There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Resigning Willis just got really expensive

Ware just signed a 6 year $78 million extension with $40M guaranteed?!?!?!?!?!

How much is Willis going to want?

Link
[ Edited by 9erReign on Oct 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM ]
he will want to stay with Singletary(if he is still around) At least I hope that is how he wants it
  • omarl02
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Ware just signed a 6 year $78 million extension with $40M guaranteed?!?!?!?!?!

How much is Willis going to want?

Link

idc how much he wanst he can have more then ware he deserves it
Willis deserves "Best linebacker in the league" money!
Originally posted by verb1der:
Willis deserves "Best linebacker in the league" money!

Scary thing is he may be the best player in the league, so anybody wanna add up what that title is worth LB or not, jeez, still we gotta keep em obviously.
Ware's deal has nothing to do with Willis. Ware gets elite pass rusher money being an OLB/DE.
Willis will get good money being the best ILB in football, but Ware's deal will have nothing to do with it. Now, if someone like Beason, DeMeco Ryans, or Dansby signed a HUGE insane contract... THEN I could see Willis' price tag going SKY HIGH. Ware, not so much.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Ware's deal has nothing to do with Willis. Ware gets elite pass rusher money being an OLB/DE.
Willis will get good money being the best ILB in football, but Ware's deal will have nothing to do with it. Now, if someone like Beason, DeMeco Ryans, or Dansby signed a HUGE insane contract... THEN I could see Willis' price tag going SKY HIGH. Ware, not so much.

this
To get the finest Ferrari in the Land, you're going to have to pay. No matter what new contracts other linebackers get, Willis' next contract is going to be an Oh-My-God-er of a contract. All market factors considered, you won't be able to say that he doesn't deserve it.
Originally posted by znk916:

this

yeah, i'm not sure how much of a direct effect ware's contract will have, but regardless, Willis will require a big contract, he deserves it, and we'll give it to him.

yea, Ware has the pass rusher premium. Willis should get in the range of 6 yrs, $50M range. Give or take a few million.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

yea, Ware has the pass rusher premium. Willis should get in the range of 6 yrs, $50M range. Give or take a few million.

Exactly!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I know it would never happen..but Willis the kind of guy I could see signing for vets minimum to help the team.
so what? Willis would be worth every penny.
It was always going to be expensive. He's the centerpiece of our defense and one of the best young defenders in the league. We need to lock him up regardless of the cost.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
so what? Willis would be worth every penny.