LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Does Alex flop in his first start in nearly 2 years.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Alex flop in his first start in nearly 2 years.

This past sunday there was nearly as much pressure as there will be this week. He came in the second half down by three scores and couldn't do much worse than Hill did in the first half.

Do you think he will crack under the pressure of starting again, especially the Colts and a very important game for us, or will he continue to show signs that he finally "gets it".
I either want him to do well and establish himself as our QB, or do horribly so we know that the position needs addressing in the off season.
Well that's why they play the games. I think he had more pressure on him in the Houston game. A chance was presented to him and he embraced it. Now the job has been given to him. I think the pressure is off and now he can just play.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I either want him to do well and establish himself as our QB, or do horribly so we know that the position needs addressing in the off season.
My prediction is that he will have at least 2 picks and will be on the run constantly due to our s**tty O-Line! Singletary will get pissed and pull him and we will have another wave of whiners screaming that "He never really got a fair chance to compete to be our starter"!
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

I don't think Indy is going to tell us much , unless of course he lights it up then they may have something
If they make him run the same plays that Hill ran, he will not look as good as he did against the Texans. They need to stick to that spread and use it more.
Originally posted by 9ermj:

I don't think Indy is going to tell us much , unless of course he lights it up then they may have something

true, but I was speaking in general for the remainder of the season.
this is probably his last chance so he could get a case of some nerves, but as long as he doesn't become TO prone.... how bad could it beat the same time he knows how it feels to be road pizza (see suit years)...so the pressure may not get to him at all who knows
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 27, 2009 at 12:00 PM ]
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A

In that case I would agree, but the haters are poised to pounce if he doesn't rip up Indy, they need to ask themselves could Hill have done what Smith did in Houston , I would say no way

We're playing the Colts. Things aren't going to go well for Alex and company.
who's gonna block Freeney and Mathis???
  • JC49
  • Veteran
We'll find out. Tough test in Indy. I hope not.

I hope Alex does well and I hope we address the position in the offseason.
I actually think he's gonna do OK. I don't think we win this game regardless, but if Bill Cosby keeps the spread going, he'll put up numbers and we should move the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone