There are 182 users in the forums

Official Alex Smith is our starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
On Sunday, Alex should stare down a receiver on each play and then quickly throw it to another guy.

Championship.

The Hook and Ladder on every play!
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
I think Alex is the ultimate high risk-high reward player for us in the sense that:

IF Smith's mind really has "clicked" and he has become the "dynamite" player Meyer said he'd be once he "gets it..." then...wow. We have a VERY special player on our hands and our starting franchise QB for the next 10+ years. If Smith can play like he did on Sunday more often (obviously not all the time) then we can win titles.

BUT....(the "risk part")

IF Smith was just a product of the circumstance and he goes into inconsistent Alex mode and what we saw was an abberation then...well..we draft another QB and Alex will be a bust.

It will be interesting to see. I dont really buy the idea that "Hooostuhn reelacksed dood.." or "Alecks had nutheeing to looose dood!" Who cares really. When Alex was playing it wasnt about Houstons defensive breakdowns more than it was about Alex's WELL PLACED throws and doing the things we've been wanting him to do since 06.

I mean look at this 3 TD game vs the 3 TD game vs Oakland. Clear difference. Back then Alex was playing "well" against shoddy defenses that broke down. In other words, defenses made mistakes therefore Alex had to capitalize...NOW...Houstons defense played well but Alex picked them apart and basically let it rip. Alex CREATED the plays this time. So its very different now and no I dont think this was a blue moon type deal. He could be the real deal. Obviously we'll see, but I believe it more NOW than I did after good games before.

He looked like he did in college against the Texans. He might have finally come around. I have said it all along that Nolan should write a book on how to least effectively develop NFL players.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I think Alex is the ultimate high risk-high reward player for us in the sense that:

IF Smith's mind really has "clicked" and he has become the "dynamite" player Meyer said he'd be once he "gets it..." then...wow. We have a VERY special player on our hands and our starting franchise QB for the next 10+ years. If Smith can play like he did on Sunday more often (obviously not all the time) then we can win titles.

BUT....(the "risk part")

IF Smith was just a product of the circumstance and he goes into inconsistent Alex mode and what we saw was an abberation then...well..we draft another QB and Alex will be a bust.

It will be interesting to see. I dont really buy the idea that "Hooostuhn reelacksed dood.." or "Alecks had nutheeing to looose dood!" Who cares really. When Alex was playing it wasnt about Houstons defensive breakdowns more than it was about Alex's WELL PLACED throws and doing the things we've been wanting him to do since 06.

I mean look at this 3 TD game vs the 3 TD game vs Oakland. Clear difference. Back then Alex was playing "well" against shoddy defenses that broke down. In other words, defenses made mistakes therefore Alex had to capitalize...NOW...Houstons defense played well but Alex picked them apart and basically let it rip. Alex CREATED the plays this time. So its very different now and no I dont think this was a blue moon type deal. He could be the real deal. Obviously we'll see, but I believe it more NOW than I did after good games before.

He looked like he did in college against the Texans. He might have finally come around. I have said it all along that Nolan should write a book on how to least effectively develop NFL players.

BUT....(the "risk part")

Yeah no kidding. That's why i don't understand why ppl dismiss the reasons for Alex's struggles as Excooooses.

At the end of the day u gotta ask yourself before bashing: "If Smith had the the luxuries Rodgers and Manning had their first few years how would he be?" Smith looked great after sitting and learning (by watching) for 7 weeks. Imagine Smith watching for two years...

BUT....(the "risk part")

Yeah no kidding. That's why i don't understand why ppl dismiss the reasons for Alex's struggles as Excooooses.

At the end of the day u gotta ask yourself before bashing: "If Smith had the the luxuries Rodgers and Manning had their first few years how would he be?" Smith looked great after sitting and learning (by watching) for 7 weeks. Imagine Smith watching for two years...

B

I

N

G

O
well he sat out the later part of 07 and got to watch, sat out ALL of 08 and got to watch, and early on THIS season and got watch.. This is his year to show who he really is, and to play QB for years to come and win championships for the SF 49ers. ohh man how i will pee my pants if we win and he throws 20-30comp. 300+yds 3+tds

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
well he sat out the later part of 07 and got to watch, sat out ALL of 08 and got to watch, and early on THIS season and got watch.. This is his year to show who he really is, and to play QB for years to come and win championships for the SF 49ers. ohh man how i will pee my pants if we win and he throws 20-30comp. 300+yds 3+tds

i doubt that will happen against the colts but will happen against titans

edit: my bad for some reason posted twice
[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

i doubt that will happen against the colts but will happen against titans

3 words...

"Any Given Sunday!"

I BELIEVE!!

GO ALEX SMITH!

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:

He actually looks like an NFL QB. I'm rooting for him.

2009: Confident dude with bench time > 2005: Nervous/silly kid coming out of college.

2009 Uniforms > 2005 Uniforms.

2009 Alex Smith > 2005 Alex Smith.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Alex has been freed, I can now stop protesting.

SAME HERE
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

2009: Confident dude with bench time > 2005: Nervous/silly kid coming out of college.

RICH....nervous/silly kid coming out of college

Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

RICH....nervous/silly kid coming out of college

the montana era had the classic jerseys. steve young won his superbowl with a different jersey. alex smith will win his superbowl(s) in these jerseys new franchise QB needs a new jersey. alex's confidence looked like it was through the roof against houston, ive never seen him fired up like that and comanding the whole offense. crank it up alex!!!
Share 49ersWebzone