There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We should have paid Crabtree what he demanded in July

• crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We'll never know the answer to that question, but you're crazy if you believe that our receiving core would still be averaging 80 yards a game with Crabtree in the lineup.

Crabtree gave us the ability to do something that we haven't done all year. Converting 3rd downs in passing situations. Those 3rd down conversions led to 21 points. Whose to say that wouldn't happen in the Minnesota game?

Exactly.

I have a hard time believing that we'd have as many 3 and outs as we did in the first five games......with Michael Crabtree playing in those games.
maybe Crabtree should have just accepted our offer in July.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Bingo. We have a winner.
Originally posted by crzy:
We'd be way better than 3-3 if he started the first five games.

No because the QB couldn't make use of him, Smith was the reason the passing game looked improved yesterday. The part Crabtree played was enhanced by the QB getting him the ball.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
Drafting Aaron Rodgers could have made this team solid by now.

You see...no one knows for sure.

I don't want to change the direction of this thread, but I strongly disagree. Drafting Aaron Rodgers, we'd be a real contender right now, instead of praying that Alex Smith's 2nd half today wasn't a fluke.

Yeah, I'm sure Nolan would have developed him much better than the Packers did.

Not with Hill as our starting QB.
Originally posted by BHulman:

You see...no one knows for sure.

I don't want to change the direction of this thread, but I strongly disagree. Drafting Aaron Rodgers, we'd be a real contender right now, instead of praying that Alex Smith's 2nd half today wasn't a fluke.

Yeah, I'm sure Nolan would have developed him much better than the Packers did.

this. smiths mobility made him survive the last few years. rodgers would be dead right now. but anyway, not another one of those threads.

im glad we held up on crabtree's demands, its better for the 49ers in the long run, if he signed before he wouldve signed a 5 year, now we have a 6 year deal in place and we still got 10 games left this year despite his holdout, that seemingly had no effect on his play yesterday. crabtree is a stud. hopefully all our 1st round picks over the last few years start to show up. VD, Smith, Lawson and Balmer seem to be late bloomers. Willis, Staley and Crabtree seemed to catch on right away. these guys are the key to our success and letting a rook blackmail a team is not the way to become a successful team. im glad the niners held strong against crabtree
If Crabtree can put up 5/50 with very little practice time, little rhythm with our quarterbacks, and only a basic understanding of our system.....you don't think he would have had a monumental impact this season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt?

That's all I'm saying.

Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill all you want. But our wide receivers for much of this season have not been getting separation from defensive backs. And Michael Crabtree gets open.

That is one sweet route Crabby runs there.

Not if Shaun Hill played the same way he did through 5.5 games we wouldn't have been. I think the Crabtree thing played out in the team's favor.
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
If Crabtree can put up 5/50 with very little practice time, little rhythm with our quarterbacks, and only a basic understanding of our system.....you don't think he would have had a monumental impact this season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt?

That's all I'm saying.

Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill all you want. But our wide receivers for much of this season have not been getting separation from defensive backs. And Michael Crabtree gets open.

that is odd because Smith didn't have any trouble finding open recievers
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Method:

That's all I'm saying.

It's good that you put up that image. There's literally three guys wide open on this play, and Hill stared down Crabtree the entire f**king time. I think that's Morgan over the middle, who's right past the first down marker after his cut, if Hill makes that throw he could have gotten some YAC. Sorry, but please don't say things like, "Look you guys can rag on Shaun Hill..." There's a reason we're ragging on him. He's been playing like he doesn't know wtf is going on, it's incredibly terrible.

There's other guys easily open on that very same play. In fact even more open.

This.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

That's all I'm saying.

that is odd because Smith didn't have any trouble finding open recievers

Yeah there's one WR wide open on the crossing route right in front of him.

-9fA
Just go ahead and post the following then....

Quote:
I like the idea of having our 1st round pick holdout for unslotted dough every year please
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Bingo. We have a winner.

Originally posted by B650:
Not signing Michael Crabtree on time could be the difference between the Niners barely missing the playoffs this year instead of making the playoffs.

That is a heck of a word to use...

You see...no one knows for sure. This team has MANY issues it needs to clean up...and quick if they want to see the post season.

Fortunately, we have an easy schedule.

after colts