LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 144 users in the forums

Gore averaging 2.3 yds per carry...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
...if you exclude his two runs of 79 and 80 yards against Seattle. That's a staggering statistic to me. We have Frank Gore and we can't run block any better than that?

I don't want to be a pessimistic fan after today's 2nd half, but with the way the Cardinals are playing, we HAVE to fix this NOW if we're going to contend with them for the division title. No chance the NFC West will produce a wild card team.

What the heck is going on?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
You can't exclude runs and complain about his average. That's goofy.
They are loading 8 in the box and run blitzing us.

We need a PASSING GAME to open that up.
Wish we can play Seattle more than 2 a season

Not much running, when the team's down 14 to 21 pts
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 25, 2009 at 9:17 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If you exclude all the runs except his 79 and 80 yard runs...

GORE HAS A 79.5 YPC AVERAGE!!!
Originally posted by Reckless:

...and our Offensive line is playing like s**t! Chilo should not see the field again until he gets his act together!
It's not just the run blocking. It's horrible all around. I constantly wonder WTF is going on out there. Even taking away the blown audible pick-up by Crabtree on the 1st play, the guys were in our backfield almost simultaneously with the ball as it was hiked.
Originally posted by Reckless:

I believe the announcers said in this game, much like the previous ones, that the teams are not loading up the box. They are beating us with a base defense.
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Oct 25, 2009 at 9:19 PM ]
Same culprits as usual: o-line and inept passing game.
Gore only had 13 rushes today. Thats not a lot to get things going. Im not worried about Gore.

Originally posted by Chief:
You can't exclude runs and complain about his average. That's goofy.

I know that seems a little weird because our O-Line and our RB did make those plays. But my point is that our running game is way off the mark this year. Extremely consistent at being horrible. This is NOT the way our team has ran the ball in recent years.

I believe Gore is still better than this. I just find it remarkable that our run blocking is so wretched.

I'm hoping that Alex Smith and Crabtree can help open things up a little for Gore. I guess we're about to find out in about 7 days.
  • mrbadd1
  • Info N/A
I'm worried about O-line and Gore. O-line has its problems but Gore seems to be injured off and on a lot the past couple of years. RB's plateau earlier than most other players.
it can only get better with smitty out there
Share 49ersWebzone