LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 440 users in the forums

Official Alex Smith is our starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cNiner:
f**king great now we can't throw short has to be deep !

i have no idea what your talking about.... alex can throw short and deep.... we have a great tandem at wr now
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by cNiner:
f**king great now we can't throw short has to be deep !

i have no idea what your talking about.... alex can throw short and deep.... we have a great tandem at wr now

Even if he couldn't throw short, what's better, only being able to throw short or only being able to throw deep?

The posts I read on here sometimes are ridiculous.
When is the last time anyone here can say they were excited for a game against a TOP nfl team. Usually its expected well pound it with Frank Gore and if that doesn't work we lose. I am so PUMPED for this weekend, Smith has an arm, and he finally has weapons EVERYWHERE. From Crabtree to Morgan, Davis to Walker, Gore to him scrambling there are so many options for this team now. I don't know if were good enough to pull a win out against the Colts, but I'm gonna admit I'm really anxious to see the game and this offense for the first time in a LONG TIME.
Originally posted by Thrash88:
When is the last time anyone here can say they were excited for a game against a TOP nfl team. Usually its expected well pound it with Frank Gore and if that doesn't work we lose. I am so PUMPED for this weekend, Smith has an arm, and he finally has weapons EVERYWHERE. From Crabtree to Morgan, Davis to Walker, Gore to him scrambling there are so many options for this team now. I don't know if were good enough to pull a win out against the Colts, but I'm gonna admit I'm really anxious to see the game and this offense for the first time in a LONG TIME.

When we played the Falcons

We all remember how that turned out
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I wasn't excited against the Falcons. I was disappointed that Crabtree wasn't going to play and that Shaun Hill was still our QB. I was hoping that we'd be able to stay in the game against a well-rested Falcons team.

Now, I'm actually excited to see if we can put up some points against the Colts and hopefully force Manning to make some bad throws. If Arizona can beat the New York, anything is possible.
Originally posted by backontop:
every Hillusionist on this forum is crying themselves to sleep for the next few days

but but hill is clutch
Originally posted by ads_2006:

ya but who was the qb? ohhhh ya, I had zero faith in our offense before that game especially when gore out
LISTEN! I agree that Alex Smith played well, but the Texans didnt game plan on him, and they were up by 21. I really hope that Alex will be successful, but remember that teams are not going to game plan for him (blitzes, stunts) and this may pose a problem for him. But regardless of who our starting qb is, I will support him! Lets go Alex Smith! (I cant believe I just said that)
But Alex has small hands and fumbles all the time. LOL

I just hope he corrected this because the oline is not any better than it was 2-3 years ago.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
LISTEN! I agree that Alex Smith played well, but the Texans didnt game plan on him, and they were up by 21. I really hope that Alex will be successful, but remember that teams are not going to game plan for him (blitzes, stunts) and this may pose a problem for him. But regardless of who our starting qb is, I will support him! Lets go Alex Smith! (I cant believe I just said that)

damn the hillusionists just can't stop hating on Smith. now who is the one making excuses? the texans didn't gameplan for Smith? Are you serious? They are a professional football and should be able to deal with the back up QB(even if he is better than the starter) So when Hill is in the game the defenses are not blitzing? Listen Hill sucked and has always sucked. Smith came in and outplayed him by miles and is now the starter and you Hillusionists just can't let it go. the noodle arm was the reason for the poor offensive performances!

I agree, Alex had it pretty easy. They only rushed three and four the second half and their secondary is near the bottom of the league. So I wouldn't get too excited by what Smith did just yet. Let's see how he handles the pressure.
Originally posted by skibeerski:

I agree, Alex had it pretty easy. They only rushed three and four the second half and their secondary is near the bottom of the league. So I wouldn't get too excited by what Smith did just yet. Let's see how he handles the pressure.

they were rushing 3 and 4 and STILL GETTING PRESSURE! If anything he had to thread the needle with his passes due to more defenders out in coverage. your ideology if flawed
Originally posted by backontop:

damn the hillusionists just can't stop hating on Smith. now who is the one making excuses? the texans didn't gameplan for Smith? Are you serious? They are a professional football and should be able to deal with the back up QB(even if he is better than the starter) So when Hill is in the game the defenses are not blitzing? Listen Hill sucked and has always sucked. Smith came in and outplayed him by miles and is now the starter and you Hillusionists just can't let it go. the noodle arm was the reason for the poor offensive performances!

Really, Hill has always sucked?

Even though he faced a bad Texans D, and caught them off guard when we showed off his arm and the spread offense, I still give credit to Alex for playing that well. (the same way I gave credit to Hill when he came in against the Vikings last year for the half and played well)

After seeing what Alex can do, I have no doubt in my mind anymore who should be the starting QB. It's his job to lose now, just like it was Hill's. I think it's safe to assume that most fans now would want Smith to start after seeing what he did.

And it wasn't so much Hill that was the problem with the offense, it was the way he was being used, if he would've came out in that spread offense, I'm sure we would've moved the ball better, not as good as we did with Alex, but at least a couple of more first downs / 3rd down conv. Image what Alex would've done with Hill's play calling? about the same thing, just a little better.

Alex has always been the more talented QB, duh; his problem was just his inability to adapt to the NFL, and make good throw/reads on a consistent basis. Hopefully all this time sitting on the bench learning has served him well, and it will continue to show going forward.
Originally posted by skibeerski:

he was still getting pressure so we knows how he reacts i think we should leave him in shotgun similar to peyton manning does he seems to do better like that
Alex feeling confident

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2009/10/smiths-improved-confidence-shows.html
Share 49ersWebzone