There are 156 users in the forums

Looking ahead to the Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We need to blitz a LOT if we are to even stand a chance. If Peyton gets comfortable in the pocket it's going to be a long day. We'll need constant pressure from the defense, and to eat up the clock when we do get the ball.

Unfortunately this is a lot easier said than done.
Originally posted by baltien:
We need to blitz a LOT if we are to even stand a chance. If Peyton gets comfortable in the pocket it's going to be a long day. We'll need constant pressure from the defense, and to eat up the clock when we do get the ball.

And still hard even if it is done. Sigh, that's how teams mentality was towards the great Niners.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by Digger25:
if you think Owen Daniels was a nightmare, wait until Dallas Clark starts up.

gonna be tough.

Originally posted by valrod33:
They have the 9th ranked defense in the league. they are 19th against the run giving up 111.8 yards a game.
They are 7th against the pass with 179 yards against per game.

We all know about their offense.

IF and I mean IF the Niner to win this game they need to control TOP with the run, which is what they are supposedly built for

The Niners NEED to keep Peyton Manning off the field as much as possible, cuz if the Texans and Falcons can carve up our D i could only imagine what Peyton could do

Like the black eyed peas... I GOT A FEELIN'!!!!

We are going to win this game. The team believes they can win with that amazing effort on both sides of the ball in Houston. Offense 21 points D holds'm to 3.
in a perfect world smith shows us and the world why he was chosen 1st in 05 and plays great we win and the win catapults us to a nice long winning streak. after the indy gm every gm is very winnable
I wish this game was right now. I'm really pumped today.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I know the Colts are a good team, but just look at the teams they have played.

Not gonna work, peyton is one of the best at reading blitzes, and he shreds zone coverage.. and even with their no name wr's he will toast man coverage.

We just gotta pray he mistakes this game for a big game against the patriots, and chokes like he does against them.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
in a perfect world smith shows us and the world why he was chosen 1st in 05 and plays great we win and the win catapults us to a nice long winning streak. after the indy gm every gm is very winnable

Yeah? What happens if our defense keeps giving up three to four first half TD's as they've done in the past two games? What then?
Originally posted by billbird2111:

Yeah? What happens if our defense keeps giving up three to four first half TD's as they've done in the past two games? What then?

Singletary shows them his ass?

Originally posted by Joecool:

And still hard even if it is done. Sigh, that's how teams mentality was towards the great Niners.

That's true, but the Giants found a way to circumvent that in the 90 Title Game.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I think that had alot to do with the D being on the field alot of the time because the O wasn't moving the ball.
The game can't come soon enough for me. I can't remember being so excited after a loss, especially one where the first half was so bad.
I see this as maybe being a shootout. I don't think our D will be able to stop Payton, but I could see them having problems with our spread O. It might come down to who has the ball on the last posession.
this is going to be a good game. At least I hope it is. The Defense better step up and stop being such pushovers like they have done the previous 2 games. And damn it I pray that the show that Smith put on last week was for real and this is what we can expect from out offense.
Share 49ersWebzone