49ers sign Chris Patrick

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Not a bad pickup. Youth is the only thing working against the man. They grow em' big in Nebraska. He's got the size and tools. He just needs some seasoning.

He'll get it in San Francisco.

Solid pickup IMO.

Should've moved Boone into the line-up!!![wtf]

no shh... doesn't this mean he'll get placed on the 53men roster?
By league rule he must go on the 53 for the balance of the season...as I posted above.

I'm pretty sure its only 3 games, not the balance of the season.
It is for the season. We had this discussion on Sheets. He doesn't have to suit up for games but counts against the 53.
Originally posted by dald1:
if he cant make the chiefs offensive line then he is doomed...the only o-line worse then the niners is the chiefs...

Not anymore.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would've felt better if we still had Joe Toledo on the roster or Jeb Terry. Who the heck is gonna start and be the back up?? Dammit I forgot about Barry Sims.
Not a bad pickup. Youth is the only thing working against the man. They grow em' big in Nebraska. He's got the size and tools. He just needs some seasoning.

Solid pickup IMO.

By league rule he must go on the 53 for the balance of the season...as I posted above.

It is for the season. We had this discussion on Sheets. He doesn't have to suit up for games but counts against the 53.

Exactly... and I remember it being only 3 games from that discussion. Can anyone verify this??
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by dald1:
if he cant make the chiefs offensive line then he is doomed...the only o-line worse then the niners is the chiefs...

Not anymore.

I don't know. Did any of you watch the Redskins game last night? They look putrid.

Solid pickup IMO.

its only 3 games that he is required to be on the 53 man roster

. is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club's 53-player roster or another club's Practice Squad prior to that time.
like that's totally awesome
  • WestCoastNut
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by strickac:
I like that we're not just bringing in another big mauler. That experient has failed us thus far.

To be so light and on a pro roster, he must have some solid technique.

When the Niners had a balanced attack dnd winning super bowls the O line was undersized, nimble, and effective.
6'4" 310 was with us in 08
I would've felt better if we still had Joe Toledo on the roster or Jeb Terry. Who the heck is gonna start and be the back up?? Dammit I forgot about Barry Sims.

I would prefer we start Wragge at RG, which allows Snyder to move back to RT.

Snyder is not a good RT by any stretch, but I can't stand the thought of Sims starting for us. Alex's shoulder will never survive.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
I like that we're not just bringing in another big mauler. That experient has failed us thus far.

When the Niners had a balanced attack dnd winning super bowls the O line was undersized, nimble, and effective.

And we were running the WCO with the late great Bobb McKittrick.
Check this interview out. He seems to be very versatile within the line. Also, pass protection seems to be his forte.

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/chrispatrick070002.html
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Overkill:

I would prefer we start Wragge at RG, which allows Snyder to move back to RT.

Snyder is not a good RT by any stretch, but I can't stand the thought of Sims starting for us. Alex's shoulder will never survive.

Good idea!!! Wragge to RG!!!
can't we bring Marvel Smith back out of retirement???
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:

Shannahon did it in Denver for years. He used undersized lineman that were mainly late-round picks and UDFAs to make his zone blocking scheme run so effectively. During their SuperBowl runs, they had the smallest Oline in the NFL, with not a single lineman over 300lbs.
Share 49ersWebzone