LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Will Vernon Davis Reach 1,000 Yards Receiving This Season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Will Vernon Davis Reach 1,000 Yards Receiving This Season?

I kept thinking about that 4th and 1 bomb to Davis with unblock rushers up the middle. Smith stood in, took the hit. The throw was money and so was the catch. Been soo long since I've seen so many good stuff from a Niner offense.

Playaction roll out, with Davis wide open in the end zone You think they would pull that one out in the future when they need to convert a 3rd down to win the game....Hell Yeah!

UPDATE: With four games remaining in the 2009 season, TE Vernon Davis currently has 63 receptions for 781 yards with 10 TDs!
Originally posted by PTulini:
UPDATE: With four games remaining in the 2009 season, TE Vernon Davis currently has 63 receptions for 781 yards with 10 TDs!

Man i want them to win but!
Most likely but with YET another losing season.

Will VD reach 20 drops this season?
Originally posted by MadMartz:

Ouch!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by MadMartz:
ha-ha-ha-ha! Will he "reach?" Reach! Funny! hahahahahahaha

He must be close. He averages three/game. It's not a question of reaching. It is catching.
Well after today's 111 yard performance Davis is at 781 yards with 4 games to go. He can do it!!!!!
I say he'll be just below 1,000, but he'll have about 15 touchdowns.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
i wish there was a dont care option because if he doesnt catch the balls that were thrown to him which could have won us the game then all the stats in the world doesnt really matter

Originally posted by dald1:
i wish there was a dont care option because if he doesnt catch the balls that were thrown to him which could have won us the game then all the stats in the world doesnt really matter

He makes up for the dropped passes so deal with it buddy.
The real question is whether or not he will have 1,000 drops.

I say he will, he's allready halfway there
  • dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

really? if he had made up for the passes we would have won so i really dont know where your going with this. Please explain how he made up for he two dropped td passes today

he needs to catch extra TDs the next game. All will be (somewhat) forgiven.

really? if he had made up for the passes we would have won so i really dont know where your going with this. Please explain how he made up for he two dropped td passes today

Right after he drops a pass and gets called for a block in the back he comes right back and catches a 30 yard touchdown. THAT'S HOW HE MADE UP FOR IT!
Share 49ersWebzone