LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

who thinks we should stick with the spread offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

who thinks we should stick with the spread offense?

I think this offense will open it up more & make defenses defend the whole field now which in turn also opens up the run.
  • JC49
  • Veteran
Can't be any worse than what we've been doing (or not doing) and it's a hell of a lot mor fun to watch. Spread it out.
whatever we ran in the 2nd half of the Texans game is what we should stick to. You'd be an idiot to go back to what you've been doing all year.
Stop with the simple bs and start spreading the ball around. We have playmakers at every offensive position (besides o-line).
The spread won't work in the NFL talk is a myth.

They said it wouldn't work in HS because QBs aren't good enough at that level to throw consistently ... they were wrong.

They said it wouldn't work in college because defenses were too fast ... they were wrong.

They said it wouldn't work at a major college because big-time programs would shut it down ... they were wrong.

They said it would never work in the SEC or big12 ... they were wrong.

They said 'well no one who runs it will ever win a BCS game' ... they were wrong.

They now say it's great for college but it will not work in the NFL ...
I'm sure you know where this is going.
[ Edited by cestmoi on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:43 AM ]
Originally posted by cestmoi:
The spread won't work in the NFL talk is a myth.

They said it wouldn't work in HS because QBs aren't good enough at that level to throw consistently ... they were wrong.

They said it wouldn't work in college because defenses were too fast ... they were wrong.

They said it wouldn't work at a major college because big-time programs would shut it down ... they were wrong.

They said it would never work in the SEC or big12 ... they were wrong.

They said 'well no one who runs it will ever win a BCS game' ... they were wrong.

They now say it's great for college but it will not work in the NFL ...
I'm sure you know where this is going.

The best offenses in the league are spread offenses haha. I'm all for running it.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:45 AM ]
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Whatever will work for us..."SPREADCOAST" baby
I dont know about you guys, but I definitely dont mind a pass first, run second offense..

LOOK at our receivers...

Crabtree, Morgan, Bruce, and Jones... These are 4 solid receivers... I definitely think we should use gore, but the spread offense with alex smith sounds too good to me to just pass up because we have all the right weapons for it.

pluse gore's runs wont be stuffed five yards behind scrimmage because of 8 man fronts.

last game was a perfect example for the potential of spread offense with alex smith. Open the playbook up a little.. j

im not saying to always use it, but saying that many plays with it wont hurt
I think our players can play in that style, but I don't know if they're ready for it. Our offense is very young, with the exception of Bruce and Gore. Everyone else is still maturing into their roles, even VD and Alex.

I think slowly but surely, they should work that into the offense.
it seems like the obvious thing to do, but you never know what Singray has in mind...it will be a very interesting to see what happens -interwebz gangsta

Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:
it seems like the obvious thing to do, but you never know what Singray has in mind...it will be a very interesting to see what happens -interwebz gangsta

yea but I think we are definitely going to have to throw playing agianst payton manning... im just saying why not spread?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
we saw some of it vs Houston, so if it works why not? It's something he did a lot at Utah right? Just allow him to be successful
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
we saw some of it vs Houston, so if it works why not? It's something he did a lot at Utah right? Just allow him to be successful

exactly my point thank u
Originally posted by Ninerman49:
Originally posted by GORE-ILLA:

yea but I think we are definitely going to have to throw playing agianst payton manning... im just saying why not spread?

i agree it would make the most sense to us fans...but like i said the coaches might have a totally different outlook on the whole thing...i wouldn't be supprised if we see alot of forced meaningless running up the gut...don't get me wrong i would love to see a shootout, but Singray will prob try to keep this one as close and ugly as possible. -interwebz gangsta
  • 49Wild
  • Info N/A
Its very easy to see, this should be a caps lock "YES" Alex came from that system at Utah, had his best season in a somewhat spread system when Norv was calling the plays. (Norv runs the digtal system we use now) that type of offense fits what we have on offense anyway. If you are putting your best guys on the field then it fits. We dont power block very well, and we have more wideouts, and tight ends then the legal limit that can catch and run. I say put them all on the field and lets see what you get. at this point it cant be worse then a offense that ranks as low as were we are now.
Share 49ersWebzone