LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 385 users in the forums

Dashon Goldson's progress

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gotta give props to Dashon, the guy has been taking a lot of heat for his missed tackles but that was one great of a game he played last night.

Good job
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
he needs to learn how to wrap up. You can be a big hitter and still wrap up.

yup. I agree. also to me he's the NFL's version of Taylor Mays. just me.
There were many Golson opportunities last night
Who was the player that he layed out? The play where willis intercepted it. Goldson is gonna be a special player for us. He lays the wood everyplay and he is starting to become one of my favorite players.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Who was the player that he layed out? The play where willis intercepted it. Goldson is gonna be a special player for us. He lays the wood everyplay and he is starting to become one of my favorite players.

I'm not sure but Boast needs to make a .gif of that hit
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 27, 2009 at 5:58 PM ]
Dashon would be a probowler if he'd played the first half of the season like the second half.
Originally posted by pelos21:

He is a playmaker. He sells out every play. Sometimes he over commits, but I think with experience he will settle in very nicely. He had 2 good hits today and the gift int. He is always around the ball.
He will be one next year for sure.
Originally posted by OtisDriftwood:
Dashon would be a probowler if he'd played the first half of the season like the second half.

1st season as a starter, 2nd half showed he was starting to get it
  • dj43
Let's not get carried away here. He has shown some nice potential but he also still has a bad case of Killa Keith Disease: he takes bad angles and overplays the ball carrier looking for the big hit instead of wrapping up. He has given up multiple deep passes, including a number of TDs, this year. He needs more discipline if he is to be the safety the team needs.

If Stanton hadn't thrown that pick right at him, he would have been a goat for the PI he commited just prior.

Originally posted by dj43:
Let's not get carried away here. He has shown some nice potential but he also still has a bad case of Killa Keith Disease: he takes bad angles and overplays the ball carrier looking for the big hit instead of wrapping up. He has given up multiple deep passes, including a number of TDs, this year. He needs more discipline if he is to be the safety the team needs.

If Stanton hadn't thrown that pick right at him, he would have been a goat for the PI he commited just prior.

No, he'll always be top-rated in my book; he always has. He doesnt give up too many big plays. Hes got 80+ tackles, always by the ball, will pop YOU if you come running his way, causes collisions and fumbles, good ball skills, hes a leader Bro!
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

No, he'll always be top-rated in my book; he always has. He doesnt give up too many big plays. Hes got 80+ tackles, always by the ball, will pop YOU if you come running his way, causes collisions and fumbles, good ball skills, hes a leader Bro!

I lol'd
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

Not quite sure how you can say that. Please do some research first.

2009 rankings (with Goldson):
* 4th worst in passing defense.
* 10th worst in NFL in giving up passes off over 40 yards.
* 12th worst in the NFL in giving up pass plays off over 20 yards.

2008 rankings (with Roman):
* 13th worst in passing defense
* 2nd worst in the NFL in giving up passes over 40 yards.
* 29th worst in the NFL in giving up passes over 20 yards.

Sure the stats neglect the effect of Harris' and Clements' injuries, but I think it's fair to say that Goldson deserves his share of blame.

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Dec 27, 2009 at 6:54 PM ]

Well Roman has been thrown the ball right at him multiple times in the 4 years he played as a starter and only got 1 int. to show for it. Well I am starting to like Goldson and I see improvement in him especially if he learns the position very well. I would still move him to SS which he is better suited but overall he is doing a great job.
If there was any chance to pair up Berry and Gholdson next season we'd be good to go. But we'd have to move up to get that guy.
Share 49ersWebzone