LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Does Alex flop in his first start in nearly 2 years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Alex flop in his first start in nearly 2 years.

God I hope not! I'm seriously happy he's starting which is something is never thought would happen......but we desperately need this win and I think that's why we'll beat the colts this Sunday. We're going to catch them sleeping on us and going to shock everyone. Or this grown ass man will cry.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Some fans are wishing that he flops this weekend just to prove themselves right.

Anyone with that mentality should be neutered to prevent them contaminating the worlds gene pool.

way to make illogical assumptions guys
Originally posted by danimal:
Some fans are wishing that he flops this weekend just to prove themselves right.

Anyone with that mentality should be neutered to prevent them contaminating the worlds gene pool.

What is illogical about what I said?

It is an assumption because I never saw a single post from an Alex Hater admitting they wish for Alex to fail.

It is illogical, because it is in the Niners best interest for Alex to succeed, hence it is in a Niners fan's best interest for Alex to succeed. Why would you expect a non 49er fan to spend more than 1 minute on this crazy forum? There is no reason to.

I only see one logical deduction. Every single person posting is a hardcore 49er fan
i hope alex smith does well, i actually think he will.he has finally had the chance to do what he should have done from the beginning and that is watch the game from the sideline. i think he does ok and we have a balanced attack on offense. i remember the dolphins were able to control the clock for over 45 min but they lost because they couldn't get plays out of the passing game. alex smith along with crabtree, morgan vernon davis and even gore can give us big plays in the passing game. IF smith continues to play the way he did sunday, we have a chance to TRULY have a balanced attack on offense, big plays in all out of the running game as well as passing game. on top of that, we wont have to use any of our TWO 1st rd picks on another qb. with smith and davis we would be ok. we could address the OL and pass rush in the draft as well as add more talent to the secondary. the niners would also begin to see results from a player we have ALREADY invested a lot in. besides that, i'm a sucker for stories of redemption. i want to see smith do well, i like to see people bounce back from adversity.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by kronik:
Doesn't the Colts pass defense rank # 1. The real question should be, what are your expectations.

#2 in points, #6 in yardage

I had no idea their pass defense was ranked that high.

They're #19 in run defense, fwiw.

Look at the good passing teams they played? The only good one was the Cards and they went over 300 yards.

I had no idea their pass defense was rated that high. I'm sure it helps that the O usually stays on the field for so long. On the other hand, the other teams were usually playing catch-up. All of the sudden, the Niners look like they might be potentially explosive. I think Morgan really benefits from the emergence of Crabtree and Smith. Like many, as great as Bruce has been, I hope Raye puts the speed on the field. Time to see Jones and Hill.
[ Edited by BHulman on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:10 PM ]
I don't expect Alex to flop. I don't expect him to win a shootout against Peyton Manning either...

It is an assumption because I never saw a single post from an Alex Hater admitting they wish for Alex to fail.

It is illogical, because it is in the Niners best interest for Alex to succeed, hence it is in a Niners fan's best interest for Alex to succeed. Why would you expect a non 49er fan to spend more than 1 minute on this crazy forum? There is no reason to.

I only see one logical deduction. Every single person posting is a hardcore 49er fan

I don't dispute that I made an assumption. Nor did I put quotation marks on the word - fan - if you think that I was implying that they really aren't.

But at the same time, there are a few posters on here (emphasis on "a few" - I am not talking about the majority of fans who have expressed doubts about Alex, including me) who have been so vehemently and emotionally invested in their negative opinion of Alex Smith that I think, consciously or subconsciously, they'd rather that he fails than lose their perceived credibility on this forum.

You can say that sort of behavior is illogical for a Niner fan. I agree.

I don't dispute that I made an assumption. Nor did I put quotation marks on the word - fan - if you think that I was implying that they really aren't.

But at the same time, there are a few posters on here (emphasis on "a few" - I am not talking about the majority of fans who have expressed doubts about Alex, including me) who have been so vehemently and emotionally invested in their negative opinion of Alex Smith that I think, consciously or subconsciously, they'd rather that he fails than lose their perceived credibility on this forum.

I stand corrected. You did not make an illogical assumption....you are just assuming illogical behavior....
If we run plays that suit his talents it will be difficult for Alex to fail

I stand corrected. You did not make an illogical assumption....you are just assuming illogical behavior....

Yes. You've been around NinerTalk long enough. This is surprising to you?
man i hope not last sunday was the first time i have been excited by our offense all season
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
This past sunday there was nearly as much pressure as there will be this week. He came in the second half down by three scores and couldn't do much worse than Hill did in the first half.

Do you think he will crack under the pressure of starting again, especially the Colts and a very important game for us, or will he continue to show signs that he finally "gets it".

I think 9er fans can believe in him cause the Alex we KNEW would have messed up on those passes and that td pass to VD pretty much said it. He's improved and maybe some potential to get us somewhere.
As long as our D can keep the run game locked while pressuring Manning, we might get this win
But I will admit it will be a tough game and i really hope Singletary can get the team pumped and ready
Why are so many so called "fans" whishing that Smith fails? I just don't understand this ideology. You want him to fail all so you can be right about him.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by kronik:
Doesn't the Colts pass defense rank # 1. The real question should be, what are your expectations.

#2 in points, #6 in yardage

I had no idea their pass defense was ranked that high.

They're #19 in run defense, fwiw.

Didn't know that they were that good against the pass.

And not to mention that they've got Freeney and Mathis both of whom i don't think we've got an answer for.

Their defense is better than i thought.

-9fA
Share 49ersWebzone