There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The way Crabtree catches...

Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how people's attitudes regarding this kid have changed in a single game. People went from claiming they don't want him to talking about the possibility of him being a top-5 receiver. So the question must be asked: was it really necessary for the majority of the Zone to bad-mouth the kid knowing they would be on his jock the first time he made any sort of contribution to the team? I think not.

It's ninertalk, overreaction is what we do

THAT ^^^ AND then some!
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I thought about it, and I couldn't think of another player to avoid ridicule, so I'm gonna go ahead and say it.

He catches the ball like Jerry Rice.

He just kind of absorbs the ball into himself.

He also seems to have a very quick mind, with very quick movements.

Jerry Rice is the one player he reminds me of.

Rice never wasted an inch of movement, or nanosecond of time.

He looks like a very raw Jerry Rice, because Rice ran crisper routes (no one has ever run better routes) and always instantaneously made just the right move which gave him the most yards possible after the catch.

Crabtree is not close to that, but physically and mentally, it is very similar.

I actually agree. The way he runs precise routes, makes quick cuts, and catches the ball does remind me of Jerry Rice. He's similar in size too. It remains to be seen how well Crabtree handles double teams, if he gets caught from behind, if he can stretch the field, etc. We'll find out more next week.

I see part of Mr Rice's success was due to something noone Ive seen mention... Mr Rice had one of the BEST #2 recievers in the game playing the otherside named John Taylor. That man could catch and he Knew how to throw the block downfield to help spring Mt Rice for more yds and maybe even stretch it to a TD.

Thing is do the Niners have that John Taylor on the team now? I guess maybe Vernon Davis could fit that bill as the TE but he's like a WR with the speed
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
All I know is that I feel bad for Heyward-Bey and Raiders fans, because Al Davis screwed them both by passing on Crabtree. Heyward-Bey will always be known as the guy who was drafted way too high by an insane owner and will forever be compared to the Crab-man.

how about the safety they drafted in the second round? He was ranked like the 73rd best safety in the draft!
Football players who have played a lot of basketball, too, usually have the best hands (technique and aggressiveness) in catching the ball. Singletary seemed to enjoy watching Crabtree's catches on film, kinda like football pr0n I guess.
Originally posted by jaysto7017:
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
It's funny how people's attitudes regarding this kid have changed in a single game. People went from claiming they don't want him to talking about the possibility of him being a top-5 receiver. So the question must be asked: was it really necessary for the majority of the Zone to bad-mouth the kid knowing they would be on his jock the first time he made any sort of contribution to the team? I think not.

It's ninertalk, overreaction is what we do

THAT ^^^ AND then some!

Not at all surprising.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Football players who have played a lot of basketball, too, usually have the best hands (technique and aggressiveness) in catching the ball. Singletary seemed to enjoy watching Crabtree's catches on film, kinda like football pr0n I guess.

i'm not gonna lie. Every time crabs caught a ball, I chubbed up a bit.
The way Crabtree catches the ball gives me an erection
It shouldn't be surprising to see how Crabtree catches the ball. Just look at any highlight tape of his college games. That's how he catches every single pass. It never gets to his body. That's why I jumped off the couch when we drafted him. He's going to be a great player for us. I'm excited to see what him and Alex can do from here on out. I don't know about this week, but for the remainder of the year we could start to see something good to build on.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEm2YoSd750

god i wish i had an embedder
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

god i wish i had an embedder

You can use mine! But only this time. You'll have to get your own sooner or later.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM ]
I love his aggression! The guy's a ball-hawkl!!!! Runs routes...MAD!!!! Love it!!!!
snags balls out of the air like jenna jameson.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
After seeing so many dropped balls it was nice to see him come in and catch everything that came his way, even in tight coverage. Didn't look like a rookie. I hope he keeps that up and doesn't burn in the future with any rookie mistakes. We need to start seeing the run after the catch yardage he was known for. Then maybe between Vernon, Frank, and Crabtree, our offense will start to breathe.
  • CrabtreeMVP
  • Info N/A
At Tech, during crab's freshman year, they had this giant crab on Broadway near the stadium.

Y'all need to get one for tailgating..

..turns me on