There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Video of the 4th down INT

Originally posted by B_Carmine:

Someone should tell Heitmann that there are no nice guys in football. He goes up to make a light tag only to get jacked up by a DB.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by B650:
How do we know he was throwing to VD to begin with? There was another 49ers WR right there too.

According to this vid this pass was intended for Bruce.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Players-React-to-HOU-Loss/f9b49dbe-ca4b-4393-971a-e7e58788697f

If that's the case, how can that possibly be the right decision? He looked like he had about 3 Texans around him.

It looked like he had a big window to me. This is the NFL, people are going to be around the ball sometimes. Not everything is going to be wide open. Smith threw the ball in the proper window. Over the corner and in front of the safety.

No, that was just a bad throw (it looked like a duck pass, he may have gotten hit), that pass didn't look like anything he threw before.

He didnt get hit he got brushed and I doubt that caused a 15yd under throw. I think its obvious that the pass sailed due to the pressure not under thrown.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
gore ftw

watch that play and keep an eye on gore

watch the LB's and their position, they know where Gore is, the point of the zone that they are running is to give up the short routes and gang tackle the player, Gore had almost no shot of converting 11 yds on that D, it is setup to stop that route along with several others, ideally a slant is the best route against it but it was not called so it didnt happen.

Not only that but on 4th down you have to throw the ball past the sticks. You really cant leave anything to chance at that point. You have to at least give yourself a legitimate shot at the first down.

This
Originally posted by Mospeed:
I saw that too. They keep saying he was passing to Bruce but it looked more like he was aiming for VD but couldn't step into the throw.

That's what I thought too, since he was his favorite target yesterday.

Yep.VD had the coverage beat on that last play imo. If it wasnt for the interuption at the line I honestly believe that the way the momentum was going that would of been a TD.
Guys, notice this is a 4-man stunt rush? 5 guys can't pick-up 4 and the OL collapses almost immediately. Given this is basically how our personnel generates pass rush with Smith and Haralson, I'm really disappointed we are not able to pick these up more often. The stunt completely confuses the OL.

Protection breaks down in 3 seconds.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Someone should tell Heitmann that there are no nice guys in football. He goes up to make a light tag only to get jacked up by a DB.

got damn our interior oline is straight up garbage
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Its shocking how bad they are

you know looking at it you can clearly tell Alex had a ton of pressure in his face. You could also see Morgan was totally covered. the DB there was in position to make a play and slows down and turns his head. Vernon..i dont know if he got behind the coverage or that Wilson saw the pass was slowing down?or maybe he read it was going to Bruce.

That being said you see Gore get out in teh flats. the ILB is in the middle of the field while Gore is on the left side running. He puts his hand out to call for the ball. As far as i can count most of the players seemed to be either way way deep. or near the middle to left side of the field. The Corner covering the reciever on the left seemed to be shadowing him for a Go-route. it seemed teh flat was clear. and maybe Gore thought he was clear for teh 1st down too. nv what do you think?
Originally posted by znk916:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d813ad7ce/Texans-seal-win-with-interception

Looks like Smith couldn't step into his throw because of pressure from the left side (thanks Staley and Baas). He was going for VD on the skinny post yet again.

Basically, it wasn't Smith's fault I think.

Yes. I new if he threw a bit harder with some more touch.

out route wide open first down.... he's got to make that read!@!
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Oct 26, 2009 at 8:14 PM ]
Smith would've needed more time to even get around to checking down to Gore imo.
I was at the game at field level. This is just my opionion I feel Davis had the coverage beat and it looked as if he was the intended rcvr. Gore was open on that left side and they could of gained a easy 10yrds or more plus the option of getting out of bounds to stop the clock,if Smith looked that way. Most of the defence was on that right side and in the middle playing the prevent. Maybe if Smith hit gore on the edge the outcome might of been different or better blocking by the line would of gave him more time to follow thru with his throw. A bunch of what ifs coming from me.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

out route wide open first down.... he's got to make that read!@!

Are you talking about Morgan(I think) on that play? He was like 4 yards from the first down dude.

If Smith doesn't get hit that's another TD and we win the game
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
How do we know he was throwing to VD to begin with? There was another 49ers WR right there too.

According to this vid this pass was intended for Bruce.

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Players-React-to-HOU-Loss/f9b49dbe-ca4b-4393-971a-e7e58788697f

If that's the case, how can that possibly be the right decision? He looked like he had about 3 Texans around him.

It looked like he had a big window to me. This is the NFL, people are going to be around the ball sometimes. Not everything is going to be wide open. Smith threw the ball in the proper window. Over the corner and in front of the safety.

No, that was just a bad throw (it looked like a duck pass, he may have gotten hit), that pass didn't look like anything he threw before.

He didnt get hit he got brushed and I doubt that caused a 15yd under throw. I think its obvious that the pass sailed due to the pressure not under thrown.

Yes. Not only that, but VD was running a skinny post towards the sideline. Smith's pass was towards the middle of the field, where Isaac Bruce was headed. I'm not saying it was a bad decision, but I don think the intended target was VD at all. If the O-Line gave him half a second more, he could've found VD and hit him in stride.
Originally posted by jta854:

Its shocking how bad they are

baas and staley are backpedaling the whole time... i'm no o-line coach, but i think they're supposed to drive the d-line the other way..... no?