Colts...

Do you think we're back to being one of the top 10-15 teams in the NFL, maybe even a premiere team with all this talent, or would you still be pessimistic for another couple of weeks to see what happens?

Colts are 6-0, Peyton Manning looks like he's going to win another MVP award, and their offense is just hitting on all cylinders.

How would you feel about our team if we win against the Colts? At the end of the season, we'll remember that we had a chance to beat Minnesota but it still counts as a Loss, no such thing as Moral Victories. I fiend for a win.

Do I think we win? No, but how would I feel about the team if we did? I would probably feel like we could beat any team left on the schedule. Right now I don't feel like that.
41-0. We get hammered.
Dallas Clark will probably make the hall of fame just based off this game against us.
I'd feel like this team is capable of reaching the playoffs for sure if that happens. With that said, I still think we are capable of beating any team win or lose this Sunday.
Originally posted by Reckless:
41-0. We get hammered.

41-3
Originally posted by Reckless:
41-0. We get hammered.

• Mex49
To spare you all a warrning, Ill call myself an idiot for my game day prediction.

Niners for the Win
Originally posted by Method:
Do you think we're back to being one of the top 10-15 teams in the NFL, maybe even a premiere team with all this talent, or would you still be pessimistic for another couple of weeks to see what happens?

Colts are 6-0, Peyton Manning looks like he's going to win another MVP award, and their offense is just hitting on all cylinders.

How would you feel about our team if we win against the Colts? At the end of the season, we'll remember that we had a chance to beat Minnesota but it still counts as a Loss, no such thing as Moral Victories. I fiend for a win.

Do I think we win? No, but how would I feel about the team if we did? I would probably feel like we could beat any team left on the schedule. Right now I don't feel like that.

If we beat the Colts, I'd be supremely confident in us as well. The tables would turn, IMO. Right now, I don't think we make the playoffs. I see us as an 8 or 9 win team on the brink. I'm hoping Alex is the answer to our offensive problems because we need to get the ball DOWN the field. Jimmy Raye's old ass better not go to his crunched up formations again. We need to SPREAD the Colts out. Alex likes that better anyway. We gotta pass to setup the run. I don't get why that's so hard to figure out.

I think our D can get a few stops and if our offense can move the ball halfway as good as it did in the 2nd half, we'll have a chance of keeping it competitive.

All this being said, I think we lose by about 10.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
C'mon now!!! Niners are gonna dominate!! Just got to get the D to play like they did vs the rams and the O to play like it did since the switch at half time. Simple simon!!!
Originally posted by Leathaface:
If we beat the Colts, I'd be supremely confident in us as well. The tables would turn, IMO. Right now, I don't think we make the playoffs. I see us as an 8 or 9 win team on the brink. I'm hoping Alex is the answer to our offensive problems because we need to get the ball DOWN the field. Jimmy Raye's old ass better not go to his crunched up formations again. We need to SPREAD the Colts out. Alex likes that better anyway. We gotta pass to setup the run. I don't get why that's so hard to figure out.

I think our D can get a few stops and if our offense can move the ball halfway as good as it did in the 2nd half, we'll have a chance of keeping it competitive.

Leatha, I seen some of your posts about Alex lately. You know that I've been a huge fan of his, but that was a different QB we saw on the field on Sunday compared to anything we've seen of him before. Completely changed. Dude was going through his progressions like he's been doing it for years, and damn his throws to VD actually had some loft to them (unlike his usual lasers). Can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

I also feel like we'll lose by like 8 points, but damn if I won't be hyped as f**k for the game. Go niners!
[ Edited by Method on Oct 27, 2009 at 12:11 PM ]
30-something to 24. It wont be a blow out, but we'll definitely lose.
Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

Leatha, I seen some of your posts about Alex lately. You know that I've been a huge fan of his, but that was a different QB we saw on the field on Sunday compared to anything we've seen of him before. Completely changed. Dude was going through his progressions like he's been doing it for years, and damn his throws to VD actually had some loft to them (unlike his usual lasers). Can't wait to see what happens on Sunday.

I also feel like we'll lose by like 8 points, but damn if I won't be hyped as f**k for the game. Go niners!

Yea I must say I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the way he was playing. People can say the Texans were playing soft but I don't really buy that. He came in with a whole half left.

I actually think one of his best throws was the one to Crabtree that Morgan wiped out with his penalty.

He knew where to go with the ball which was huge and I must say, it was nice to see some strikes down the field.

I really hope Smith steps up and takes control of the job bc that way we can focus somewhere other than QB for the draft AND we'd have a nice young core with him, Crabs, Morgan, VD, and Gore (or another RB).
3-4
Seriously if we do beat them, that it means that Alex Smith has arrived and we are golden from this point forward.

So anyways, lol.
I have a good feeling about this game!