LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 126 users in the forums

Arizona now a game up on us :(

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by verb1der:
Wild Card!!!!!

No way, Dallas/Philly/Giants, Green Bay, Atlanta will get those 2 spots. We have to win the division.
  • dust-7
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we go with A. Smith for the of the remainder of the season to see if Alex can be the guy or not...

if Alex doesn't live up to their expectations.....i'm sure Singletary will put in Nate Davis in the last few games of the season to start developing him...

What else can he do?

Or work with Hill on the long ball.

What if Smith starts throwing those INTs again, like he used to, against Indy? Even if Hill wasn't consistently moving the team, his double-cover throws and out in space passes were often muffed or dropped for some reason. Alex throws a nice pass, and if it can be picked - it's going to be.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wild Card!!!!!

No way, Dallas/Philly/Giants, Green Bay, Atlanta will get those 2 spots. We have to win the division.

No we don't. Do you think every single one of those teams are going to go 11-5 or 10-6?
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Oct 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by wolfpack219:
Arizona's future schedule doesn't look that rough either.

2 questions

Does anybody have any Crabtree pics?
Whats the rest of Arizona's schedule looking like?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wild Card!!!!!

Don't forget Minnesota; they haven't won the NFC North just yet. But I do agree with you. The only way the 9ers are getting into the dance is if they can win the NFC West. By being back just one game at this time and having already beaten all three NFC West opponents, they're not in too bad of a position. On the other hand, you've got to hand it to the Cardinals. They already have three road wins.
"Arizona now a game up on us." --- It's gonna get a lot worse!
Originally posted by pelos21:

2 questions

Arizona's schedule looks like a cakewalk except for 2-3 games. They have Carolina,at Chicago, Seattle, at St. Louis, at Tennessee,Minnesota, at San Fran, at Detroit, St. Louis, and Green Bay. They have a easy schedule.

I looked at Carolina's schedule the rest of the way in and they may only win 1 more game. They have a tough schedule. Every team they play except for Tampa Bay is probably gonna be a playoff team.
amazing that people actually thought the Cards were going to relinquish the title that easily.
Originally posted by danimal:
amazing that people actually thought the Cards were going to relinquish the title that easily.

They managed to get to the Super Bowl last year; you've got to figure they have something going on. People, but I really mean fans, tend to forget about those types of things.
Originally posted by dust-7:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we go with A. Smith for the of the remainder of the season to see if Alex can be the guy or not...

if Alex doesn't live up to their expectations.....i'm sure Singletary will put in Nate Davis in the last few games of the season to start developing him...

What else can he do?

Or work with Hill on the long ball.

What if Smith starts throwing those INTs again, like he used to, against Indy? Even if Hill wasn't consistently moving the team, his double-cover throws and out in space passes were often muffed or dropped for some reason. Alex throws a nice pass, and if it can be picked - it's going to be.

What if pork rinds rained from the sky? Smith showed in 1 drive Sunday that he has the ability to bring the team down the field and score points. At this point, what ifs are all any team has... We'll just have to wait and see how things go. Right now, the team is better with Smith at QB, and that's the most important aspect of the decision to start him.

Originally posted by fzrdave:

They managed to get to the Super Bowl last year; you've got to figure they have something going on. People, but I really mean fans, tend to forget about those types of things.

To me being a real fan means respecting your opponent accordingly.
Originally posted by fzrdave:

To me being a real fan means respecting your opponent accordingly.

I totally agree!
After next Sunday, we'll be 3-4, and AZ 5-2.
Given NFC teams, our only hope for a playoff spot is by winning the division. It's a tough task, and let's hope Alex, VD and Crabtree can make something happen.
If the defense can limit opposing teams to
Originally posted by 49ersking:
After next Sunday, we'll be 3-4, and AZ 5-2.
Given NFC teams, our only hope for a playoff spot is by winning the division. It's a tough task, and let's hope Alex, VD and Crabtree can make something happen.
If the defense can limit opposing teams to

Looks like I'm rooting for Carolina for the first time this year.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by pelos21:

2 questions

Arizona's schedule looks like a cakewalk except for 2-3 games. They have Carolina,at Chicago, Seattle, at St. Louis, at Tennessee,Minnesota, at San Fran, at Detroit, St. Louis, and Green Bay. They have a easy schedule.

I looked at Carolina's schedule the rest of the way in and they may only win 1 more game. They have a tough schedule. Every team they play except for Tampa Bay is probably gonna be a playoff team.

Not so fast. Carolina is most likely gonna bench Delhomme (Fox said it's a possibility, reported by ESPN) Matt Moore has a strong arm, and showed it a couple of weeks ago, and also in preseason, this will open up their run even more.

The Bears are going to be a tough team to beat, you never know which Cutler you get, and which defense. Seattle might play hard and try to get redemption for their earlier loss to them; St. Louis...still, you can never count division opponents out.

Tennessee, they could surprise (especially if Young takes over at QB), they have talent on that team; Minnesota is going to beat them, so will we, and the Packers are going to make a game out of it depending on were they are standing in the division.

no, I really don't think that their schedule is going to be that easy, knowing how shaky they are times.
[ Edited by TheG0RE49er on Oct 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone