There are 142 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Disapointed in our defense

Getting wore out bc the Offense cant stay on the field. It will change bc the O will have better opportunities to stay on the field!!!! But we need to pick up some young speed on the back end. Eric Berry anyone?! Keep it up Panthers!!!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Oct 26, 2009 at 2:12 PM ]
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Getting wore out bc the Offense cant stay on the field.

Again, fine excuse. But fine excuses don't matter.

The defense has to play every down. That's their job.

It's football.
Singletary mentioned that the reason the defense is not playing the same is because of communication. Not pointing fingers but MM mentioned that maybe Willis will be stripped of the radio helmet. He was never comfortable with it.

Singetary said too many guys are doing "their own thing" and not lining up where they're supposed to be. That's where there's a lack of communication. I'm pretty sure the Owens TD was a result of that.
Originally posted by dust-7:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Your complete incompetence when it comes to this argument

What bothers me is YOUR "complete incompetence".

Alright. Ya happy now? That please you? You done your bit to avoid dealing with the issues I mentioned?

Because - don't be "incompetent", to use your word. WATCH THE GAME! Deal with the reality on the field.

That's what matters. Not some agenda.

You might want a #1 D. This ain't it. Face the reality!!

You might want a great offense led by a solid QB - that, we'll see.

You might want a stellar ST. Even the 'dynasty' years the 49ers often struggled on ST.

So.

Do you understand the field position portion of the game? Where the D starts...where the O starts, that I do not think you get. If our O cant get a first down we have to punt...with me so far? The problem has been we are giving up great field position every game due to the s**tty play of the O and ST. Now multiple times the opposing teams O is actually starting in or very close to FG range. Even if we stop them they can still score...which has been your biggest point to your rantings. The D can hold them to 25-30 yard drives but with their field position they can kick FG's all day long. Then our O goes on the field, does nothing punts again and guess who has great field position again...the other team. The point being the D can stop them from scoring TD's but we can still lose to FG's if the O doesn't do anything. In this situation you would still complain that "the D is weak" you expect way to much from them which leads me to believe you actually never played defense.

It's football.

Then why doesn't the O score every time they have the ball?
they played lights out in the 2nd half when they actually got some rest. if theyre on the field all game long they wear out. its been the case since 2003 when the ship started to go down. no offense= worn out, tired defense. tired defense against a team with a lot of offensive firepower like atlanta and the texans is not a good thing. i hope Alex and his new weapons can light it up next week to keep the defense fresh because peyton manning is the best QB in the league and he will do horrible things to a tired disorganized defense

It's football.

EXCUSES
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Singletary mentioned that the reason the defense is not playing the same is because of communication. Not pointing fingers but MM mentioned that maybe Willis will be stripped of the radio helmet. He was never comfortable with it.

Singetary said too many guys are doing "their own thing" and not lining up where they're supposed to be. That's where there's a lack of communication. I'm pretty sure the Owens TD was a result of that.

The last time we had breakdowns in defense during the Nolan was here was whenever Roman played. It's all Roman's fault.
Well on that bomb to AJ, he was double covered and the ball shouldnt have been thrown. It was a desperation move and they got lucky. Sometimes the ball bounces your way and sometimes it doesnt.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Do you understand the field position portion of the game?

Hold them to a FG.

Read any gameday thread. The opponent comes your side of the field - everyone pipes up - HOLD THEM TO A FG!

I'm the same way.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A

You mean it's - ALL JIMMY RAYE'S FAULT !!

I thought they scored fairly well when Alex went in. But because the D and ST gave up so much - offense just ran out of time.
Do you understand the field position portion of the game?

Hold them to a FG.

Read any gameday thread. The opponent comes your side of the field - everyone pipes up - HOLD THEM TO A FG!

I'm the same way.

If they keep kicking FG's and we don't score TD's we lose. The O has been the problem thus far, if the D starts to blow games for us I will agree with you. At this point the O has been the bigger liability then the D.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope Alex and his new weapons can light it up next week

But it's got nothing to do with the D. They've got to play - regardless. It's called . . football. Singletary was suggesting the last two games, he said specifically, might have been spoiled by some communication problem between Willis and the sideline. He said that will be fixed, today, Monday.

I also agree with you in your hope that Smith, Gore, Norris, Mrob, Crabtree, Morgan, Bruce, Davis and Walker can drive on Indy like they weren't even there.

But that's going to take an O-line going up against a better D than HOU had.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
If they keep kicking FG's and we don't score TD's we lose.

Then we lose. The scenario was that the opponent had reached FG range.

We all say - on the gameday threads - HOLD THEM TO A FG! That's what the defense can do.

Or force a turnover!

You mean it's - ALL JIMMY RAYE'S FAULT !!

I thought they scored fairly well when Alex went in. But because the D and ST gave up so much - offense just ran out of time.

I personally put more fault on Hill. Sing and Raye should of pulled him earlier but they do have to play fair. Hill has been the biggest problem with the O, he couldn't do much...he's a glorified #2. The ST is a MAJOR problem...that I will 100% agree with you on!!