LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Totally Dysfunctional Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners are a train wreak, totally dysfunctional, their actions do not match there words. Internal fortitude, strength of character, and success comes when inner thought, action and words are all in alignment.

Let me give a few examples,

"We will be a running team and impose our will" = Words

We draft Crabtree, while passing on Oher, or Beannie Wells.= Action

We DON"T bring in any free agent O-linemen in free agency, not even for work outs.
Then we sign Jones at Wr. = Action

We let Sheets get away, Keeping only two running backs (Mrob is a not an NFL caliber RB, he is a converted QB) = Action

We keep 6-7? WR on the roaster= Action

We let Billy Bajema a blocking TE go = Action

Either we are being lied to, or Singletary is lying to himself, or mabye just maybe, ScottyM is not on the same page as Sing, either way it does not look good for our Niners going forward.

Our roster is a shambles, we need to decide who we really are, are we a tough hard nosed running team, then we need to cut Hill, Spurlock, and Ziggy becuase they will never be the blockers we need.

Are we a deep ball passing team, then we need to say good by to Battle, Bruce and Mrob.

Are we a "west coast" short passing team relying on the R.A.C., well then....

I think you get my point we need to decide who we are and taylor our roster to fit. We seem to be hedging our bets and hoping an identity will some how evolve, that way lies disaster.

Sing and Scotty need to be on the same page, come out and say what the direction is and stick with it!

One thing is certain we are not a running team.

Just my thoughts take it for what it is worth.
"Dysfunctional" is the wrong word.

A better word would be "schizophrenic." It seems on offense we are moving in 10 different directions.
More than the Raiders, Rams, and/or Redskins? We are probably not as good as we thought and would like to be....but "Dysfunctional"? I like the shake ups Sing is doing bc its showing me that he's looking for the best players and he wants to win!!!!!

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 26, 2009 at 2:10 PM ]
I think it's time to panic.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I'm not panicked, I am just pointing out what feel is the core problem for this team, this team will be okay, but I want winners! and we will not get winners until we have resolve and focus from the front office down to the water boys! Everyone on the same page all in drinking the kool-aid and selling out, If Scotty and Sing aren't going in the same direction, it spells trouble sooner rather than later.
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 26, 2009 at 2:17 PM ]

Scotty is building the team up to support his quarterback's strengths. Coach wants the team to be something that it's not.

What we have here is. . . failure to communicate.

Seriously, though, if you look at the people that Scotty has brought in since drafting Alex, how can you say that the GM is trying to build the team up to be a running team?
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
The Niners are a train wreak, totally dysfunctional, their actions do not match there words. Internal fortitude, strength of character, and success comes when inner thought, action and words are all in alignment.

Let me give a few examples,

"We will be a running team and impose our will" = Words

We draft Crabtree, while passing on Oher, or Beannie Wells.= Action

We DON"T bring in any free agent O-linemen in free agency, not even for work outs.
Then we sign Jones at Wr. = Action

We let Sheets get away, Keeping only two running backs (Mrob is a not an NFL caliber RB, he is a converted QB) = Action

We keep 6-7? WR on the roaster= Action

We let Billy Bajema a blocking TE go = Action

Either we are being lied to, or Singletary is lying to himself, or mabye just maybe, ScottyM is not on the same page as Sing, either way it does not look good for our Niners going forward.

Our roster is a shambles, we need to decide who we really are, are we a tough hard nosed running team, then we need to cut Hill, Spurlock, and Ziggy becuase they will never be the blockers we need.

Are we a deep ball passing team, then we need to say good by to Battle, Bruce and Mrob.

Are we a "west coast" short passing team relying on the R.A.C., well then....

I think you get my point we need to decide who we are and taylor our roster to fit. We seem to be hedging our bets and hoping an identity will some how evolve, that way lies disaster.

Sing and Scotty need to be on the same page, come out and say what the direction is and stick with it!

One thing is certain we are not a running team.

Just my thoughts take it for what it is worth.

I think people take the running game comment a little too literally

Draft Crabtree (had there not been an extended holdout this would be a mute point

What "quality" FA O-linemen were there?

Let Sheets get away. Big deal a flash in the pan in preseason when thirds/fourths and experimental personell packages are being utilized. Back field pressence was horrible. Good legs do not make for a complete back.

I'll give you the over abundance of WRs

Bajema with Davis and Walker performing like they are no complaints here

You want to taylor the roster. Fine but you have to work with what you got. You can't blow up the roster and assume every free agent will want to come here.

You want a defined direction? I'll give you one. What ever it takes to win. Appearantly you missed that yesterday. Would Nolan of had the guts to switch up the O to the spread offence?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I can't believe you posted this today. I thought most had a warm fuzzy feeling after watching the Smith and Crabtree coming out party, I guess not.

i agree, this team is f**ked up. a lot of the time its not in a bad way though, but we are kind of a weird team.... its probably inconsistency, but we will get it right
It's funny you take those remarks a bit out of context.

Knowing that Alex won't be ready and Hill will start the season as the #1 with all of his limitations, you obviously have to be a run-first offense.

Now that Smith is ready, and we do have a few weapons in place, you can open up this offense and possibly be a pass-first offense which will benefit the running game eventually.

It all depends on the Quarterback.

Makes sense to me.
We should be a downfield passing team that spreads the D out and then sends Gore up the middle. We don't have the personnel to be a power running team. Our QB has a good arm, we have a bunch of young WRs, a beast TE, a back who can catch the ball well, etc. Sing wants to be a running team because he is a tough guy, but we aren't going to be able to run the ball the way he wants to. At the same time I feel like if Smith had been the QB since the opener we could've done more stuff down the field and that would've opened things up for Frank. I like our offensive personnel but not our OL. Sing and Scot may not be on the same page but after seeing that Crabtree is the real deal, I rather have him than Oher or the other guys. Crabtree is a play maker. We got 3 guys who can make plays now, a RB Gore, a TE Davis, and now we have the WR to open it up for them. We should be an explosive offense. Our other WRs are good but they are role players. Bruce=Posession guy. Jones=burner. Morgan=good number 2 WR. But Crabtree is the guy that makes it all come together IMO, the guy the QB can rely on. Scot has drafted some really good players. We just still need more help on the OL. Hill was limiting what we could do offensively.
Originally posted by BobS:
I can't believe you posted this today. I thought most had a warm fuzzy feeling after watching the Smith and Crabtree coming out party, I guess not.

I think we're still looking for an identity and some consistency. We're not the run-through-everybody team that most fans envisioned.

That being said, i wouldn't call our team "dysfunctional"

-9fA
Originally posted by BobS:

That's funny. I feel like we just lost a second straight game.
Share 49ersWebzone