There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alex Smith Haters?? Where are you?

for over the last year, I have been reading post after post on the topic of how AWFUL Alex Smith is/has been .... !

I am not, by any means, saying that he is the next ..... , But I am wondering where the group of people that claimed he never, ever, ever would amount to anything close to a nfl qb, are ......... Where are you anti-Alex/Niner fans? Tell us how it was A. Smith's fault that the Niners lost today because of that last minute int.

??????
  • g0t0
  • Veteran
i've never really had anything against alex but you have to admit.. he wasn't the greatest qb... still pretty stoked about seeing the niners stretch the ball..

go NINERS!!! (whoever starts at qb)
What exactly was your thought process prior to posting this?
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Let's not crown him just yet.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
What exactly was your thought process prior to posting this?

I think theres a natural need in all of us to try and rub it in someones face when they're wrong and the best time to do it is when the wound is fresh. I certainly wish I could go back and find everyone who said Maurice Drew wasn't better than Reggie Bush and make em eat crow. Hill fans have been listing Smiths stats and telling us he sucks for months now. Davis is the future they say, Smith should just be cut because he's terrible. The people who said these things are plausible imbecilic jerks and it would be nice for them to admit it
bottom line is both are not the caliber of qb needed to be successful in this league and are being guided by a oc who is just outright horrible.
The problem with the zone is, we will hype someone up as the next great 49er but the moment they fail, we turn on them as if they just killed a bunch of kittens/puppies.

There is hardly any loyalty here on the zone. We got people on here who want to replace our HC and we are only 6 games in the seaon. Whatever happen to supporting the team? I guess I'm just too loyal because I rarely bash anyone on the 49ers.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
The problem with the zone is, we will hype someone up as the next great 49er but the moment they fail, we turn on them as if they just killed a bunch of kittens/puppies.

There is hardly any loyalty here on the zone. We got people on here who want to replace our HC and we are only 6 games in the seaon. Whatever happen to supporting the team? I guess I'm just too loyal because I rarely bash anyone on the 49ers.

You don't have to follow like a blind sheep in order to be "supporting the team." I support this team. I've supported this team for over 20 years now, but these past 6 seasons not many players have given us a reason to be loyal. We've been in rebuild-mode now for quite some time, and we're still sorting out who we want on this team and who we don't. Do you see anyone bad-mouthing Frank Gore? Patrick Willis? You come out and you play hard, as long as you're productive, we'll support you. I'm an extremely loyal person. But don't expect us to follow the team like sheep and root for people who we feel aren't getting the job done. Shaun Hill ring a bell? I'm not going to be loyal to a guy who I think is a back-up QB, when we have someone better making millions with a stronger arm on the bench. Common sense. I'll root for Hill, but if he isn't producing, I'll root for someone else to take his job. Last time I checked, the back-up is also part of the team. Hence, I'm still supporting the team. Again, I want the team to win, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision that's being made.

If you had a manager at work, for example, who was making horrible decisions and potentially destroying your career, would you be "loyal" to that person, when you know there's someone out there that could do a better job, help save the company, and potentially save your job? Or would you just put all your faith into that person, because you're on his team?
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 26, 2009 at 4:01 AM ]
I can’t understand why anyone would want to hate any player on the team. It’s your team why would you want to see a player of your team fail? Sure we can get ticked off as fans when players screw up but hate? Don’t get it.

I joined this forum early in 05 to stress how much I did NOT want Alex Smith to be drafted by the 9ers. To young, not ready, inexperienced, weak knowledge of pro style offense, etc etc.

With that said it’s been rather fun seeing the ups and downs of Smith trying his best to become an NFL quarterback. I want the kid to succeed as long as he wears a 9er jersey I’ll be pulling for him.

Good for you Alex keep fighting. Now as for Battle I would like to punch you in the face, but know that I don’t hate you its just tough love.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it's got to the point where even the haters just want to see good football. Smith is just coming at the right time after Hill became unwatchable.
[whistle]

right hurrrr
I don't know if I would consider myself as a hater. More of a doubter. But I was very pleased by what Smith did in the second half. I hope this is the beginning of something great but still way too early to crown him as the future.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by miked1978:

You don't have to follow like a blind sheep in order to be "supporting the team." I support this team. I've supported this team for over 20 years now, but these past 6 seasons not many players have given us a reason to be loyal. We've been in rebuild-mode now for quite some time, and we're still sorting out who we want on this team and who we don't. Do you see anyone bad-mouthing Frank Gore? Patrick Willis? You come out and you play hard, as long as you're productive, we'll support you. I'm an extremely loyal person. But don't expect us to follow the team like sheep and root for people who we feel aren't getting the job done. Shaun Hill ring a bell? I'm not going to be loyal to a guy who I think is a back-up QB, when we have someone better making millions with a stronger arm on the bench. Common sense. I'll root for Hill, but if he isn't producing, I'll root for someone else to take his job. Last time I checked, the back-up is also part of the team. Hence, I'm still supporting the team. Again, I want the team to win, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with every decision that's being made.

If you had a manager at work, for example, who was making horrible decisions and potentially destroying your career, would you be "loyal" to that person, when you know there's someone out there that could do a better job, help save the company, and potentially save your job? Or would you just put all your faith into that person, because you're on his team?

B...S!! fence rider!!!!
Originally posted by mayo63:
I think it's got to the point where even the haters just want to see good football. Smith is just coming at the right time after Hill became unwatchable.

Exit "noodle arm", enter "the franchise".
I've always liked Alex but felt he was completely mismanaged by the 49ers in their rush to throw him in. He's older now and there is a confidence about him.

Also Nolan is gone and I think that makes Alex want it even more. Nolan became very caustic to Alex as we all remember.

I've always liked Vernon Davis too. I like his fire and enthusiasm. He's looking great right now.